Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 04:56 pm
He recently checked himself into rehab again too.

http://news.kron4.com/news/breaking-actor-comedian-robin-williams-found-dead/

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Officials are investigating the death of actor and comedian Robin Williams.
Williams was 62.
The Marin County Sheriff’s Office said that Williams was found unconscious Monday afternoon at about 12:00 p.m. inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon.
An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office, officials said.
Investigators said that Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on Sunday.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 37 • Views: 53,513 • Replies: 507

roger

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 04:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
Aw, I loved that man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:00 pm
One account calls it possible suicide.
hingehead

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:02 pm
This from twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuyvhTKIQAA1Kyq.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:03 pm
http://en.mediamass.net/people/robin-williams/deathhoax.html
?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:05 pm
@edgarblythe,

Here's the release from the Marin County Sheriff's Office:

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 am, Marin County Communications
received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious
and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s
Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection
District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at
12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as
Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63 year old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently
underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office.
Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was
last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00
pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1
call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office
Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a
comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made.
A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent
toxicology testing to be conducted.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:09 pm
@jespah,
Here's a corroborating article from Entertainment Weekly:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
And another by Variety:
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin-williams-found-dead-in-possible-suicide-1201280386/

At this point, I say it's no longer a possible hoax given those two sources.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:13 pm
@tsarstepan,

major news sources like CNN are also reporting it... damn...
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:27 pm
What a shocker. Sad

Such an incredibly talented actor and comedian.

They are now reporting that his death was a suicide and that he had been suffering from severe depression.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:35 pm
Half a dozen stories in less than half of the page at Facebook.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:45 pm
It appears that this death will have a much more profound impact that is usually the case when a celebrity dies. Not only was he widely liked, or even loved, but he was relatively young (62).
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:58 pm
My heart aches....I hate it. He was lovely.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:07 pm

Asphyxia ?
Maybe he hanged himself. Any word of a suicide note ?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:09 pm
Wow, I'm shocked, and saddened.

When I read that the cause of death was asphyxiation, morbid as this sounds, I think of David Carradine.

I hope it wasn't an accidental suicide in this case.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:12 pm
...and the reality is that when a person with that much life inside them decides to voluntarily check out, you know that people are putting too much pressure on other people.

Can you imagine what must have been going on in his life?

Too much pressure on people. Just too much. It's gotta stop.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:13 pm
He was a good actor who was able to fit the characters he portrayed whether it was comedy or serious. He will be missed by many of his fans - including me.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:15 pm
The world has a little bit less to laugh without him. He was one of the best comedians there is - a natural! Very sad news!
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:15 pm
from someone on facebook:

"With so much conflict in our world, God must have needed a laugh, (knock knock) Show time Mr. Williams"
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:17 pm
On one hand, we have CBS cancelling the critically well received The Crazy Ones (2013) after the first season. But on the other hand, Robin Williams did sign on with the highly anticipated long-awaited sequel, Mrs Doubtfire 2.

His career was still going strong despite a few recent Razzie worthy film projects. His death - suicide or not - is still pretty bitter to accept. He had a reputation for being a wonderful person.