Explaining Why I Left A2K for Awhile

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:28 pm
I stayed away from A2K awhile back because I was very stressed and knew I wasn't being really reasonable with people on A2K. For that, I am sincerely sorry.

I feel I owe those I was unreasonable with an explanation and that is what this post is.

A little over two years ago I was working as at temp at a company. About a year later I was made a permanent employee. I love my job and my customers and most of the people I work with.

Everyone and I do mean everyone warned me about this woman and her daughter. They said don't trust them. They have gotten more people fired than you could believe. To me they always treated me kindly and I could not understand why anyone would say such a thing about them.

I was told over and over different situations and how people had quit because they could not take it any longer or were fired because they were so stressed they could no longer do their job. Then I finally found out what they meant.

I was working as a receptionist but was going to become a Customer Service Rep. This woman, Beverly was going to train me. She is excellent at her job. I would never say differently. One day she came over and said if I'd come over that afternoon, she'd start training me. Well, our office was so busy I could not leave. I called her and explained the situation. She said okay Rusty. From then on, it's been hell for me. It seems I insulted her by not coming over there.

We'd have meetings and she would lie to everyone about me making a mistake. She'd constantly barge into my office and no matter if I was on the phone or with a customer, she'd just rudely blurt out how I messed something up, etc.

There was this lady that worked for her named Emily. Emily loved Beverly and her daughter. But Emily stopped hanging around with them because she got tired of hearing how they were trying to get me fired. Well, Emily got fired. Beverly had Emily make changes in the inventory schedule. Emily didn't understand why but she did it because Beverly was her boss. It seems Emily was fired for messing up the inventory. She is totally devastated. I was amazed at the job Emily did. At any given time she could tell her exactly how much of anything we had or when it would be ready.

When Emily got fired, I became the target again. Once they were mad at Emily I had a pretty peaceful couple of months. Now, I am a total wreck, having migraines again, and my ulcer is giving me problems.

I have gone to HR and the Plant Manager about this more times than I can recall. I have always been told "you are the flavor of the month and they'll go onto someone else." I started questioning my sanity. It is insane how they can let this woman harass people to the point they are so stressed they can no longer function very well, much less do their job.

A few days ago my Plant Manager said I am doing a fine job. The next day I am written up subject to termination. The Plant Manager said he knows what Beverly is doing and knows that I am at the point of being so stressed I am so afraid of making a mistake that I am making more mistakes.

I cannot tell you how many people have said, "Someday she will do this to the wrong person and they will come back with a gun." This is the type of environment this woman and her daughter have created. Her daughter sleeps at her desk, puts on make-up, wears daisy duke type shorts to work (they didn't call her on it they merely changed the dress code.)

When I started questioning my sanity about this I took some action. I got a voice recorder that no one would ever know that's what it is. I have HR and the Plant Manager telling me "We know she does it but we aren't going to do a thing about it because they fear the retribution of these women." If I did not have this recorded, I would have to say I was totally insane.

I have not been myself for a long time because of this. I have done everything that has been suggested to me to try to make the situation better. I don't do tit for tat. I have always treated them with respect and always will because that is the right thing.

We were told if we cuss at work we get three days off without pay. Jessica, the daughter, cusses like a drunken sailor. I told HR. I was told "unless she is directly cussing at you, we aren't going to do anything."

That is all just a small bit of what they do. These two women are virtually holding our company "hostage". She is in really tight with the man that is right under the owner.

I have talked to quite a few of the other people this has happened to and they told me their horror stories. When they all got fired or quit because of her behavior toward them they all said the same thing, "I felt like I was insane."

No one would ever believed all of this if I didn't have it recorded. I couldn't believe it until then.

I am so sorry that I hurt people with my words on A2K. I am glad I had enough sense to stop posting because none of you caused this to happen to me and taking it out on you was wrong.

I hope you can forgive me.

I have an appointment with an attorney Monday. I can't sit by anymore and watch this happen. I don't want it to happen to anyone else and I don't want that possible "wrong person" to be the victim of it and decide to violently do something about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 15 • Views: 19,340 • Replies: 283

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:39 pm
@Arella Mae,
Ah nuts. That's not a good thing to deal with.

You know you can just hang around in the fluffy threads (word games etc) on days when things are just nutty in real life. They've been sanity-savers for me on more than one occasion.

Keep on taking care of yourself - remember - you're the sane one!

