4
   

Will impeachment proceedings guarantee a 2020 win for president Trump?

 
 
Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 11:35 pm
The democrats certainly seem to want president Trump to be re-elected.

I don't think the American taxpayers will appreciate footing the bill for a year long impeachment process that we all know will result in nothing.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mueller-statement-on-russia-investigation-impeachment-nunes-hannity
 
View best answer, chosen by FreedomEyeLove
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 12:14 am
Trump is going to be reelected no matter what the Democrats do.

However, further outrageous behavior by the Democrats might just spawn a movement to outlaw the Democratic Party in America.
FreedomEyeLove
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 12:21 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
further outrageous behavior by the Democrats might just spawn a movement to outlaw the Democratic Party in America.


I just don't understand how these people can live with themselves. What happened to the party of JFK?
oralloy
  Selected Answer
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 12:34 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Leftists are just bad people.
Sturgis
 
  2  
Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 12:53 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
What happened to the party of JFK?


What happened to the party of Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan? Back in those times, both Houses and both parties strived to working together for all the people.
FreedomEyeLove
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 01:39 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
What happened to the party of Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan?


Trump appeals to the same types of people who were democrats in the 1980's, but voted for Reagan. That's why so many black people voted for Trump in 2016.

Your point is invalid.

0 Replies
 
FreedomEyeLove
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 01:41 am
Has anyone else noticed how all the topics started by conservatives here get voted down so that those people aren't able to have a voice, but all the fruity leftist topics get supported? I wouldn't be surprised if the admins here also have a hand in that.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 02:23 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Trump is going to be reelected no matter what the Democrats do.

However, further outrageous behavior by the Democrats might just spawn a movement to outlaw the Democratic Party in America.


I am curious what you will do if Trump loses in 2020. Will you be man enough to admit you are wrong, or will there be an excuse?

(I make no certain predictions for 2020, I believe that either side could win it.)

oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 03:30 am
@maxdancona,
In addition to my actual track record of always admitting it when I am shown to be wrong:

http://able2know.org/topic/375323-2#post-6386201
oralloy wrote:
I'll never understand why people are embarrassed to be wrong. If I'd been wrong I'd simply shrug and post "I guess I was wrong this time."

Perhaps I'd also do a post-mortem of my prediction to try to see where I went wrong, but otherwise I'd move on pretty quickly.

In fact, since my prediction was (and is) that we're at the start of 20 years of Republican rule, there is still plenty of opportunity for me to be wrong. But if my 20 year prediction does turn out to be wrong, no one should be surprised if my only reaction is to shrug and maybe do a post-mortem of my prediction.


But predicting election results is easy in the current political climate. What do you think the odds are that I'll call all of the figure skating medals with reasonable accuracy next Olympics? That's where my real challenge is going to be.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 09:50 am
@oralloy,
In my accounting, your actual "track record" of admitting when you are wrong is not very good.

You are constantly insisting that your talking points, and ill-defined political opinions are "facts". Then you discount actual facts (i.e. data that is objective and testable) when they challenge your opinions.

We will see about this one. Your claim to be 100% certain is a little silly.
georgeob1
 
  2  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 10:15 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Trump is going to be reelected no matter what the Democrats do.

However, further outrageous behavior by the Democrats might just spawn a movement to outlaw the Democratic Party in America.

I believe it is very likely, at this juncture, that Trump will win the next election. However certainty on such an issue, affected as it is by so many variables, is very unrealistic, and, in my view, not possible.

Outlawing the Democrat Party would be an illegal violation of our fundamental political principles. The history of our political affairs is filled with tumult. The current period, though certainly contentious and somewhat polarized, is no worse than others that have preceded it.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 06:44 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
In my accounting, your actual "track record" of admitting when you are wrong is not very good.

You can't point out any cases where I have refused to acknowledge it when I was shown to be wrong.

