Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 07:50 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
We are not talking about a case of what they "could" do. We are talking about a case where they actually did something. It seems you prefer to fantasize about what people actually did in NY and Ca rather than sticking to the facts.

There is only one person who is trying to avoid a fact here, and it is you trying to avoid the fact that Democrats have a clear history of tricking people into registering their guns, then turning around and using that registration to confiscate the guns.

And while some people did indeed avoid confiscation by fleeing the jurisdiction where the Democrats were using registration lists to confiscate guns, not everyone did so.

Some of the people who were tricked into registering their guns actually did have them confiscated.
parados

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 07:19 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

Some of the people who were tricked into registering their guns actually did have them confiscated.

Are you talking about the person that made a public announcement that he was violating the law and then had his house raided and guns confiscated? That was hardly a use of a registration list.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:27 am
http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/LFZ_head.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:46 am

Second Amendment Protection Act?

You’re kidding, right? This bill they’re debating in Washington – the bill that calls for mandatory background checks – is called “The Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act.” Don’t you just love the way these hacks in Washington title their bills?
The “Bank Secrecy Act.” Now that sounds like a bill that would protect the secrecy of your bank accounts, right? Hardly. It requires your bank to make a report to the IRS whenever you engage in a cash transaction in excess of $10,000. If you sell a car to a stranger for cash (the only safe way to do this) and deposit the cash into your bank account, you’re reported to the IRS. After all, you must be a drug dealer, right? Secrecy?
Then there’s the “Affordable Care Act.” We know it as 0bamaCare. Has this act made your health care any more affordable?
And now we have the “Public safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act.” The politicians got their heads together and told each other that most Americans wouldn’t get past the title. Whatever the legislation was called, the people would buy. Simple as that. So we’ll say that we’re protecting their Second Amendment rights in the title, and they’ll say “that’s cool” and go about their business. Trouble is, the politicians were right on this one.
Now this requirement for mandatory background checks sounds good to people who put forth no effort to really study the issue. What will the final bill say? Will a father have require a background check of his son before he sells him a handgun?
I don’t have a particular problem with a background check in commercial applications, as long as there exists no permanent government database of who bought what gun where. I know this 0bama though, and I know the minds of Democrats. There is not one gram out doubt in my mind that their true and eventual goal is to ban the private ownership of anything but hunting rifles in this country. While a law “professor” 0bama told a colleague at that Chicago law school that he didn’t believe Americans should be allowed to own guns. Again – and I’ve written about this before – liberals hate people owning guns because it is an ultimate expression of individualism. Never forget that the liberal mantra, as expressed at the Democrat convention, is that we – you and I – all of us – belong to the government. Since you are the property of the government it makes no sense that you would need a gun for your own protection. The government owns you. You belong to the government. It is time for you to accept that it is the government’s responsibility, not yours, to protect you.
Now get out there and go to work. You are government property, and the government needs the revenues you’ll generate today. You can get your work waiver, however, by keeping Democrats in office. So if you really don’t want to work, voting Democrat should help you fulfill your life’s dream.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:51 am
the D's made an error by pushing for universal checks will doing nothing to insure that the nuts turn up hot on those checks other that to appoint a commission....it gives credence to the gun culture claims that what the government is after is the making of lists getting ready for the day when they will come after the guns. Congress would in a heartbeat pass something that dealt with the nuts that did not include list making of gun owners with nearly universal R support.....but no.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 01:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
The alternative explanation is that D's would rather have the fight and the pboto ops with fhe Newton momm than to actualy work to save the babies..I am being extremely charitable here.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 06:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

The alternative explanation is that D's would rather have the fight and the pboto ops with fhe Newton momm than to actualy work to save the babies..I am being extremely charitable here.

sorry but my new Galaxy phone Samsung keyboard keeps crashing when I use it on A2k

Quote:
The alternative explanation is that D's would rather have the fight and the photo ops with the Newton mom's than actually work to save the babies..I am being extremely charitable here (my last post).
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 06:03 am
#NowIsTheTime
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:31 pm
Interestingly, the Boston bombers shot dead a cop at MIT.

Should aliens, especially Muslim aliens, be permitted to buy guns.
BillRM

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:38 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:

The youngest brother was and is a US citizen.
Advocate

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:47 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

The youngest brother was and is a US citizen.

Thanks! But that doesn't answer my question.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 01:22 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Unless there is a specific (and justified) reason why a given individual is a danger to themselves or others, yes.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:49 pm
@oralloy,
If we had background checks on gun purchases we would know if they were a danger.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:52 pm
@RABEL222,
Tell me exactly how background checks will stop gun violence.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:21 pm
@mysteryman,
It will identify people like you who shouldent have weapons.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:36 pm
@RABEL222,
People like me? What is that supposed to mean?

Also, since most criminals are using stolen firearms, how will a background check prevent that?
oralloy

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 11:12 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
People like me? What is that supposed to mean?

He's suggesting that because you have spoken out in defense of civil rights, your civil rights should be violated.

It's the same thing you once suggested be done to me, and for the same reason.

It doesn't matter though. I've won. Our freedom is secure. Obama has not been allowed to violate the Constitution. And all the political capital that he wasted trying to violate our rights, is now not available for him to do anything else. His second term is a wreck, and a Republican will be elected president in 2016.

I don't know if the Democrats will be fool enough to try this sort of crap ever again, but if they do and I'm still alive then, I'll help the NRA defeat them all over again.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 09:26 am
@mysteryman,
Speeding laws stop all speeders dont they. O no, it only stops a significant portion of them. No law is perfect but they help to keep lawlessness down. People who are looking for a reason to kill is what I meant.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 10:09 am
@RABEL222,
And you assume that I am one of those people?
How did you come to that conclusion?
RABEL222

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 06:48 pm
@mysteryman,
By reading your posts.