Will impeachment proceedings guarantee a 2020 win for president Trump?

ghenderson

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 11:07 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Trump is going to be reelected no matter what the Democrats do.

That's certainly what it looks like. Dem contenders so far are a chain of fools, none of them could get elected to anything anywhere in the US other than NY, Ca., or Illinois.
0 Replies

ghenderson

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 11:09 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
I just don't understand how these people can live with themselves. What happened to the party of JFK?

Gone with the wind. John Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey, FDR, and even an outright communist like Henry Wallace would all be Republicans in todays world.I don't picture any of them being able to deal with todays democrat party.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 10:16 pm
@georgeob1,
Hi.

Quote:
What in your view does "morally evolved" mean? In what way do "leftists" lack such evolvement?

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is a very long one. I would like to explain, but I simply don't have the time to properly go into detail. I will do my best to very briefly condense this, but I would urge you to follow through with a bit of research on your own to get a better understanding.

Leftists rationalize things using care-based morality. Conservatives rationalize using justice-based morality.

Care based morality is more of a myopic lens to view actions and consequences. Sort of a "this feels right in the moment" sort of a thing. Justice based morality is more about the big picture and a sense of fairness.

Leftists are more concerned with pleasing people in the moment, but fail to see the wider repercussions of their actions.

I would suggest you read about psychologists Carol Gilligan and Lawrence Kohlberg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg%27s_stages_of_moral_development

Kohlberg's findings also showed that most women are incapable of developing past stage 3 or 4 in the theory of moral development.

Level 1 (Pre-Conventional)
1. Obedience and punishment orientation
(How can I avoid punishment?)

2. Self-interest orientation
(What's in it for me?)
(Paying for a benefit)
Level 2 (Conventional)

3. Interpersonal accord and conformity
(Social norms)
(The good boy/girl attitude)

4. Authority and social-order maintaining orientation
(Law and order morality)
Level 3 (Post-Conventional)

5. Social contract orientation

6. Universal ethical principles
(Principled conscience)

Women tend to be natural leftists and the similarities in moral development are impossible to deny. Shortsightedness, an inability to see the bigger picture, an emphasis on well being as opposed to fairness, etc.

One of the big problems tends to be that there are more leftists than people on the right. Naturally in any society, because of the law of averages, you tend to wind up with more losers than winners. But then these people who are a majority form what are essentially mobs to inflict their will upon everyone else. As a result, the bigger picture and larger societal problems are either overlooked or pushed to the wayside in favor of what 'feels good' morally.
maxdancona

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 10:54 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I think you completely misunderstand Kohlberg.

Anyway moral development closely correlates with education level.... which suggests that liberals have a higher level of moral development than conservatives.

Your posts seem to be consistently on a level 3 (conformity) and sometimes 4 (social order).

People in level 5 accept moral relativity.
FreedomEyeLove

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 11:07 pm
@maxdancona,
You are completely wrong, but it's pointless to argue with you.

This is a very large subject, and I already worked a full day at my job. I'm not going to waste my time to further explain moral development to someone incapable of understanding it. I have better things to do with my time.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 15 Jun, 2019 01:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Anyway moral development closely correlates with education level.... which suggests that liberals have a higher level of moral development than conservatives.

That's a rather sweeping and remarkable assertion for which I can readily cite numerous counterexamples.

Do you have any basis for this assertion or any statistics on such a correlation?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sat 15 Jun, 2019 02:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Anyway moral development closely correlates with education level...

Where do you come up with this sort of nonsense?

Prisons are filled with plenty of college graduates. Some are even PhDs! There'd likely be many more except for the fact (and yes max, it is a fact), that so many educated criminal types are wealthy and buy top of the line legal defense teams.

This in no way indicates the less educated are of lower standing morally. Many times they do not have the funds to hire a lawyer and are saddled with an inept public defender. One who does not seek and gain basic information which might exonerate their client.

A lesser educated person, one who had to take a lower paying job and was unable to afford college, stands a far greater chance of being convicted even when innocent. Look at the number of overturned convictions of lesser educated and lower incomed people. Usually, to make it even more sad and tragic, they are minorities. (note the 5 young men known as "The Central Park Five" who were incarcerated for more than a decade)

Moral development is more connected to the standards and values of the parent(s) and/or guardian(s). Trump's children and many more (including several of his staff) are quite well educated; but, sorely lacking in and of morals.

0 Replies