And while this is beside the point, I can actually point out a case where you have refused to accept it when I proved you wrong.


maxdancona wrote:
You are constantly insisting that your talking points, and ill-defined political opinions are "facts".

They are facts.

You are wrong to refer to facts as opinions just because those facts are inconvenient to you.


maxdancona wrote:
Then you discount actual facts (i.e. data that is objective and testable) when they challenge your opinions.

I have never discounted any fact that challenged my position. You cannot point out any occurrence of me ever having done so.

As above, you are wrong to refer to facts as opinions simply because you find those facts inconvenient.


maxdancona wrote:
We will see about this one. Your claim to be 100% certain is a little silly.

We'll see.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 07:52 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
However certainty on such an issue, affected as it is by so many variables, is very unrealistic, and, in my view, not possible.

We'll see.

I predicted on April 17, 2013 that a Republican would win in 2016. My prediction was correct.

I predicted on February 9, 2016 that Mr. Trump would win the nomination and be elected president. My prediction was correct.

I predicted on February 14, 2016 that the Republicans will also win the 2020, 2024, 2028, and 2032 presidential elections. Time will tell whether I am right or wrong.


georgeob1 wrote:
Outlawing the Democrat Party would be an illegal violation of our fundamental political principles.

I think that "perpetually abusing the law to persecute people who disagree with them" is wrongdoing serious enough to justify outlawing a political organization.

Obviously it would be challenged in court. And perhaps in the end, the Supreme Court will not allow us to do it. But I think it's worth a try.
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 08:18 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I predicted on April 17, 2013 that a Republican would win in 2016.

For the record:


April 17, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-69#post-5305579
oralloy wrote:
H2O MAN wrote:
The presser Obama just gave was shameful.
What a little cry baby. What a little bitch.
I agree. He sounded like he was going to cry. Mr. Green
And now that he's used up every bit of the political capital that he earned from winning reelection, he's all set to be a do-nothing president for the next four years. The voters will be more than ready to make a change by the time 2016 rolls around.
I hope the Republicans nominate Jeb.

April 18, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/203766-315#post-5306309
oralloy wrote:
Take notes. See what else the President is able to achieve now that he has expended every last bit of his political capital in a futile war against America's gunowners.
He might get immigration reform, but only because the Republicans want it too. He certainly has nothing left to push for anything that the Republicans don't want.
Then see what mood the voters are in when 2016 rolls around, after four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency.

April 19, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/92414-650#post-5307804
oralloy wrote:
You guys need to set up something like the NRA over there in the UK.
We've absolutely shattered Obama's presidency. He's poured 100% of his political capital into trying to defeat us, and now he has nothing left for his second term. He's going to get immigration reform only because Republicans want it too.
By the time 2016 rolls around, we'll have had four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency, and the voters will be all set to put a pro-gun Republican in the White House. Mr. Green

April 20, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/92414-651#post-5307899
oralloy wrote:
Just after a president is elected, he has a bit of political capital that he can use to pressure the other side to do as he desires.
Had Obama used his political capital wisely, he could have pushed something through, environmental legislation limiting carbon pollution for example.
He was very foolish to waste all of his political capital on a futile assault against the might of the NRA.

April 20, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/92414-651#post-5307972
oralloy wrote:
It wouldn't have to be an environmental issue though. Obama had the political capital to achieve "something". What it was, was up to him.
He chose to waste it all in a futile assault against a superior power. Now he'll achieve little with his second term, and then he'll be replaced by a Republican.

April 20, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/212871-2#post-5307952
oralloy wrote:
Obama just blew all of his political capital in this futile assault against the NRA, and now he's got nothing left to do anything at all with his second term. The only reason he's even got a hope of immigration reform is because the Republicans want it more than he does.
And after four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency, the voters are going to put a Republican in the White House in 2016.

April 21, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/131081-57#post-5308517
oralloy wrote:
Our freedom is secure. Obama has not been allowed to violate the Constitution. And all the political capital that he wasted trying to violate our rights, is now not available for him to do anything else. His second term is a wreck, and a Republican will be elected president in 2016.

