hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 02:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

I am a witness to it in my own mother.

Really sorry to hear that.

Lets go back and review shall we:

Quote:
And in the week before his death on Aug. 11, Williams stuck to many of his familiar routines. On Aug. 5, he and his wife, Susan Schneider, had dinner at one of their favorite local spots, Joe's Taco Lounge in Mill Valley, before attending the Mark Pitta & Friends comedy show at the Throckmorton Theatre, where the couple stopped by most Tuesday nights.

"He looked fine, just like he always does," Julian Kaelon, director of marketing at the Throckmorton, tells PEOPLE. "He was the same bubbly, fun, kind-hearted guy he always was. He came up to the concession and bought his regular Coca-Cola. He always insisted on paying and would never allow us to give him anything for free."

"He would ride his bike Tuesday nights to the theater, and he loved going into the small green room and imparting words of wisdom about the art of comedy, or the business," adds Kaelon. "He encouraged the next generation of comedians to find their voice. He told them a lot of comedians don't get out of the standard joke box, but they needed to grow and not be complacent."

On Aug. 10 – just one day before his death – the star kept his Sunday morning date with legendary comic Mort Sahl, 87, at The Depot Bookstore & Cafe.

http://www.people.com/article/robin-williams-inside-his-last-days

Quote:
Johnny Steele, a local comic and cycling buddy, told The San Francisco Chronicle that in recent months Williams had seemed frail and Steele "worried that he was not well ... I had started to get concerned that he had some physical malady, not telling anyone."

But during their most recent bike ride a week ago, "he kicked my ass ... which made me even more alarmed," Steele said, adding that he also seemed "sort of distant."

Quote:
The fact that Williams gave little outward indication that something was gravely wrong in the days before taking his own life is "a common phenomenon, and a frustrating one," says Dr. Jay P. Singh, a Washington, D.C.-based expert on suicide and mental illness.

"Unfortunately, when it comes to disorders like depression, it's a silent scourge. It's such a quiet disorder," says Dr. Singh. "There is a good amount of research as well as anecdotal evidence that shows right before a suicide occurs is the time period when individuals judged by mental health professionals are seen as being at low risk of suicide.

"A number of people over the last few days have questioned the last things [Williams] did, or shouldn’t his wife have picked up on something. At the end of the day, it's exceedingly difficult to pick up on signs and symptoms that place someone at imminent risk."

Risk of killing themselves out of depression, which is not the story the wife is now telling. She is telling us that he was a complete physical wreck and that he killed himself " for many many reasons" and she also says that it was lewy body dementia which he did not know he had not depression. Her story about how he disintegrated in the three months since he had last worked does not square what the facts as we know them. So why is she telling this story? I dont have an answer for that yet. What I fear is that she is shitting on the memory of Robin Williams because she is pissed at his kids, and pissed that being married to him during his last three years did not get her more financial reward, But hey, making the tour of TV studio's as the grieving widow is pretty cool. And maybe after she can sell a book, and do another tour as the grieving widow.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
Another huge problem with the tale the wife is telling is that Robin was at Hazelden addiction treatment center in July, less than two months before he killed himself for what was it, three weeks? Are they supposedly incompetent because there is no indication that they noticed anything particularly wrong with his mental health.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
She has not changed her mind at all. Off course he would have become depressed, hitting his head on doors, not being able to think clearly any more.

I would be upset if the children of my late husband, wanted to take the wedding gifts given to "us"..

All of his wives, grieved. He was and will always be a great guy who had issues in life.

He was found dead less than a year later on August 11 after hanging himself, something Schneider believes happened because her husband was tired of battling a disease that had taken over his body and mind - Lewy body dementia.

Quote:
Williams was not diagnosed with the disease however until his autopsy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3303579/Robin-Williams-widow-alleges-lawyers-children-estate-tried-away-wedding-gifts-shortly-actor-committed-suicide.html#ixzz3qeeRKS87
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
The Williams children say she is seeking more than what was discussed as part of the trustee agreement. In documents filed last week in San Francisco Superior Court, they said that Schneider Williams was “seeking to increase her share of the trust assets at the expense of the Williams children.”

But the Williams children say in the documents that the trustees already determined the personal property belongs to them. They say that Schneider Williams has “erroneously asserted to the media” and in documents that they are receiving a majority of assets in the estate.

