cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 07:08 pm
@ossobuco,
I was responding to hawk, the know it all! Please put me on Ignore. PLEASE!
firefly

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
If Williams was that hard up for money, he wouldn't have set up the trust funds for his three children so they could receive them while he was still alive. His eldest son has already likely collected his entire trust. His daughter has probably collected two-thirds of hers.

I don't understand why you are so determined to view this man as some kind of washed-up failure at the end. He wasn't, not by a longshot. He remained working, and in demand, and very highly regarded by a great many in the entertainment industry, as well as countless fans. He had future projects already lined up.

He struggled with mental health issues throughout his life--particularly anxiety, which he said was at the root of his problems with addiction to alcohol. And, at least since his open heart surgery in 2009, he suffered from increasing bouts of depression. Advancing age, and concerns about a very uncertain future, due to an extremely debilitating and progressive neurological disease, that could have robbed him of his basic independence, may well have been enough to plunge him into a depression and state of anxiety that was intolerable for him, that simply overwhelmed his coping mechanisms, particularly given his predisposition for these problems.

I don't think you really understand that the torment was inside of him--he had battled it for years. Depression itself can be crushing, it can distort everything out of all proportion.

Ragman

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:19 pm
@firefly,
More proof that so many people have no idea what depression is and what sort of toll it takes from its victims. First you need to have a heart and a soul to begin to understand the problem and the depths one can sink.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:20 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I don't understand why you are so determined to view this man as some kind of washed-up failure at the end.

Not determined, however I am not sold that the story that he is dead because of bad brain chemistry is correct. He was a boomer, he was no longer having fun, he had many many recent failures that were likely causing his unhappiness rather than brain chemistry. There are accounts of people asking Williams about alleged depression earlier in his life and he saying no, he was not clinically depressed but he had some bad **** going on in his life that kept him from being happy...maybe this was what happened at the end of his life too.

You know me, I often take the unargued side in the hopes that we might better get to the truth. I dont want to assume, and I know that conventional wisdom is often wrong. I dont claim any inside knowledge here or any spectacular brilliance, but I do see lots of reasons to doubt the storyline that Robion Williams is dead because of brain chemistry.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:22 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

More proof that so many people have no idea what depression is and what sort of toll it takes from its victims. First you need to have a heart and a soul to begin to understand the problem and the depths one can sink.
Who documented that Williams had a diagnosis?
Linkat

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:26 pm
@firefly,
So sad that people cannot be more kind -- whether you agree or not on the subject I cannot believe that anyone could be so cruel.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

Is there some reason that I do not see that would cause us to question his wife word on this matter?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No, thank you.

Are property taxes in California still under prop 13? That can matter for many.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 08:59 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Is there some reason that I do not see that would cause us to question his wife word on this matter?
the fact that his publicist claims that he had no money trouble, that when he clearly said that he did he was according to her "joking". The williams camp seems to have weak fidelity to truth. Besides, I have not seen where she claimed a diagnosis from a pro, maybe she diagnosed the condition of depression.
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 09:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the fact that his publicist claims that he had no money trouble, that when he clearly said that he did he was according to her "joking". The williams camp seems to have weak fidelity to truth. Besides, I have not seen where she claimed a diagnosis from a pro, maybe she diagnosed the condition of depression.

You are in this case you, seems to be trying to build the Sear Tower out of tooth picks.

Good old Occam razor as apply here would take the most likely reason for his death was a long term depression that got out of control just long enough for him to killed himself and having nothing to do with any unproven financial problems.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 09:41 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

You are in this case you, seems to be trying to build the Sear Tower out of tooth picks.

cute, I have not heard that before.

I do however occasionally take up lost causes Very Happy
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I have been asked a lot over the last few days why certain aspects of a death by suicide should not be reported. In short it's to keep people, who may be struggling with their mental health, safe. We know that around 6,000 people take their own life every year in the UK, and thousands more will attempt suicide, seriously contemplate it and battle mental health problems.
When done correctly, media coverage can be incredibly powerful in helping people to seek support and advice. It can also contribute towards changing public attitudes towards mental health problems and reducing the stigma that sadly still exists.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/opinion/robin-williams-suicide-media/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Fuckers....when the news media does its job correctly it relays information to the masses full stop, the media is not intended to be a propaganda device of the elite for the purposes of manipulating those who they believe are below them. And isnt " WE HAVE TO SAVE THE VICTIMS!" always the excuse for wrongs done against us by the elite? One day we will wise up.
0 Replies

tomr

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:47 pm
@firefly,
I can't help thinking that the anti-depressants and/or anti-anxiety drugs he was probably on had some negative effect on him. Especially if he committed suicide in the impulsive way it seems he may have from the descriptions I've read (multiple attempts, cutting wrists, and no note). It could be other drugs too, but anti-depressants are known to increase suicidal thoughts in people, I think the FDA makes them put that on the label. It wouldn't be the first time that its happened. But he had a lot going on so it really is impossible to know now what he was thinking or what was influencing him to act the way he did...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 01:09 am
miles in 1984 said " if I cant put anything into this music (jazz) then I would rather die, then to not create anything on this earth....thats the way I feel"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51WOgwMmHcE

you gotta wonder how much williams felt this way, as he was being pursued by greedy Hollywood types to redo mrs. doubtfire all of these years later...something that he really did not want to do because there was no point in doing it again for any other reason but money, but he did not have the luxury of saying no. The depths of creative bankruptcy that he had been driven to for cash must have been excruciating for a man of his talents and stature, for a man who had successful recreated himself many times over.

