Was Jesus born with Original Sin?

NealNealNeal

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 09:48 pm
@Greatest I am,
Jesus was not born with Original Sin. He had no biological father.
livinglava

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 09:11 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

How is any condemnation unjust? Aren't we all sinners? Don't we all deserve to be condemned for sin?

Not only do you want to deny forgiveness/salvation, you want to deny that your sins earn you condemnation to begin with?

Talk about the grand lie of ego: "I'm perfect and I don't owe humility to God or Jesus or anyone for letting me off the hook for my egotistical/lying pride and all the rest of the sin that I'm guilty of.
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 10:15 am
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

On Jesus dying for you.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for you, after condemning you unjustly in the first place.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

How is any condemnation unjust? Aren't we all sinners? Don't we all deserve to be condemned for sin?

Not only do you want to deny forgiveness/salvation, you want to deny that your sins earn you condemnation to begin with?

Talk about the grand lie of ego: "I'm perfect and I don't owe humility to God or Jesus or anyone for letting me off the hook for my egotistical/lying pride and all the rest of the sin that I'm guilty of.

By the way how are we defining sin in this thread?

Is it some offense to the laws an the desires of some completely imagine god that priests had dream up?

Is it actions that result in unneeded harms to the rest of mankind?

Footnote to me the worst sinner is the Christian god of the old testament.
as what an evil god in human terms that the priesthood had dream up.
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 10:19 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

LOL ..............Was not the holy ghost his father? Too bad we do not have his DNA an what results do you believers think that a standard drug store dna test would product?
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 10:28 am
@BillRM,
Yes The "DNA" of the Holy Spirit is ........HOLYINESS 🎏🌞🌞🌞
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 10:36 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

By the way how are we defining sin in this thread?

Is it some offense to the laws an the desires of some completely imagine god that priests had dream up?

Is it actions that result in unneeded harms to the rest of mankind?

Footnote to me the worst sinner is the Christian god of the old testament.
as what an evil god in human terms that the priesthood had dream up.

The only way you're ever going to understand sin is if you start studying how sin causes harm. Harm is objectively caused. Death and destruction are the culmination of all the forms of harm that cause them.

Now do you understand what 'harm' means, or do you think that is defined as some kind of arbitrary offense?
NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 01:20 pm
@livinglava,
Sin is missing the mark (of God's perfection)
livinglava

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 01:49 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Sin is missing the mark (of God's perfection)

God is only 'perfect' in the sense that He forgives sin, which is inherent in the creation.

In the story of Noah, for example, He first notes how evil humans had become:
Quote:
5The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

Then He destroys them with the flood:
Quote:

6The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

7So the LORD said, "I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created--and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground--for I regret that I have made them."

So God regrets creating humans, even though they are in His image, because He sees how evil they became.

Then He explains that there is accounting for sin:
Quote:

5And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6"Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.

But finally He also notes there will be forgiveness for sin, because He accepts that humans are sinful by their nature,
Quote:

21The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

So this story shows that God regrets His creation of humans because of our evil tendencies, and He flooded the Earth to destroy them; but then He decided not to do it again because He realized that is just our nature, but there is accounting where we pay for our sins instead of being destroyed altogether.

So you could say all this adds up to a form of ultimate perfection, but within the 'perfection,' there is sin and the impulse to destroy sinners.
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 02:09 pm
@livinglava,
The so call flood is a fine fine example of how damn evil this god is in term of humans morals.

How can anyone dream of worshiping a being that would cheerfully drown the overwhelming majority of the human race including infants in their mothers arms.

Off hand I can nor think of anything in the Christian bible that the so call devil did that come anywhere near to that level of evilness.
livinglava

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 02:16 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The so call flood is a fine fine example of how damn evil this god is in term of humans morals.

How can anyone dream of worshiping a being that would cheerfully drown the overwhelming majority of the human race including infants in their mothers arms.

Off hand I can nor think of anything in the Christian bible that the so call devil did that come anywhere near to that level of evilness.

You seem to think of God as making an arbitrary decision to cause natural disasters like storms and floods.

Don't you understand that the way God causes storms as floods has to do with the laws of physics and not some arbitrary decision to make huge amounts of rain fall without any mechanical causation?

Humans ruin the Earth by sinning. They destroy the creation as it was set up to sustain them. Humans evolved in tandem with all the natural ecological systems that provided us with food and other resources to live.

All we have to do is not deplete/destroy ourselves and the resources that sustain us; but when we do we cause our own destruction. It can come in the form of flood, fire, plague, war, famine, etc.