“In fact, about half of the trust's net assets will be placed in Susan's trust for her benefit for her lifetime, while at her death, her two children and the three Williams children will share the remainder of those assets, if any, one-fifth each,” they say in the documents.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-robin-williams-estate-20150819-story.html

I have no reason to doubt the above statements. This story she is telling that all she wanted was to live in the house and some trinkets is clearly false. Which makes me wonder what else she is lying about.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
She also allegedly wanted Williams' kids out of his life so she could have absolute control. "Robin was aware of this," pointed out the source to Radar of Williams, who was suffering through the early stages of Parkinson's disease. "And unfortunately, his health was what led him to fear that he would ultimately be under the control of someone he didn't trust."

http://radaronline.com/photos/robin-williams-commits-suicide-life-with-wife-susan-schneider/photo/1050417/

Sounds right.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 03:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
According to the documents, Schneider Williams says that trustees overseeing the estate have calculated the value of the property and its associated expenses — which she would be responsible for. but have not explained how they came up with those numbers

From the same link you provided. So, she has to pay for all the expenses of the property, she is responsible for that. It's fair that she is requesting coverage.

You also have selected reading:-

Quote:
Schneider Williams has said that she hasn't received any income from a trust Williams created for her to pay for her cost of living, and that some personal items of sentimental value are under dispute.

Quote:
Robin's California home was left to Susan, while his will also stated that she got expenses to maintain it.

He created for her to pay for the costs of living, yet she has received nothing. That the children are trying to take items she deems sentimental. I'd fight for that.

Quote:
In the court documents filed earlier this year the children said their father, who was 63 when he died, had said on his death they were to receive his Oscar, items from his films memorabilia, action figures, books, theatre masks and other items.

Schneider, who was married to the actor for three years, acknowledged she had no right to items that related to his acting career, including props from Mork and Mindy.

However it was claimed she wanted other items like his dinner suit from their wedding and other "knick knacks".

Sounds like a reasonable request to me. And, the right thing for her to do, regarding his memorabilia . She has apparently also dropped the law suit and they have now come to an agreement.

Writing a Book? Or simply wanting to have what he wished her to have.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 05:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
The main issue revolves around the how much money Susan Williams will receive to keep up the Tiburon, Calif. home they shared, as appraisers will take another stab at valuing the property in the near future after an initial probe

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/robin-williams-estate-battle-wife-children-fight-money-possessions/

She is getting to live in the house and the trust set her up with enough money to let her do that till death, the main issue was that she wanted more money. What she intended to do with it is not known, nor is whether by fighting in court she actually got the bump she was looking for.

Quote:
The children also say the trustees have arrived at a figure for a reserve fund for Susan Williams to cover the costs of the Tiburon home, but she wants more.

Susan Williams says the trustees have refused to explain how they calculated the amounts for her reserve fund, which were different from figures she arrived at

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/attorneys-for-robin-williams-wife-children-back-in-court-in-ongoing-estate-fight-1.3206946

And re his boxers et all; The wife said orignally that everything in the home on death was hers, which the kids had a problem with, and which I gather Robin expected as hours before his death he got the watches to a friend for safe keeping.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 05:21 pm
My mom has expressed the desire to die of something else before her dementia kills her. Some days when she is really low, yes depression is a part of the disease in the later stages, she has asked why she needs to keep living, that she wants to give up and die, that she has nothing to live for and no quality of life and is a lonely prisoner of her illness. Other days the hallucinations and paranoia takes over and she accuses me of trying to poison her or that strangers are coming into the house at night and moving things around or making her fall.

Those days don't happen frequently, but they do happen. Medications help lessen the intensity but don't eliminate them.

Some days she can't string a coherent sentence together while when she is having a good day, you'd not know anything was amiss.

From someone in the midst of it on a daily basis and not reading juicy tidbits in the news, it is highly likely and believable that things with Robin in his last days happened just as reported by his wife and caregiver.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 05:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
I had a grandpa who once his wife died never found anything else to live for. He was extremely abusive to those who were around, not knowing any other way to handle being alive when he did not want to be. I dont know that he had dementia, but I do know that he routinely accused his one remaining son of the most outlandish things, and was a bastard to pretty much everybody.

This kind of end of life unpleasantness is known to me. I also think that Robin Williams last wife is lying, and she is clearly not interested in what Robin Williams would have wanted. None of what she has been saying since she settled with the estate serves the memory of Robin Williams.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 07:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
I will add that I have greatly enjoyed BubbleBee's posts.... to fall from the heights that she obtained into dementia has to be hard for her and everyone around her as well.

