Was Jesus born with Original Sin?

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 05:16 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Only Jesus was born without sin.

RSV, Hebrews 5: 7-10; In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was 'A' Son, he learned obedience through what he suffered; 9 and being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchiz′edek.

How was the imperfect Jesus made perfect?

All have sinned and all must die once.

The only reason for this ORIGINAL SIN nonsense is the teaching of the Church for which you so often show contempt, scorn, and hatred.

And that same church teaches that ONLY Mary, the Mother of Jesus, was born without sin.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ok Frank. I understand your point. Obviously people have different opinions of what the Bible says.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:34 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Ok Frank. I understand your point. Obviously people have different opinions of what the Bible says.

Thank you, Neal...although I was NOT talking about what the Bible says.

I was talking about what the Church (meaning the Roman Catholic Church) teaches. I was not saying the teachings are correct or incorrect...merely stating what the teachings are.

And the Catholic Church teaches that ONLY Mary, the mother of Jesus, was born without Original Sin. The Catholic Church teaches that Mary IS the Immaculate Conception.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sure. However reformers such as Martin Luther disagreed with some crucial doctrines of the Church.
Indeed, there are people on this post who may think of themselves as "new Christian reformers" (or believers of doctrines that Paul fought such as Gnostics)
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 09:49 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Sure. However reformers such as Martin Luther disagreed with some crucial doctrines of the Church.
Indeed, there are people on this post who may think of themselves as "new Christian reformers" (or believers of doctrines that Paul fought such as Gnostics)

Okay...I get that. Personally I think ALL of the teachings of the Catholic Church are "wrong" insofar as they arise as the result of a supposition that a GOD exists...and that the GOD has the traits attributed to it by the Old Testament.

Could be they are right.

If they are...live it up. Have as much fun as possible...and screw all the rules. BECAUSE NO ONE WILL EVER LIVE UP TO THE STANDARDS SET BY THE GOD BEING DESCRIBED.

NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 11:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Both Catholics and Protestants believe that Jesus did.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2021 11:36 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Both Catholics and Protestants believe that Jesus did.

Stop with the "believe" nonsense.

My statement was that THE CHURCH TEACHES that Mary, was conceived and born, without Original Sin.

That has nothing to do with what you or anyone else "believes"...or more accurately, blindly guesses.

The Church teaches that Mary was conceived and born without Original Sin.

The Church does not teach that Jesus was.

There are elements of the Church that teach that John, the Baptist, was born without Original Sin...but that he was conceived with it.

All of that stuff sounds like a bunch of bullshit...but if you cannot see it for what it is, go with your blind guess.
NealNealNeal

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 09:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am saying that Jesus fulfilled all of the "demands" of the Father.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 11:10 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

I am saying that Jesus fulfilled all of the "demands" of the Father.

Okay...and you are free to do that.

BUT WE WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE "DEMANDS" OF THE FATHER...OR ABOUT WHETHER JESUS "FULFILLED" THEM OR NOT.

We were talking about the church's teachings as regards who was born without Original Sin.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2021 01:44 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Jesus was not born with Original Sin. He had no biological father.

If you are correct, then Jesus would have been biologically and genetically female all of his life, just as in all parthenogenetic births.

Regards
DL

LOL
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2021 01:55 pm
@livinglava,
What do you REALLY think/believe? Do you actually believe there is a God and He is evil, or are you just an atheist playing games with believers because you hate us?

Quote:
I think the very idea of the christian god is beyond silly and stupid and I also enjoy pointing out that if such a god would somehow exist he would be a very evil god in human terms.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2021 02:51 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

he would be a very evil god in human terms.

Is the above a true statement?

Is genocidal a good or evil trait in people like Hitler, or in Gods like Yahweh/Jesus?

Some moral cowards run from that simple question.

You should see the deflections or silence.

Regards
DL
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2021 03:44 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Is genocidal a good or evil trait in people like Hitler, or in Gods like Yahweh/Jesus?

Regards
DL

LOL the great flood alone if real would had been a far greatest killings of humans then all the evil men and their wars produce an yet that bible story is given to us as a fine story of god actions.

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2021 06:24 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

If you are correct, then Jesus would have been biologically and genetically female all of his life, just as in all parthenogenetic births.

Regards

LOL
This is where blind faith is involved. Only God can explain it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2021 04:23 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Regards
DL

LOL the great flood alone if real would had been a far greatest killings of humans then all the evil men and their wars produce an yet that bible story is given to us as a fine story of god actions.

The god's means of handling "let my people go" with the Egyptians shows a really decent god, wouldn't ya say?

The god decided to kill every "first born." That would have included babies, toddlers, and some grown-ups who were first born. In some families, that would have included all the males alive.

Nice, right? A real sweetheart.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2021 04:26 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

NealNealNeal wrote:

Regards

LOL
This is where blind faith is involved. Only God can explain it.

Yup.

First, blindly guess that there is a god...then blindly guess that the god is described in the Bible...then have "blind faith" that the god can explain why it goes on slaughter sprees every once in a while.

The "belief" that there is a god...is truly just a blind guess.

But the "faith" is not blind. "Faith" is merely insisting that the blind guess absolutely is correct, even though it is nothing but a blind guess.
0 Replies

hester831

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2021 11:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Have you read the Scriptures? It was Pharaoh of Egypt who FIRST slain the firstborn males of the Hebrews. Whatsoever ye do unto others...

God requires NO JUSTIFICATION. All souls belong to him and he calls them back to him when HE WILLS. One day we will each have to render an account of our lives.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2021 05:05 am
@hester831,
hester831 wrote:

Have you read the Scriptures? It was Pharaoh of Egypt who FIRST slain the firstborn males of the Hebrews. Whatsoever ye do unto others...

And the Pharaoh, also plagued the Hebrews with frogs and locust and all that other crap?

C'mon. You "worship" a god who emulates a Pharaoh???

You worship Jesus who worshiped a god who emulates a Pharaoh?

Wake up.

Quote:
God requires NO JUSTIFICATION. All souls belong to him and he calls them back to him when HE WILLS. One day we will each have to render an account of our lives.

That is an interesting blind guess. Others blindly guess the exact opposite. I wonder which blind guess is closer to the reality?
hester831

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2021 06:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Again people here on putting WORDS INTO MY MOUTH. No one ever said what you say, so it just goes to prove you have to come up with ridiculous, horrible blasphemies to justify your hatred of God and man. This is the REALITY of what you're doing and it hurts to hear it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2021 04:58 am
@hester831,
hester831 wrote:

Again people here on putting WORDS INTO MY MOUTH. No one ever said what you say, so it just goes to prove you have to come up with ridiculous, horrible blasphemies to justify your hatred of God and man. This is the REALITY of what you're doing and it hurts to hear it.

I am most assuredly not putting words into your mouth...so do me the same favor and not write any into mine.

You mentioned that Pharaoh FIRST killed the first born of the Hebrews...apparently as justification of your god killing the first born of the Egyptians.

Piss poor explanation on your part...but if you were correct, it WAS an example of your god doing what Pharaoh did.

And you made one of your many blind guesses about what the reality of existence is like...to which I wondered if you were closer to the truth than people who make blind guesses in the opposite direction.

I am not putting words into your mouth. I am commenting on the value of some of what you write.

I do not hate your god any more than I hate the Easter Bunny. Get over that crap.