10
   

Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

 
 
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 04:46 pm
Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdtwTeBPYQA

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL
 
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 06:14 pm
@Greatest I am,
BOY AM I GLAD YOU SHOWED UP !!
I am both an agnostic AND an atheist. Im agnostic because I dont know whether there isnt a god BUT Im an atheist because I actually believe there isnt a god.

Am I wrong?
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 06:33 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology...

Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers


Tom Lehrer wrote:
And I know there are people in the world who do not love
Their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that!


This religious dick waving contest always makes me laugh. Apparently Gnostic Christians are fully a part of it.
InfraBlue
 
  1  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 07:54 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion.

Your conclusion does not follow your premise.
Sturgis
 
  2  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 09:37 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Am I wrong?


You'll have to ask God/Gus/Prometheus/_________
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:14 pm
@Sturgis,
You talkin Ratzenpheffer? That old fool dont ev'n know how ta type no more.
Sturgis
 
  1  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:17 pm
@farmerman,
It could be a catawumpus like disguise!
farmerman
 
  2  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:20 pm
@Sturgis,
Not many people know this but if Andrew Jackson was on it hed know what ta do.
Sturgis
 
  1  
Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2020 10:23 pm
@farmerman,
I knew Andrew Jackson and....


...wait what was the question again?

0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  3  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 04:13 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Let’s chat about the atheist religion
Except for this Sturgis guy an me, nobody else seems to give a **** about what you are hawking. Im goin back in the house. Its cold out here.
0 Replies
 
auroreII
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 08:00 am
@Greatest I am,
open-mindedness
How can you say you have open-mindedness when you appear to have this foregone conclusion that there is no god. Your open-mindedness has its limits. I don't think I'd call it open-mindedness.
People are flawed, that is our human weakness, our failing. I'm not perfect and I've yet to meet anyone who is. People who call themselves christians are flawed. The bible instructs us not to judge. (That's God's job. He can see into the heart of a man where we can not.)
At the heart of Christianity is Jesus. People may say they are a christian, but if you want to see what the perfect christian is look only at Christ Jesus- caring, loving, self sacrificing, giving, and forgiving...
So if you see a flawed christian, look not at them but at Jesus for your example and don't judge others for their flaws and weaknesses. We are not to judge others, but to forgive them for being human simply on the grounds that we are human too- forgiveness is not always an easy thing to do, but that is where you will find peace.

Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 10:39 am
Aggressive, pushy, so-called "strong" atheists certainly act as though it were a religion. Personally, I don't know if there is a god, but I don't believe it because it's implausible. I find all of that Jesus bullshit hilariously implausible. For that, I get labelled a "weak" atheist, and implicit atheist.

I don't know if there is a god, I don't believe there is a god, I don't care if there is a god.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 10:48 am
I am a true Atheist.

I worship Atheos, the zeroth before all other gods. There are many false atheists.

rosborne979
 
  2  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:09 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I don't know if there is a god, I don't believe there is a god, I don't care if there is a god.

I don't know if there are leprechauns, I don't believe there are leprechauns... let's face it, there are no leprechauns.
Sturgis
 
  2  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:22 pm
@rosborne979,
There are too leprechauns I tell ya! One night...or maybe it was a day, after finishing a bottle or three of bargain bin booze, a group of them promised me a mansion with servants....

...were they not real?
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 02:32 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Setanta wrote:
I don't know if there is a god, I don't believe there is a god, I don't care if there is a god.

I don't know if there are leprechauns, I don't believe there are leprechauns... let's face it, there are no leprechauns.



You can be an atheist... and believe in Leprechauns.

Just saying. (I believe...)
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 07:20 am
@farmerman,
IDK.

If you are to believe that their is no god, while not being able to prove it, you are showing a faith based belief just as believers believe without proof or evidence.

You should try to not believe by faith alone.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 07:26 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology...

Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers


Tom Lehrer wrote:
And I know there are people in the world who do not love
Their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that!


This religious dick waving contest always makes me laugh. Apparently Gnostic Christians are fully a part of it.


I do not posit that a genocidal god ids a good god.

No dick in my ideology to wave around.

We do have a damn sight better moral sense and do not favor Hitler type gods like believers do.

We do not call evil good. That is our big dick.

We wave it at your ilk and watch you run for the hiss as you cannot justify your vile beliefs.

Chew on that dick and run.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 07:28 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion.

Your conclusion does not follow your premise.



Yes it does.

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion. That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.
-------------

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...theists-religious-european-christians/560936/

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 07:29 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion.

Your conclusion does not follow your premise.



Why do atheist call their gathering places atheist churches?

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Let’s chat about the atheist religion.
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/21/2021 at 12:25:21