You call God evil for allowing us to reap the consequences of our own actions, but that is just how nature works mechanically. You can't run full speed into a wall and not injure yourself in proportion to your speed of running.
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 05:35 pm
@livinglava,
In the bible the evil god is given full repeat full credit for the great flood as he was annoyed at us for some reason or other an the flood was not shown to be a natural event but an event driven by the whim and the will of this evil god.
livinglava

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 06:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

In the bible the evil god is given full repeat full credit for the great flood as he was annoyed at us for some reason or other an the flood was not shown to be a natural event but an event driven by the whim and the will of this evil god.

There is no difference between a natural event and an act of God. They are one and the same.

God is the author of nature. Things that happen naturally are attributed to divine authorship. That is what theology is.
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:49 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

BillRM wrote:

There is no difference between a natural event and an act of God. They are one and the same.

God is the author of nature. Things that happen naturally are attributed to divine authorship. That is what theology is.

Let me get this straight it is god will when ever there is a flood or any weather event of any kind as he is directly response for the running of the universe down to the smallest details an it is control at his whim? In fact there is no real natural laws at all only the appears of such laws due to him rarely changing his mind at how the universe should work.

The weather bureau should throw away their computers and computers models and then hired priests that are in good with god to find out if it going to rain tomorrow.

Interesting and breath taking concept as most people was assuming that he just step in from time to times and overrule some nature law or other not that there is no such thing as a natural law.

Let see the only reason the earth is rotating is due to god whim an therefore there was no problem for him to stop that rotation as it stated happen in the bible.
ekename

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:53 pm
@livinglava,
Any chance of you making a separate thread devoted to Noah and the flood?
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:46 am
@ekename,
ekename wrote:

Any chance of you making a separate thread devoted to Noah and the flood?

To me it is interesting that the aspect of god drowning almost the total percent of all lives on earth including humans lives never seems to be address in all the stories and films dealing with the flood.

No mass drownings with mothers and fathers trying to save their children are shown just the Ark peacefully floating away after all the pairs of animals had been loaded onto the ship.

Amazing how most of us accept this story without thinking of all the dead humans and animals that it imply.

footnote that an all powerful god could had just blink out of existence the humans who had annoy him without killing the majority of life on earth or without putting children through drowning unless he happen to get off by causing pain to living creatures of all kinds.

Once more the bible god is an evil god.

livinglava

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 07:59 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

livinglava wrote:

Let me get this straight it is god will when ever there is a flood or any weather event of any kind as he is directly response for the running of the universe down to the smallest details an it is control at his whim? In fact there is no real natural laws at all only the appears of such laws due to him rarely changing his mind at how the universe should work.

Think of it like the CEO of a corporation making rules that cannot be broken, defied, or otherwise. The law of gravity, for example, has no possibility of defiance. You cannot petition for exemption from it or contest a ruling, ask for judicial review, or appeal it.

With a storm/flood, no one can argue against the mechanical forces of nature that cause the flood. What humans can do is learn about what causes evaporation and condensation and interact with causal mechanics at that level. So, for example, if you know more heat rises off a desert than a forest, and you know that heat causes evaporation; and you understand that evaporated water is going to fall back down and potentially cause flooding, then you have a choice about whether to allow forests to flourish and spread or whether to decimate them and cause them to dry up.

But to answer your question about God choosing how to run the universe, no I don't think it works that way. I think the way it works is that God doesn't have to intervene in physical laws to do anything. E.g. if you are not looking where you are going and you trip and fall, you might fall in a way that causes you serious injury or just a little pain and no lasting injury. Either way, nothing changed about the laws of physics. It's just that there is so much complexity in all the interacting factors of nature that many subtleties combine to produce a wide variety of possible outcomes within the spectrum of a single moment of determinism.

So, for example, you could look where you're going and avoid tripping, or you could trip and fall and break your leg because of the geometry of your fall, or you could fall in another way where the impact of your fall gets spread out over your body and you get hurt but without a scratch. No physical laws/forces need to change for all those different outcomes to be possible and thus result in a miracle or tragedy, depending on how you look at it.

Nothing that happens occurs independently of natural forces/mechanics, so God's will is never absent. Human actions, however, do feed into the system and, as a result, we have the ability to influence the spectrum of possible outcomes in various ways, over different time-spans, etc.

Quote:
The weather bureau should throw away their computers and computers models and then hired priests that are in good with god to find out if it going to rain tomorrow.