April 21, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/212871-4#post-5308537
oralloy wrote:
Thanks for the part you played in helping Obama wreck his second term and elect a Republican as president in 2016.

April 21, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/92414-651#post-5308933
oralloy wrote:
And we've just shattered Obama's second term. All that political capital that he might have used to achieve something, has been wasted on a futile assault against our superior strength. And after four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency, look for a Republican to be elected president in 2016.

April 27, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/213355-1#post-5313659
oralloy wrote:
It was kind of a mistake for Obama to waste all his political capital futilely attacking the NRA.
Whatever he might have used that political capital to achieve in his second term, now he will never achieve.
And after an ineffective second term with nothing to show for it, the voters will be more than ready to put the Republicans back in the White House come 2016.

April 27, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/213355-1#post-5313851
oralloy wrote:
The only reason immigration reform has a chance (it's not like Obama has any political capital left to push for anything) is because the Republicans want it too.

April 27, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/213401-1#post-5314213
oralloy wrote:
Not a chance. After Obama's gun control debacle, the Republicans are going to retake the White House in 2016.
Obama just frittered away all of his political capital in a childish assault against the NRA, and now he has nothing left with which to achieve anything in his second term. If he gets immigration reform, it will only be because the Republicans want it even more than he does. By the time 2016 rolls around, the voters will be sick and tired of his do-nothing presidency, and they will be more than ready to change which party controls the White House.

April 28, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-70#post-5314806
oralloy wrote:
The Democrats have already guaranteed that Obama will not achieve anything in his second term, and guaranteed that a Republican will be elected president in 2016.

April 29, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-70#post-5314959
oralloy wrote:
Obama wasted every bit of his political capital in this childish assault against the NRA.
He might get immigration reform, but only because the Republicans want it even more than he does. Other than that, he no longer has any ability to achieve a thing with his second term.
After four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency, the voters are going to be more than ready to switch which party controls the White House in 2016.

April 30, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-71#post-5316280
oralloy wrote:
It'll start to sink in I think when Jeb takes his first oath of office. But the Democrats might not fully realize their blunder until Jeb is reelected.
(At least, I hope the Republicans nominate Jeb. But same thing no matter which Republican it is.)

May 3, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-74#post-5318627
oralloy wrote:
Obama has exhausted his political capital and will now achieve nothing in his second term, leading to a Republican presidential victory in 2016.
oralloy wrote:
speaking of Obama's exhausted political capital, you should hear his press conference this week if you haven't already. He tried to explain to a room of skeptical reporters why he isn't a washed up has-been. He failed.

May 3, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-74#post-5318759
oralloy wrote:
Since the Republicans now have a guaranteed presidential win in 2016, I hope they nominate Jeb. I could go for another 8 years of having a Bush in the White House.

May 3, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-75#post-5318766
oralloy wrote:
It isn't BS that Obama wasted every bit of his political capital in a childish assault against the NRA, and now he has no energy left to do anything with his second term.
The only thing he has even a small chance of achieving is immigration reform, and that is only because the Republicans want it even more than he does.
It isn't BS that after four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency (see above), the voters will be more than ready to switch which party controls the White House.

May 3, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-75#post-5318775
oralloy wrote:
Now that Obama has expended all of his political capital, he's going to be doing a lot more "nothing" over the coming years.
The next time we'll see a president with any ability to achieve something will be when a Republican takes office after the 2016 elections.

May 19, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-87#post-5332225
oralloy wrote:
It doesn't matter much either way. The Democrats can make things worse for themselves by keeping gun control at the forefront, but even if they don't, the damage they've already done to themselves is irreparable.
Obama squandered every bit of his political capital in this futile assault against the NRA, and now he has nothing left to achieve anything with in his second term. We're in for four years of a do-nothing presidency now. The only thing that has even a small chance of getting done is immigration reform, and that is only because there are Republicans who want it even more than Obama does.
And after four years of a do-nothing presidency, the voters are going to be all set to switch which party controls the White House come 2016.

