Amanda Knox

JTT

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 02:51 pm
Italy’s Highest Court Overturns Acquittal of Amanda Knox

By ELISABETTA POVOLEDO
Published: March 26, 2013 469 Comments

ROME — Italy’s highest court on Tuesday ordered a new trial in the sensational case of Amanda Knox, an American student accused of murdering her 21-year-old roommate, Meredith Kercher of Britain, in 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/27/world/europe/amanda-knox-retrial-ruling.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all&

oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 04:40 pm

I notice the tag "Extradition".

I am pleased to inform you that the US has no intention of extraditing a clearly innocent American to a third-world hellhole that has already committed grave violations of her human rights.

However, you should see what this has done to Raffaele's book sales (and to pre-orders for Amanda's book). Very Happy
JTT

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 05:01 pm
@oralloy,
The US wouldn't have extradited Adolf Hitler if they could have found some use for him, like say, an honorary Founding Father.
oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 05:10 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
The US wouldn't have extradited Adolf Hitler if they could have found some use for him, like say, an honorary Founding Father.

"Honorary Founding Father" would not be much of a use, but it is likely true that we would have kept him if he'd been of actual use.
JTT

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 05:14 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
but it is likely true that we would have kept him if he'd been of actual use.

Of course you would have, Oralboy. That would be perfectly in keeping with the US's fundamentally evil nature.

You now harbor all manner of terrorists and war criminals. Hell, you even provide them with pensions.
oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 05:44 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Oralboy.

You'd be a lot more pleasant if you didn't engage in childish name-calling.
Mame

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 06:02 pm
@oralloy,
No he wouldn't.
Moment-in-Time

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 06:34 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

Of course you would have, Oralboy. That would be perfectly in keeping with the US's fundamentally evil nature.

My country, the US, has a lot of crimes under its belt. It propped up the Shah of Iran; it propped up the Marcos of the Philippines, it was in close ties with Saddam Hussein even after the dictator had used nerve gas on its own citizens, the Kurds. Baby Doc of Haiti, etc. The list seems endless. However one thing is sure, if Amanda Knox is **found guilty** again by the Italian court system, her extradition upon receipt of a formal request by Italy will be turned over to the US Justice Department, who will honor that second jurisdiction charging Knox of a convicted crime. The only way she would not be extradited to our ally, Italy, is if she skipped town and could not be found.
oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 06:35 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
No he wouldn't.

I'm not entirely comfortable getting into a conversation about another poster (although at least I'm not doing it behind his back), but very briefly:

I believe that JTT believes that his accusations against the US are true.

If those accusations were all true, his anger would be quite appropriate. So since he believes them true, it is only normal that he is so angry at the US.

I believe that he is mistaken about most of his accusations against the US. I think we've done some of what he accuses, but not most of it.

But overall, I think his heart is in the right place.

I hope that makes sense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 06:43 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
However one thing is sure, if Amanda Knox is **found guilty** again by the Italian court system, her extradition upon receipt of a formal request by Italy will be turned over to the US Justice Department, who will honor that second jurisdiction charging Knox of a convicted crime. The only way she would not be extradited to our ally, Italy, is if she skipped town and could not be found.

That is completely incorrect.

The Obama Administration has no intention whatsoever of handing a clearly innocent American over to a third world country that has already committed grave violations of her human rights.

Chances are pretty high that we'd shelter Raffaele as well.

Hopefully he is already here. I know he was waiting in London for the ruling from Cassation, and I hear they have a big airport there.
JTT

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 07:12 pm
@Mame,
You and Oralloy would make a damn good couple, Mame.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 04:19 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Obama Administration has no intention whatsoever of handing a clearly innocent American over to a third world country that has already committed grave violations of her human rights.

Quote:
... a clearly innocent American...

Did you commit the murder? Is that how you know she is innocent?
oralloy

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hey there, dishonest lying vermin.

No, you are not off ignore. But this case is important enough that I'll make an exception to ignore.

I know that Amanda (and Raffaele) are innocent because there is zero evidence indicating their guilt, and because there is strong evidence that someone unconnected to them did it.
Moment-in-Time

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Orally: "The Obama Administration has no intention whatsoever of handing a clearly innocent American over to a third world country that has already committed grave violations of her human rights."

