God is Love, seems to be setting a low bar for Love? Right?

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 03:05 pm
God is Love, seems to be setting a low bar for Love? Right?

Should, Yahweh is Love, be read as, Yahweh is Hate?

God is as dualistic as the universe is.

Yin and Yang compliment each other but one side is perceived as dominant in our subjective views.

Most Christians think Yahweh to be good, but many in both the believer and non-believer camps disagree.

Reality also disagrees.

I see more hate in Yahweh than love.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2020 06:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
God haters tend to be racists left wingers who play the banjo on their front porch.

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2020 11:11 am
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

God haters tend to be racists left wingers who play the banjo on their front porch.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsC4kf6x_Q0[/youtube]

You seem to just repeat the same ****.

Try the political section. All you are doing is bringing shame to your religion.

It deserves it, and you are a good example of one who should feel that shame, but I do not need your help to discredit your vile religion.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2020 08:31 am
@Greatest I am,
God is EVERYTHING, Dl.
Bar-Set.

Stop trying to persuade people Your ideals are ALL-encompassing - They are Not.

They are unfounded, relative & LIMITED by your restrictive mindset.
You are NOT the messiah, the saviour or the antichrist.

Your IQ is 110-120 (Very average), quite low, in fact.
Stop behaving like a messenger (hermes/mercury) - angel - Spread your wings... Or Not...

Have a Lovely day
Greatest I am

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 11:56 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

God is EVERYTHING, Dl.
Bar-Set.

Stop trying to persuade people Your ideals are ALL-encompassing - They are Not.

They are unfounded, relative & LIMITED by your restrictive mindset.
You are NOT the messiah, the saviour or the antichrist.

Your IQ is 110-120 (Very average), quite low, in fact.
Stop behaving like a messenger (hermes/mercury) - angel - Spread your wings... Or Not...

Have a Lovely day

Be you a fellow Gnostic Christian or not, **** you.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2020 10:32 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am said
Quote:
"God is Love, seems to be setting a low bar for Love? Right?

Yin and Yang compliment each other but one side is perceived as dominant in our subjective views.

Most Christians think Yahweh to be good, but many in both the believer and non-believer camps disagree.

Reality also disagrees.

Do you?"

Humans tend to misunderstand what they do NOT understand well.

For example, you seem to think yahweh is more hate than love. Is that not because of what God has done in the past? Which you deem to be hateful? But was it actually hateful?

For example. During the Flood, God killed MILLIONS of people by drowning. The elderly as well as children and babies. Do YOU think that was hateful of God?

What you don't understand is. NOT one of them that died in the Flood cease to exist. They are even now still present to this very day.

The Spirit that is in a person is IMMORTAL. It can't die or ever be killed. This is why it is written we will spend all eternity in Heaven or all eternity separated from Heaven, because the Spirit can't die or be killed, or cease to exist.

So even though you think the deed may have been hateful, it wasn't, because even though their flesh may have ceased to exist, THEY did NOT cease to exist.

So then God did NOT kill that person, but merely destroyed that persons flesh they currently were residing in.

So just because you think God hates, does not make that True.
Real Music

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2020 10:41 pm
God is Love - Marvin Gaye

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 02:58 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

Greatest I am said
Quote:
"God is Love, seems to be setting a low bar for Love? Right?

Reality also disagrees.

Do you?"

Humans tend to misunderstand what they do NOT understand well.

For example, you seem to think yahweh is more hate than love. Is that not because of what God has done in the past? Which you deem to be hateful? But was it actually hateful?

For example. During the Flood, God killed MILLIONS of people by drowning. The elderly as well as children and babies. Do YOU think that was hateful of God?

What you don't understand is. NOT one of them that died in the Flood cease to exist. They are even now still present to this very day.

The Spirit that is in a person is IMMORTAL. It can't die or ever be killed. This is why it is written we will spend all eternity in Heaven or all eternity separated from Heaven, because the Spirit can't die or be killed, or cease to exist.

So even though you think the deed may have been hateful, it wasn't, because even though their flesh may have ceased to exist, THEY did NOT cease to exist.

So then God did NOT kill that person, but merely destroyed that persons flesh they currently were residing in.

So just because you think God hates, does not make that True.

So because you want to believe in a supernatural genocidal and i8nfanticidal god, you will praise a mass murderer who kills when he could just as easily cure.

Thanks for showing us your corrupted moral sense.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

papag

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 05:03 am
@Greatest I am,
Yahweh hates what is bad and loves what is good.
We all have freewill to choose to do bad or to do good.

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 01:26 pm
@papag,
papag wrote:

Yahweh hates what is bad and loves what is good.
We all have freewill to choose to do bad or to do good.

Your bible says the opposite. You might try reading it sometime. The pertinent quotes are in the link.

Two points of pure logic and reason for you to ponder. One on the logic of free will and the other to refute your free will nonsense with your bible.

-----------
Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.
---------------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

papag

Reply Fri 7 May, 2021 08:07 am
@Greatest I am,
In the scripture quoted in the video it was not God or Isaiah closing the eyes and mouths of the unbelievers, it was the message.

Example: After Stephen spoke (Acts 7:54-58) Well, at hearing these things, they were infuriated in their hearts and began to grind their teeth at him.  But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand,  and he said: “Look! I see the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.”  At this they cried out at the top of their voices and put their hands over their ears and rushed at him all together. After throwing him outside the city, they began stoning him.

Like today people will hear the message but not listen, people will see signs and not understand.

Jeremiah 25:4 And the LORD hath sent unto you all his servants the prophets, rising early and sending them; but ye have not hearkened, nor inclined your ear to hear.

Deuteronomy 30:15-16
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Deuteronomy 30:17-18
But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 24 May, 2021 01:39 pm
@papag,
Thanks for this garbage apologetics.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 12:00 am
@papag,
Papag wrote . . . . "After Stephen spoke (Acts 7:54-58) Well, at hearing these things, they were infuriated in their hearts and began to grind their teeth at him.

Response . . . . What was it that Stephen said, which so infuriated the Jewish authorities at his trail?
0 Replies