May 19, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/206324-89#post-5332597
oralloy wrote:
He will have little choice but to do nothing, as doing something takes energy, and he exhausted all his energy throwing a silly tantrum against the NRA.
He might get immigration reform since there are also a number of Republicans who really want it, but he won't be able to get anything else passed.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 08:47 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I predicted on February 9, 2016 that Mr. Trump would win the nomination and be elected president.

For the record:


February 9, 2016; 9:51 pm (eastern standard time)
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-2#post-6123095
oralloy wrote:
I like Kasich, but he is not popular enough among conservatives to defeat Trump. Rubio was the only one who could have done so.
Looks like Trump is going to be our next president.
I hope he nominates far-right justices to the Supreme Court when all those liberal justices retire.

February 9, 2016; 10:08 pm (eastern standard time)
http://able2know.org/topic/164543-131#post-6123106
oralloy wrote:
Might as well get used to it. It looks like Mr. Trump really is going to be our next president.

February 9, 2016; 11:32 pm (eastern standard time)
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-2#post-6123152
oralloy wrote:
Chris Christie will go down in history as the man who made Trump president. Rubio was the only one who had enough appeal to both conservatives and moderates to allow him to beat Trump.

February 9, 2016; 11:47 pm (eastern standard time)
http://able2know.org/topic/164543-131#post-6123161
oralloy wrote:
I am 100% confident that the Republican nominee (no matter who it is) will win the election. The 2013 gun control debacle essentially wrecked Mr. Obama's second term, and that wrecked second term will make an easy win for the Republicans.
But yes, I'm just getting used to the idea. I didn't realize until tonight that Trump was going to be the nominee.

February 10, 2016; 12:04 am (eastern standard time)
http://able2know.org/topic/164543-131#post-6123171
oralloy wrote:
I'm not saying that voters will base their votes on the gun issue. I'm saying that Mr. Obama's wrecked second term will be what gives the election to the Republicans.
Mr. Obama wasted all of his second-term political capital attacking the NRA, and as a consequence didn't manage to achieve anything in his second term beyond a few things that the Republicans wanted even more than he did.
Come election day it'll have been a long six years since Mr. Obama's last legislative victory. That's what is going to hand the election to the Republicans on a platter.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 09:07 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I predicted on February 14, 2016 that the Republicans will also win the 2020, 2024, 2028, and 2032 presidential elections.

For the record:


February 14, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-5#post-6125874
oralloy wrote:
Robert Gentel wrote:
I don't think even he would be stupid enough to do the things he says on trade. It would destroy the economy. That is something that would legitimately cause a revolution.
Mr. Trump is setting himself up as someone who is going to do what he says, as opposed to a typical politician who will pander and then change their minds.
I think he really does mean to do what he says.
oralloy wrote:
It's going to be worse for the Democrats than for the Republicans. Trump is going to reshape the Republican Party to fit his views, but I'm upping my electoral predictions now to say that the Republicans are guaranteed to win the next five presidential elections.

February 16, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-8#post-6127252
oralloy wrote:
It'll be Trump. Trump in 2020 as well.
2024, 2028, and 2032 will also see Republicans elected president.

February 16, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-6#post-6127450
oralloy wrote:
I'm basing it on logic, not on wishful thinking. My logic may be wrong. I don't claim infallibility. But it is more than wishful thinking.
oralloy wrote:
Let's compare notes after each of the next five elections. Maybe I'll be wrong. It's happened before. But I've also been right before. We'll see.

February 17, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-9#post-6128045
oralloy wrote:
I'm reminded of Asimov's Foundation trilogy, at the points when the remnant of an old order that is about to be swept away is still acting like they have a future.
Poignant.
Oh well. Let's get on with the future.