You're assuming that the weather bureau isn't a sort of modern church. You are assuming distinctions between religion and other culture that are made up. There are many subtle differences throughout different forms of culture, but there is nothing preventing humans from worshiping things like science, atheism, modernism, etc. with the same fervor that they worshiped religion a few generations back. Humans do not change that much from generation to generation, even though they inflate superficial differences in their minds for the sake of feeling like they have achieved transcendence of things they want to escape, e.g. religion/ignorance/emotionalism/superstition/etc.

Quote:
Interesting and breath taking concept as most people was assuming that he just step in from time to times and overrule some nature law or other not that there is no such thing as a natural law.

There is natural law but it's false logic to imagine God as separate from it.

Hawking was fond of asking whether God could create a rock too heavy for God to move. He was playing with the logical impossibility of omnipotence. It was just an experiment in human imagination, though. In reality, omnipotence/omniscience is what allows humans to ask whether God can create a rock too heavy for Him to move and simultaneously understand that it's a paradox.

Quote:
Let see the only reason the earth is rotating is due to god whim an therefore there was no problem for him to stop that rotation as it stated happen in the bible.

What makes you think God would have 'whims?'

Earth rotates due to momentum. Momentum can change, but it changes due to interaction with conflicting momentum, e.g. friction. So could the Earth encounter some counter-rotational momentum or friction that causes it to stop rotating? Sure, the sun is supposed to expand into a red giant at some point and envelop the Earth, at which time it will stop rotating, at least in the sense we understand it to rotate. Of course the momentum of all its moving parts will continue in some form, i.e. because momentum is conserved.

Why would God need to alter physical laws and/or suspend them to accomplish things? Every miracle or other event we experience as divine intervention is scripted into the deterministic timeline of the universe. It may appear to us to deviate from natural causation, but upon closer inspection, does it ever?
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 08:05 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

footnote that an all powerful god could had just blink out of existence the humans who had annoy him without killing the majority of life on earth or without putting children through drowning unless he happen to get off by causing pain to living creatures of all kinds.

What if the people who drowned were enslaving their children with loveless terror that goes beyond any form of loving parental discipline? What if they were all completely subjugated to forces of evil that were keeping them alive for no other reason that to torture them for the sake of sadistic entertainment pleasure?

What if people were tempted to go out and start mass-killing/euthanasia to end the suffering, but before they started the horrific genocide, a great storm happened and caused natural flooding that caused people to drown before murdering each other.

In that case, would you call the flood a curse or a blessing in disguise?

Quote:

Neither the possibility of evil nor the ability to recognize it would exist except as part of God's will, so the only question is whether the mere existence of evil is sufficient to deem the creator evil, or whether it is possible for evil to exist alongside good in a universe whose creator is ultimately good and not evil.
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 02:58 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

BillRM wrote:

What if the people who drowned were enslaving their children with loveless terror that goes beyond any form of loving parental discipline? What if they were all completely subjugated to forces of evil that were keeping them alive for no other reason that to torture them for the sake of sadistic entertainment pleasure?

What if people were tempted to go out and start mass-killing/euthanasia to end the suffering, but before they started the horrific genocide, a great storm happened and caused natural flooding that caused people to drown before murdering each other.

Quote:

Neither the possibility of evil nor the ability to recognize it would exist except as part of God's will, so the only question is whether the mere existence of evil is sufficient to deem the creator evil, or whether it is possible for evil to exist alongside good in a universe whose creator is ultimately good and not evil.

LOL so parents harming their children are reasons enough for god to put the children to death is a very cruel and unneeded manner by drowning?

The concept of evilness is hardly needed to be tie into the idea of some god or other even those the god of the old testament bible is a good example of evilness.

livinglava

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 04:37 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

LOL so parents harming their children are reasons enough for god to put the children to death is a very cruel and unneeded manner by drowning?
[/quote]
Why do you keep twisting what I say by selectively reducing it and adding your own little twist to make divine action seem like a subjective decisions?
Quote:

The concept of evilness is hardly needed to be tie into the idea of some god or other even those the god of the old testament bible is a good example of evilness.

I don't think you believe in anything beyond relativism. So all you're doing here is trying to appropriate the concept of 'evilness' in a certain context to make an argument and win.

In other words, I don't think you believe what you are saying. You're just saying it to try to convince me in order to feel like you have a powerful mind and ability to convince others.

What do you REALLY think/believe? Do you actually believe there is a God and He is evil, or are you just an atheist playing games with believers because you hate us?

[/quote]
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 7 May, 2020 09:53 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

If you are correct, then Jesus would have been biologically and genetically female all of his life, just as in all parthenogenetic births.

Regards
DL