Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks.

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 03:22 pm
Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks.

Yahweh, it is written, created us in his image.

He is described as a vile genocidal and infanticidal god, a demiurge to us Gnostics Christians, and is responsible for a religion that has become homophobic and misogynous and who grew Christianity by inquisitions and murder.

This is not surprising given that so many of Christianity’s moral tenets are immoral. Christianity lacks moral tenets with which to convert. It takes pressure and force to believe the weird Christian take on the otherwise decent Jewish beginnings of their religion and god. Christians should have usurped some decent god as without Midrash, Yahweh is more like an evil Satan than a good god.

If you think you are created in Yahweh’s image, and able to do his evil and good deeds, are you happy about it?

If you do not think you are up to Yahweh’s evil ways, are you happy about it?

Regards
DL

Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 04:04 pm
@Greatest I am,
The idea is to show that people and God are all broken. Therefore humans don't need to worry about god hating them.
mark noble

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 10:36 am
@Greatest I am,
As Above - So Below...

All you are 'composed' of is equal to that which you are a 'composition' of.

And EVERYTHING is made in the image of (Source) - Because EVERYTHING Is 'Source'.

You know this DL.

Have a Lovely Day
mark noble

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 10:55 am
@Greatest I am,
And - On a sidenote - The Term
'Gnostic Christian/' is an Oxymoron.

And 'Heaven' is a 'catholic' myth.
Heaven 'scripturally' just means 'sky'
'Hell' is a modern word - Derived from 'Sheol', 'Gehenna... Hades (GK, latter)
Just means 'Grave', Death, lower portions of the Earth.

Mordern Usage is so misaligned.

There is No eternal damnation, Nor eternal paradise.
Just the 'Big' Lake of 'Cheerio' for the 'chaff'...

Have a Lovely Day
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 02:15 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The idea is to show that people and God are all broken. Therefore humans don't need to worry about god hating them.

I see our view of god as broken, not most of us.

In fact, as a Gnostic Christian, I recognize that this is the only heaven we will ever know.

I hope this is not TL for you.

Let me speak to the lie of Gnostic Christians hating matter.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 02:21 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

As Above - So Below...

All you are 'composed' of is equal to that which you are a 'composition' of.

And EVERYTHING is made in the image of (Source) - Because EVERYTHING Is 'Source'.

You know this DL.

Have a Lovely Day

I do not know that.

My source, my parents, are now dead.

If you meant that we are all a part of reality, and made of star stuff, I agree.

The use of "source"/god, I do not do.

Source, as nature and natural processes, I like.

Regardless, we are all a part of the source or ultimate nature, but always apart as we all have our individual consciousness.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 02:25 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

And - On a sidenote - The Term
'Gnostic Christian/' is an Oxymoron.

Did the inquisitors decimate us for being oxymorons?

What did they have against oxymorons?

Regards
DL
mark noble

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:45 am
@Greatest I am,
There was Never a 'group of people, or sect' called 'The Gnostics', DL.
It is a term used for a potential school of thought that was developed by merging epicurean & stoic philosophies.

Breakaway jews (Like the 'Essenes) gathered and rescribed ALL texts and philosophically derived 'literature' of the day - It was latterday 'canonically-minded' writers that coined the phrase - To deter heretically-inclined (conspiracy theory) thinking.

Technically, a 'Gnostic Christian' is a made up title for Non-canonic hypocrites' (Not my word choice).

We are but a journey
An avatar inforced
An ever flowing river
Through each of us, doth course
Think it 'yours'
As such you must
For what but, 'yours'
Can thus you trust?

But We are but a journey
Obliging to its Source

Have a Lovely Day
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 05:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Shouldn't humans worry about god hating them, though? God'll make them eat their young if they don't love him.
BillRM

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2020 07:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
The whole ooncept of the Christian all powerful but all too human god is beyond silly an I myself did rejected it as a child.

A far as in his image is concern it can not be in his physical image as we evolved as a land animal on one small planet with two sexes and lungs and legs and so on that an all powerful god would have no used for.

