0

God given rights. Do you really have any?

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:07 am

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

When a right is given to us by governments, they assume and have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. If governments do not accept and do this enforcement duty, then citizens have a corrupted government.

If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us. The fact that they often are, indicates that he is shirking his duty.

To me, rights are like laws, completely useless and worthless unless they can be enforced by a given power when they are breached.

Do you have any real god given rights, or are god given rights just a feel-good lie that we tell ourselves we have so as to ignore that we have none?

Regards
DL

0  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:50 am
@Greatest I am,
If there is a God, then He has the ability to give rights. What is the point of being divine if you can't bestow rights on your subjects?

God doesn't need to enforce them. He defines them; it is part of defining the difference between Good and Evil. It is up to humans to decide whether to follow or not.

mark noble

1  
Reply Tue 19 May, 2020 12:44 pm
@Greatest I am,
You have NO rights, other than those assumed or imposed.
Do as thou wilt (Crowley) - Also demonised.
Yes - He tried to invoke the most prevalent demonic forces - BUT, Only to banish them into oblivion.
A story less told.

Have a Lovely Day
papag

-1  
Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 04:47 am
@Greatest I am,
When God created humans He gave them something animals don't have, freewill. Our God given rights is that we can make choices. We can abuse it by making bad choices or we can enjoy it by making wise choices.
Greatest I am

1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 01:31 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Good and evil are moral judgements, not a right of any kind.

What makes you think Yahweh has any abilities at all? He is absentee so how can you know?

Rights, without enforcement, are non-existing.

What right do you see Yahweh defining?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 01:34 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

A story less told.

Have a Lovely Day

No oblivion.

Our vile mainstream religions still exist.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 01:35 pm
@papag,
papag wrote:

Wise to who? Ourselves or a genocidal and infanticidal Yahweh?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

-1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 01:37 pm
@papag,
papag wrote:

What are your thoughts on a stupid Yahweh who, created Adam without a mate, and seemed to have though of Eve as an afterthought.

That was really dumb. Right?

Regards
DL

1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 05:07 pm
@Greatest I am,
I'm not interested I am not interested in playing word games. I was speaking specifically about moral judgments not about a law to be enforced.

Any absolute moral standard requires a deity. Yahweh will do just fine in that respect.

hightor

1  
Reply Thu 6 May, 2021 04:14 am
@Greatest I am,
Do you really have any?

No.
We hold these truths to be self-evident...

This is just a rationalization for political violence.
If a right is given to a soul, by god, he would have a duty to ensure that they are never taken from us.

God doesn't have any "duties". Duty presumes a moral law more powerful than the god which compels the god to do things? — I don't think so.

They're arbitrary codifications that can be withdrawn or reinterpreted at any time.

We have real god given rights but, as with gods, they only exist within our minds. In real life people will do as they wish and authorities will respond as they wish. "Rights" don't really exist beyond the practical sense of temporary freedoms that may be exercised or withdrawn.

Rusty Cohle wrote:
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.