Sending you hugs.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you ehBeth. At the time, I was questioning my sanity and didn't even know if I could do that. When I got upset with Celli I knew how badly it was affecting me. I just felt it best to stay away. I hope after talking to the attorney Monday, something will be done.

Hugs back.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:26 pm
sounds like Beverly is screwing someone important at the place (or the daughter is, or both are).

And I mean screwing in the biblical sense.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:28 pm
@Arella Mae,
you're making me miss Tennessee...

oh for the drama.

hold your dominion...
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh I will hold my dominion. When I get my fill I get my fill and I've gotten my fill.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:33 pm
@chai2,
I can't tell you how many times my husband has said Beverly has to have something on someone out there. He agrees with your assessment. I hate having to file a lawsuit but I have done everything I know how to do and do it right only to be told I'm the flavor of the month and no one is going to do anything.

It's insane. I've even told the Plant Manager and HR that it's insane. They agree but won't do a thing.........................insanity.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:36 pm
@Rockhead,
Arella Mae, Missed you. Sorry to hear that you've been going through such things. Glad you're taking some action.

For relaxion, why not come back to the Beautiful Animals thread and report in on your wonderful equines. How is JJ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:36 pm
Glad to see you, Arella.

This seems quite a messed up non-professional place you're working at and trying to survive in. You could leave, of course, but then this mishugas will continue with you not there, affecting more and more people; sounds like talking with a good attorney is a smart idea, whether you leave or not, to clarify options.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:38 pm
@ossobuco,
It's nice to see you too Osso. I really missed everyone.

I won't quit my job. They will have to fire me. That is in the works so it's only a matter of time. They aren't going to do this to one more person. I am going to see to it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

you're making me miss Tennessee...

oh for the drama.

Unless I'm mistaken, Arella lives somewhere out in the country in Fla.
About the same I'd guess, as Tennesse, or even out in small town Kansas (hey, if you can't get coconut water, what else is there to do?)

I lived twice (God love me) TWICE, once for a period of a few months, and once for an entire damn year, out in Okeechobee Fla.

All those people did was go to church and play musical beds.

Lessee...

During my longer stint in that hell hole, I worked under the social worker at the nursing home. In that time:

The new administrator, who'd already been married about 4 times moved there from Miami for the job, and immediately started having an affair with the head of maintenance. He left his wife and kids and married her, but those 2 newlyweds were divorced by the time I left.

The OWNER of the place, in her mid 60's had apparantly been screwing the husband of a co-worker (another assistant that was eventually "fired") for like a decade. When the owner got over the legal battle with her divorce, that lasted years, she moved my co-workers hubby into her mansion on the hill, and fired the wife.

The dietitian was having an affair with one of the nurses who for a change, wasn't married himself.

My own boss (also from Miami) divorced her husband, and he soon after took up with someone else.

Hell, I was having an affair on my then husband, who I kicked out and married the other guy. He wasn't from Okeechobee. I was classy enough to go to Fort Lauderdale for my illicit sex.

There were plenty of other common knowledge crap like that.

I'm tellin' ya, the webs of intrigue in those pissant places are scary. I'm dead serious.

If Arella is going to an attorney, I personally wouldn't be saying too much here.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:25 pm
Not Florida.

and Chai, that's a boggler of a description re your employment place there..
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Not Kentucky.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:28 pm
@ossobuco,
we'll just wait for you to get there, osso.

48 to go...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:30 pm
@Rockhead,
I'll wait for Arella to tell. Similar name to where I came from.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:30 pm
Louisianna, and pardon my spelling
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:39 pm
@roger,
I thought it was Louisiana as well...

Anyway, I am sorry that you've been in such a dire situation at work, Arella.
I cannot believe that management won't intervene. This must affect everyone's productivity level and having people like Beverly and her daughter around is surely contra productive for any company.

Yes, you're doing the right thing in documenting everything and taping them, it will help your case tremendously. Someone has to stop these bullies and the way they've played you, it should be satisfactory to get them in hot waters.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

we'll just wait for you to get there, osso.

48 to go...

<snort>

yeah, Louisiana.

Even worse.
JPB

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:48 pm
@Arella Mae,
Tough situation, Arella. I hope it all works out for you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 06:29 pm
@chai2,
Of course, Louisiana. LA, get it? I was trying to be circumspect and good luck with that.
0 Replies