4
   

Was Adam supposed to sin in God's great plan?

 
 
Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 03:02 pm
Was Adam supposed to sin in God's great plan?

Thanks.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,451 • Replies: 13
No top replies

 
NealNealNeal
 
  1  
Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2021 04:18 pm
@Greatest I am,
Good question.
God knew that Adam would sin. The Trinity came up with a plan for the Son to have a "holy people" as His "bride".
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 06:14 am
Put a naïve youngster in a room filled with toys and tell him/her "You can play with any toy in this room except this one"...

...and the only toy the kid will think about while in that room is the one excepted toy. Nothing will stop the kid from picking that toy to play with.

The story of Adam and Eve is a joke...and not an especially funny one.
hester831
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2021 11:38 pm
@Greatest I am,
No, our first parents Adam and Eve were created to live forever without death and hence without sin. God, knowing all things, that even when he chose to make Adam, he breathed his spirit or wind into the man, knew that Adam would sin, since God knows all things. It is precisely through this sin that mankind may come to know God's perfect goodness more completely.

Sure, the human body is good, but there is something even more magnificent about birth defects, deformities, many limbs, conjoined twins, etc. Why do I say so? Is God not capable of creating all things good? The body is flesh and must pass away, but God's Word will not pass away.

What does modern society say? To abort autistic children, to kill those babies with "genetic defects" and so on. God says, let the children come to me. He says, MERCY: now is the time for mercy for the forgiveness of sins, since sin causes all suffering. It doesn't matter if it had been me or you or Adam; we would have made the same choice as fallen creatures. Only the perfect God-man Jesus Christ had no sin. This is why he is called Son of God since he had no human father. He entered into our humanity through his Holy Mother Mary, Mother of God, and mother of us all, who was conceived free from the stain of sin. Therefore the blood in Jesus body is the same blood in Mary's body.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2022 11:46 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Good question.
God knew that Adam would sin. The Trinity came up with a plan for the Son to have a "holy people" as His "bride".



A holy bunch of sinners would go well with a God that sins'

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  2  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2022 11:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Put a naïve youngster in a room filled with toys and tell him/her "You can play with any toy in this room except this one"...

...and the only toy the kid will think about while in that room is the one excepted toy. Nothing will stop the kid from picking that toy to play with.

The story of Adam and Eve is a joke...and not an especially funny one.


It would be a joke, if Christians did not use it to enforce their misogyny and homophobia.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2022 11:48 am
@hester831,
hester831 wrote:

No, our first parents Adam and Eve were created to live forever without death and hence without sin.



I disagree.

You seem to think that sin screwed up God's plan, all while Christians sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan.

Is sin necessary to God's plan or not?

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2022 11:57 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Put a naïve youngster in a room filled with toys and tell him/her "You can play with any toy in this room except this one"...

...and the only toy the kid will think about while in that room is the one excepted toy. Nothing will stop the kid from picking that toy to play with.

The story of Adam and Eve is a joke...and not an especially funny one.


It would be a joke, if Christians did not use it to enforce their misogyny and homophobia.


Regards
DL



Exactly.

My use of "joke" on the story without that qualification is wrong.
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  0  
Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2022 04:38 am
@hester831,
This is a misunderstanding about omniscience.

Omniscience sees all paths, yet allows choices. We do have free will.

But the choices here were a bit rigged.

First of all, Adam is made in God's image. Do you know what that means? It means that God effectively poured out the entirety of his Holy Spirit to make Adam. Adam is God, though it is more safe to say he is also not God but rather has God in him. He is God dwelling within clay, a hum-man ( "clay/soil" man). A human. Initially, Adam is a shemale or rather a two-sided human, but God splits a side ("rib" is a terrible mistranslation, rib refers to the side of a temple which goes left and right) and makes male and female. God also splits himself, light and dark, male and female, Yin and Yang. So God from the start is within a human who does not know he and she is God. He only knows God as a being apart from himself and yet somehow very familiar. So, secretly Adam will act according to plan, even though he thinks he is disobedient here.

God makes Eve as Adam's other half, and like Adam, she is God. Adam is obedient, while Eve decides using her mind what is best. Yet Adam also obeys his wife (God later turns this paradigm around, making Jewish society very patriarchal). God further stacks the situation by making the snake (as a created being, apart from human life, it is more like a symbol than the natural animal we think of today, in this case of wisdom and a mother's protective instinct; in fact some paintings give the snake Eve's face, implying that the snake was really her deciding and she blamed it on something else) tempt her and her husband.

There's also the fact that this Tree is at the center of the Garden. I want you to think of a curved wall. If you were to walk along it, you would never reach the end, and more importantly, you would have to hit the tree going in any direction. You would constantly see it, wherever you travel. It's also filled with fruit that can be reached not by a climb but branches well within reach. It's not guarded by anything either.

Assuming they did obey his command, he would probably have turned them back into dirt, because they were stupid. It is obvious that this is rigged, so either you disobey God here, or you disobey by not getting set up.
0 Replies
 
FredBquick
 
  0  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2023 04:10 pm
God was with a plan all along, for if the first people would not sin but stay faithful to God as they were to start with, and for if they used their free will to turn from God for what they could see being in their better interest, even though that could not be right. God was never surprised and having to pick up all the pieces, the plan would go forward for either case, and, it would have been much better, with no choosing what is sin, and the curse with it that grows with more sin.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2023 05:57 am
@FredBquick,
FredBquick wrote:

God was with a plan all along, for if the first people would not sin but stay faithful to God as they were to start with, and for if they used their free will to turn from God for what they could see being in their better interest, even though that could not be right. God was never surprised and having to pick up all the pieces, the plan would go forward for either case, and, it would have been much better, with no choosing what is sin, and the curse with it that grows with more sin.


"Sin" is bullshit, Fred.

Sin is nothing more than something a human does that supposedly offends the human's god.

The problem is not that humans offend their gods so often, but rather that their gods are so easily offended.

FredBquick
 
  1  
Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2024 04:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
How do you know, Frank? It would presume that you can distinguish God from reality and what you think is real has no sense of justice, and we just then have our abstract artificial constructions that are dictated among us for that. There was the answer to whether Adam was supposed to sin, the title to the thread, and that was no.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2024 06:32 am
@FredBquick,
FredBquick wrote:

How do you know, Frank? It would presume that you can distinguish God from reality and what you think is real has no sense of justice, and we just then have our abstract artificial constructions that are dictated among us for that. There was the answer to whether Adam was supposed to sin, the title to the thread, and that was no.


I said "Sin is nothing more than something a human does that supposedly offends the human's god."

If you disagree...

...name any "sin" that does not offend your god?

And or, name anything that offends your god that is not a sin?
0 Replies
 
hightor
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2024 08:05 am
@FredBquick,
Quote:
There was the answer to whether Adam was supposed to sin, the title to the thread, and that was no.

How do you know that?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Was Adam supposed to sin in God's great plan?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 02:31:29