February 28, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-6#post-6135133
Oralloy wrote:
I do understand that I could be wrong. The odds are pretty good though that I'm completely right.

March 3, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-10#post-6137980
oralloy wrote:
Hawkeye saw Trump coming long before the first votes were cast.
I didn't see it until the New Hampshire primary results were announced, but have consistently predicted ever since that point that Mr. Trump is going to smash the Democrats so hard that they will be out of the White House for a good 20 years.

March 3, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-10#post-6137982
oralloy wrote:
The right are about to shut the Democrats out of the White House for 20 straight years.
There are some old school Reaganites who don't like how Mr. Trump is going to reshape the Republican Party, but once the Democrats have been electorally obliterated I suspect most conservatives will come around to liking Mr. Trump a lot more.

March 4, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-10#post-6138718
oralloy wrote:
My prediction is not in any way based on psychic ability. What I am doing is like saying "If you drop a baseball off a cliff, it will fall and hit the ground at the bottom." No psychic ability is involved. It's just straightforward logic and reason.

March 6, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/164543-156#post-6139510
oralloy wrote:
It's too late. There was only one shot at defeating Mr. Trump, and that was getting behind Mr. Rubio from New Hampshire on.
All this panic from the establishment at this point is just closing the barn door after the horses have already escaped (is that how the saying goes?), and is just doing pointless damage to the party.
Mr. Trump is going to be our next president, and as such he will have the power to reshape the Republican Party to fit his values. The Right might want to start dealing with that, because it's going to happen whether they like it or not.
It'll be much worse for the Left. They are going to be out of power for a good 20 years.

Aug 2, 2016
https://able2know.org/topic/335782-6#post-6238665
oralloy wrote:
We'll see if I'm right. I actually have two predictions now.
First, that the 2013 gun control debacle will sweep the Republican candidate into office.
And second, that if Trump becomes president, he will reform the Republican Party into something that will dominate for 20 years minimum, with the Democrats only eventually winning again when they start nominating "Trump-lite" candidates (sort of like Bill Clinton won by becoming "Reagan-lite").
If my first prediction fails, my second prediction will never be tested. But both predictions look sound to me so far. I remain confident in both.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 10:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
In my accounting, your actual "track record" of admitting when you are wrong is not very good.

You can't point out any cases where I have refused to acknowledge it when I was shown to be wrong.
And while this is beside the point, I can actually point out a case where you have refused to accept it when I proved you wrong.

For the record, here is one case where I proved you wrong and you refused to accept reality:
http://able2know.org/topic/270807-14#post-5928489
0 Replies
 
FreedomEyeLove
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 04:17 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Leftists are just bad people.


Leftists rationalize things by using care-based morality, as opposed to justice-based morality, which is a much more highly evolved moral frame work.

Leftists simply aren't capable of higher reasoning because they aren't as morally evolved.
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2019 10:22 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
What in your view does "morally evolved" mean? In what way do "leftists" lack such evolvement?

I would guess that most leftists consider themselves to be more highly morally evolved than their skeptics and political opponents, in that they ( "leftists") have adopted the asinine, but currently fashionable, group values so prominent in their political policies. Conservatives are relatively more stuck in the principles of the worth, independence and freedom of individuals. and a preference for limited government - all as expressed in the founding documents of this country.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2019 10:51 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Conservatives are relatively more stuck in the principles of the worth, independence and freedom of individuals. and a preference for limited government - all as expressed in the founding documents of this country.


I don't buy this is true at all..

- Abortion laws give government control over an elective medical procedure.
- Immigration laws give government control over hiring decisions and business practices.
- Anti-Islam sentiments wants to prevent free expression of religion.

To say that conservatives have a "preference for limited" government doesn't at all explain the left/right split in the US. Most conservatives seem to support government involvement in how I have sex, how I worship, and how I speak.



0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Will impeachment proceedings guarantee a 2020 win for president Trump?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/17/2019 at 02:19:15