The well had run dry.
revelette2

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:04 am
http://col.stb00.s-msn.com/i/11/902914f527f627244043be6fd199f9/_h420_w854_m6_utrue_otrue_lfalse.jpg
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:43 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
he was being pursued by greedy Hollywood types
WHATAYAMEAN????? That is the way that the world is supposed to work.
There is something very rong,
if it fails to work that way; un-natural.

Money makes the world go 'round.

David
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 03:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I find it impossible to believe that you have not personally known the anguish of people who have owned homes that are supposed to be worth $1 million, which they have been trying to sell for $900,000 but cant, and dont have the money to pay the property taxes.

Wow. Are you really that ignorant of financial matters?

If I had a home worth $1 million and a mortgage of $100,000 on it. I could easily pay the property taxes which would be in the range of about $10,000. I have equity of $900,000 in the home. What bank wouldn't loan me the $10,000 let alone $250,000 while waiting for the home to sell?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 03:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

the fact that his publicist claims that he had no money trouble, that when he clearly said that he did he was according to her "joking".

Sure, and Latrell Sprewell was dead serious when he demanded more than $14.6 million a year because he had a family to feed.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 04:36 pm
@firefly,
Depression is real and people need to not only see that, but "feel" it to understand.. It is such great sadness that anyone feels that they had to take their life, due to depression and like any illness, there flows other illnesses, adding those can be too much, for some. RIP sweet man..

Robin Williams stated:-

Quote:
"My only companions, my only friends as a child were my imagination," he said.

Quote:
Williams was bullied badly during childhood for being chubby and would often spend much of his time playing alone in the family's large home to avoid his tormentors. Eventually, he conquered his overweight label though by joining the wrestling and tracks teams, and realised he could make the other children laugh as a way of gaining respect from them.

I'd say the bullying affected him even back then, as a child. Good for him to find a solution, rise above it and use his strength as he did, right to the end.

Zelda's tribute

Quote:
'My family has always been private about our time spent together. It was our way of keeping one thing that was ours, with a man we shared with an entire world. But now that’s gone, and I feel stripped bare.

'My last day with him was his birthday, and I will be forever grateful that my brothers and I got to spend that time alone with him, sharing gifts and laughter. He was always warm, even in his darkest moments.

'While I’ll never, ever understand how he could be loved so deeply and not find it in his heart to stay, there’s minor comfort in knowing our grief and loss, in some small way, is shared with millions.

'It doesn’t help the pain, but at least it’s a burden countless others now know we carry, and so many have offered to help lighten the load. Thank you for that.

'To those he touched who are sending kind words, know that one of his favorite things in the world was to make you all laugh. As for those who are sending negativity, know that some small, giggling part of him is sending a flock of pigeons to your house to poop on your car. Right after you’ve had it washed. After all, he loved to laugh too…

'Dad was, is and always will be one of the kindest, most generous, gentlest souls I’ve ever known, and while there are few things I know for certain right now, one of them is that not just my world, but the entire world is forever a little darker, less colorful and less full of laughter in his absence. We’ll just have to work twice as hard to fill it back up again.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723549/Ill-never-understand-loved-deeply-not-heart-stay-Robin-Williams-children-offer-poignant-tributes-comic-suicide-home-wife-slept-door.html#ixzz3AVFDeDMf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 04:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Lash wrote:
I think a lot of us would check out early with a diagnosis
like Alzheimer's or similar. Parkinson's is in that arena.
hawkeye10 wrote:
I have not found an exact quote yet but clearly Christopher Reeves long
tortured good bye weighed heavy on Williams at the time...I can well
imagine Williams saying to himself " no way am I going to go through that,
no way am I go to put my family through that".
If he had not actually done it,
I 'd not have believed that he 'd be willing
to go out in such an ad hoc, un-comfortable way.

If he really wanted to use hanging,
he cud have chosen a more humane way to do it, with a ROPE
specifically by breaking his neck, with an instantaneous death,
rather than slow strangulation. To have done that without
major sedation wud have been super-human.

I expect that his blood will be found to contain alcohol
or some other drug to soften the ordeal of strangulation.

I 'm glad that he did not use a firearm.
0 Replies