You have my sympathy Butrflynet.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 09:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
Horrifying that you and your mom are living with this. I am so sorry, sweet, loyal daughter. I've often thought that I would likely choose not to live long in the situation you describe, and I think most people at least think the same thing, though we never know how we'd respond until we actually faced the diagnosis.

My thoughts are with you and your mom.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 06:11 pm
Quote:
RadarOnline.com has learned that Robin Williams‘ widow is hoping to author a tell-all about his life and their relationship!

“She is shopping a book,” a source close to Susan Williams reveals, adding that “publishers have shown interest.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/robin-williams-widow-susan-williams-writing-tell-all-book/

I am shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA, to find out that this woman thinks that being with Robin for the last few years as his career fell apart means that we will want to read her book. And based upon all the crap she is saying about Robin for free, and the fact that she feels free to go after his kids in the press, you gotta figure it would be a nasty book.

Quote:
Robin’s children and other family has heard about the book, notes the insider, and they aren’t happy about it.

Ya think!
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 06:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Now I understand the reason for the story about how he supposedly fell apart at the end,,,she wants to pitch the book " I am the only one who can tell the story because I am the only one who saw what happened" which is true because his assistant cant talk due to non disclosure agreements. The last wife has great latitude to make stuff up about the last couple of months to make a juicy story too, both because Robin did not go out much and because friends and family will not want to dignify her BS by arguing with her in public.
0 Replies

OlgaDorlon

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 07:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
Such a shame he was in so many good films.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 07:39 pm
Quote:
Is it possible that Robin Williams didn’t slide into the depths of self-absorption and depression? Is it possible that he didn’t take the selfish way out, as some describe suicide? Is it possible that he acted rationally and decided that he simply didn’t want to put his family through the agony of watching his mental capacities steadily decline to the point that he would become an overwhelming burden on them?

Considering the long trail of evidence in Robin Williams’s life, his many charitable acts and devotion to worthy non-profit causes, it seems more than likely that he carefully examined where his life was headed and the suffering he would probably put his family through. Chances of recovery and a resumption of normal life were zero.

Rather than impose that awful experience on others, Williams decided to cut his losses and end it quickly. Yes, there would be pain and anger and tears. But those feelings would be relatively short lived. The suffering of family and friends as they watched him waste away promised to be prolonged and agonizing. Plus, when he eventually would die, there would be all the normal pain and tears of death anyway. Williams simply saved everyone else the trouble of watching it play out over months or years.

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/11/suicide-is-a-selfish-act-not-in-the-case-of-robin-williams.html/

I think it is more in line with when Miles said that if he could no longer play he would check out because there would be no point in living, but I do agree that it was probably a well thought out rational choice. Also I think that being around people without any of his gift would have been torture for him.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 07:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Susan received one of Robin’s watches, a bicycle and the artwork in the home Robin willed to her as well as an additional $10,000 per month, the insider reveals to Closer Weekly. The new deal raises her allowance to $35,000 per month.

But the rest of Robin’s collection of bicycles, watches, comic books and other bric-a-brac went to the kids.

http://www.closerweekly.com/posts/robin-williams-estate-settlement-exclusive-details-73861

A 40% bump for fighting with the estate is not too shabby. Course she will continue to sell the story that it was about boxers and slippers, knowing that few to none will call the " grieving widow" on her lies.
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 09:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
you still obsessed by this?
You missed your calling. You should open an insurance investigation service. You could work at home an in your skivvies.

UGHH Now I cant get that out of my head. Thanks a lot.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 10:14 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
you still obsessed by this?

I would say interested, but yes. So much about this guy is interesting. If you have time read his GQ interview, there is a raw honesty and self awareness that flows through the whole thing that just blows me away. And celebs, even if they get it, rarely to never talk this way. Robin had this " **** it, I am going to tell the truth" thing going on that I really admire.

http://www.gq.com/story/patch-adams-robin-williams
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 01:40 am
@hawkeye10,
Here is my take.

Butrflynet started this particular thread. It's dear to her heart.

She set the cards on the table yet again a few posts back, love to you Butrflynet and Mum.

Give her some respect.

Give her a lot of respect.

It's not all about a male victim the woman is milking, in this instance it's about what "he" went through that she can relate to and what may happen in life even to you Hawk.

If you don't mind!

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 04:38 am
CeeLo Green's tribute to Robin Williams.

0 Replies