Now we can be as evil as the Christian god is supposed to be for example humans had wiped out whole cities with fire from the sky as god is said to had done.or killed millions due to them not having the right religion/god.
0 Replies

DiscipleDave

Reply Sun 29 Nov, 2020 10:22 pm
@Greatest I am,
The Image of God is as follows.

Head, Neck, Torso, Arms, Hands, Legs, Feet.

Humans were created with similar characteristics of God Himself.
BillRM

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2020 01:34 am
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

All those features are useful to a land animal that had evolved on earth or a similar planet to earth but would have no useful function as far as an all powerful super being that had created the universe.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2020 10:34 am
@InfraBlue,
God doesn't hate us.

The problem is more that we can basically convince ourselves that God won't forgive us, and it generates spiritual static, where we cannot recognize God's help and don't see it. This is what Jesus means by blaspheming against the holy spirit. Not that God won't forgive you, but the sin is literally saying "God won't forgive me" as though you know what God will and won't forgive.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 02:47 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

There was Never a 'group of people, or sect' called 'The Gnostics',

Thanks for hypocritically denying your inquisitions.

Look up Cathars.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 02:51 pm
@DiscipleDave,
DiscipleDave wrote:

So god has a dick and a hole.

Why, given that he has no need of them?

You do remember, I hope, that Yahweh is an androgynous god.

Rib woman proves that that androgynous god is the god Adam was modelled after. Adam was androgynous.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 02:54 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

God doesn't hate us.

The problem is more that we can basically convince ourselves that God won't forgive us, and it generates spiritual static, where we cannot recognize God's help and don't see it. This is what Jesus means by blaspheming against the holy spirit. Not that God won't forgive you, but the sin is literally saying "God won't forgive me" as though you know what God will and won't forgive.

Many have been putting all kinds of lies into god's mouth.

Ask a preacher what he knows of god.

If he says anything other than nothing, he is a liar.

Regards
DL
BillRM

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2021 01:54 pm
@Greatest I am,
I am amused over the issue of whether the christian god will or will not forgive mankind when the question is if there is such a god that had wipe out a very large percent of mankind whether mankind should forgive this evil god.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2021 02:30 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

God doesn't hate us.

I asked God and he is soooooooooooooo not a fan of you.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/CExRmLvdkneDK/giphy.gif
He called you a "punk-ass" something something... I didn't get that latter part as it was a bit windy on the top of that mountain. And you don't make God repeat himself. It's just bad form.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2021 01:27 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I am amused over the issue of whether the christian god will or will not forgive mankind when the question is if there is such a god that had wipe out a very large percent of mankind whether mankind should forgive this evil god.

There are contradictions. Scriptures say that it is god's will to not lose any of us. That is ignored by those who prefer to read where the vast majority of us are lost to hell.

Logically, if there is a god who began as master/owner of all, which I do not believe, it would be stupid to think he would lose so much to another, Satan, and end with fewer souls than Satan. That makes Yahweh a loser and Satan a winner in the soul hunt.

If evil, why call it god? Why not use demiurge or just prick the way Gnostic Christians honestly do.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 12:25 am
@Greatest I am,
Jude 1: 14; Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying; “Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousand of his saints, (15) To execute judgement on all, and convince all that are ungodly among them all of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

Enoch Chapter 1: The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he said – Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for one which is for to come. Concerning the elect, I said and took up my parable concerning them:

The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,
[And appear from His camp]
And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

5 And all shall be smitten with fear
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

6 And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame

7 And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,
And all that is upon the earth shall perish,
And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

(Zephaniah 1:m 2-3; The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy everyone, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.” Verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end---a sudden end---to everyone who lives on earth.)

8 But with the righteous He will make peace.

And will protect the elect,
And shall be upon them.

And they shall all belong to God,
And they shall be prospered,
And they shall all be blessed.

And He will help them all,
And light shall appear unto them,
And He will make peace with them'.

And now for verse nine, from which Jude, the brother of the Lord, quotes verbatim.

9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly:

And to convict all flesh
Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.