Quote:

Frank Apisa: "... a clearly innocent American..."

Good question! Personally, I have often wondered how the poster could be so certain Amanda was innocent unless of course he were an **eye witness** to said event....how can one be so sure especially being on another continent in front of his computer and the only info is from the media which is often laden with bias depending on the country...in the Knox case we have Britain, Italy and the US; each of these countries present their point of view. In Britain there is great sympathy for the Kercher family. The US, of course, would like Amanda to have been framed. Italy is just trying to get at the truth.

The fact is Amanda is not the clean-cut all American girl one would expect her to be. As soon as she returned to America, the media found her shacking up with another lover? One would think after her ordeal in Italy she would lay low for her image sake. Also when captured in Italy she was given an HIV test which came back a false positive. She had to list a number of men she had slept with. The list was quite impressive given the small length of time she had been in Italy. The second test proved she was not positive.

Also, the US has an extradition treaty with Italy and if this female is found guilty again, she will be seized and returned to Italy.
JTT

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:51 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The world became a more beautiful place on the day Meredith Kercher died.

What does this mean?
oralloy

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 12:52 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Good question! Personally, I have often wondered how the poster could be so certain Amanda was innocent unless of course he were an **eye witness** to said event....

It's pretty easy. I just bother to pay attention to the evidence.

The fact that there is zero evidence against either Amanda or Raffaele, is alone more than enough to say it is wrong to prosecute them.

The fact that there is strong evidence that the crime was committed by someone unconnected to them, makes it completely clear that they are absolutely innocent.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Italy is just trying to get at the truth.

No they aren't. Italy is a backwards country that is interested only in superstition and witch hunts.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The fact is Amanda is not the clean-cut all American girl one would expect her to be.

The fact that you like to spread lies about the victims of atrocities only proves that you are a despicable person.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
As soon as she returned to America, the media found her shacking up with another lover?

Yes. She appears to be back with her old boyfriend in Seattle.

But that's her private life. What business is it of yours?

Moment-in-Time wrote:
One would think after her ordeal in Italy she would lay low for her image sake.

Well first, being the victim of an atrocity by a third-world nation is hardly any reason to hide.

And second, she was only living her life as normal. It's not like she was going out and calling press conferences every day or something.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Also when captured in Italy she was given an HIV test which came back a false positive.

Correction. They lied to her and told her she was dying of AIDS. It was one of the many many violations they committed against her.

There was never any false positive.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
She had to list a number of men she had slept with. The list was quite impressive given the small length of time she had been in Italy.

Liar.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Also, the US has an extradition treaty with Italy and if this female is found guilty again, she will be seized and returned to Italy.

No she won't. The US government has no intention of ever extraditing her back to Italy under any circumstances whatsoever.
oralloy

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 12:52 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The world became a more beautiful place on the day Meredith Kercher died.

What does this mean?

Just my expression of revulsion against the Kerchers and all the evil that they stand for.
Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 12:57 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Hey there, dishonest lying vermin.

Hi, Oralloy.

Quote:
No, you are not off ignore. But this case is important enough that I'll make an exception to ignore.

My guess is you make exceptions to all your "ignores"...and I think most people who prate on about putting people on "ignore" do the same.

Quote:
I know that Amanda (and Raffaele) are innocent because there is zero evidence indicating their guilt,

That, of course, is not evidence that she is innocent. She may be guilty as hell...but clever enough to hide her guilt.

Quote:
...and because there is strong evidence that someone unconnected to them did it.

Once again, not evidence that she is innocent.

Fact is, you apparently do not know she is innocent. You simply think she is not.
Frank Apisa

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 12:58 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:

Good question! Personally, I have often wondered how the poster could be so certain Amanda was innocent unless of course he were an **eye witness** to said event....

Oralloy is just shooting off his mouth...something he is particularly adept at doing.
Moment-in-Time

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 01:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

No she won't. The US government has no intention of ever extraditing her back to Italy under any circumstances whatsoever.

Did the US government tell you this personally about Amanda Knox? When did the Attorney General Eric Holder call and tell you they had no intention whatsoever under any circumstances to extradite Amanda if she is found guilty a second time?!