Explaining Why I Left A2K for Awhile

Eva

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 10:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
It's really good to hear from you, even under these circumstances! We are very honored that you wanted to talk to us from the hospital.

Forgive me, I've forgotten...what were the metal plate and screws for? (Sounds like there may be a story here...?)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 11:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
So sorry to hear that you've been in the hospital for such a long time and still have a way to go.

The laptop should help alleviate some of the boredom. At least I hope so.

Great to hear from you, kid.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2012 11:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Well, I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks and have 25 more days to go. Had to have metal plate and screws removed because they were harboring a bad staph infection. I am feeling better but bored to tears. I have to have IV antibiotics to get rid of the infection. It got into the bone.

So, how has everyone been doing? Johnny surprised me with a laptop so I can visit with y'all!
Sorry about your misfortune, Arella.
I 'm sure that your new laptop will abate your boredom
and re-unite u with your friends ( meaning us ).
Use the laptop in the very best of good health!!!

I just got back from Reno 2 days ago; still resting up from it.

Please give my best wishes to JJ when u see him.
Does he still sound like a Pterodactyl ?

David
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 03:42 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae, I am so sorry to hear that you've been going through such a tough time with that infection. That's a long stretch to be in the hospital. I hope the laptop does help to relieve the boredom. Try to keep us posted on how you are doing. I'm glad you are feeling better.
http://orkutluv.com/thumb/Get%20Well%20Soon.jpg
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 09:22 am
@firefly,
I was sorry to learn you were in the hospital for such a long time. It seems it happened to both of us. We can compare our long hospital days when you are better.

BBB
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:13 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I was wondering why I've not seen posts from you for some time. Sorry to hear about your bone infection, and the long recovery period.

Now that you have a laptop to minimize your boredom, we look forward to reading more of your posts.

Take care, and get well soon.

c.i.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:17 am
@Arella Mae,
So glad to 'see' you here again.

I'm not glad to hear that you're in the hospital, but I'm glad the staph infection is being treated.

You have been missed.

http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/7/1629/avp02597.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:18 am
Yikes Arella!

Thanks for the update. That's scary stuff, hope you are all better very soon.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 01:13 pm
I missed all of you too and thanx so much for the welcome back.

Miss Eva, I broke my wrist in February. Caught my leg in a cord and fell flat on my face with my arms in front of me. Got the infection a couple of weeks later. My incision literally exploded twice and blood everywhere. Second time I lost a lot of blood and dehydrated, Was on antibiotics but couldn't walk 30 feet without wanting to pass out. I kept trying to get out and do things but was always so weak. About a month ago the closed incision started festering and doctor said the 9 screws and plate had to come out.

I feel much better but because the infection got into the bone I need the IV antibiotics for a total of six weeks.

Can't imagine some of the things I have seen here. There is a kid that walks around outside with a six foot snake around his neck Shocked
0 Replies

mackllinvinger

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 01:17 am
NICE TALK
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 04:27 am
@mackllinvinger,
Um, what do you mean NICE TALK? I am not sure what you are referring to? I am serious, there was this guy that came walking by the hospital everyday with a python wrapped around his neck.............wasn't kidding!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 04:53 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Um, what do you mean NICE TALK?
I am not sure what you are referring to? I am serious, there was this guy
that came walking by the hospital everyday with a python wrapped around his neck.............wasn't kidding!
Sometimes those pythons have no sense of humor!
Its good to see u again, Arella.

How r u and JJ ??

David
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 05:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, when it comes to pythons my sense of humor seems to have a sense of flight, too!

JJ is doing marvelously! What a personality. It just keeps growing as he grows. Right now though, he has taken on the personality of a stalker. These stupid dogs of mine have been harassing JJ and JJ is planning an attack. I am sure of it! Saw him try to kick Liberty in the face with his two back hooves yesterday. A few more inches and Liberty wouldn't be here but we cannot get the dogs to stop. I've tried everything I know of. So, am letting nature take it's course.

Up until yesterday, I was pretty much a basket case since about a week after I got home from the hospital. I had just been so sick for so long I couldn't gain any ground and ended up as depressed as could be but yesterday changed all that and I'm seeing a bit of a rainbow!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 06:20 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Well, when it comes to pythons
my sense of humor seems to have a sense of flight, too!
I have a picture of myself around somewhere wearing a live python,
whose human owner estimated his weight to be over 1OO pounds,
around my shoulders.

Arella Mae wrote:
JJ is doing marvelously! What a personality.
It just keeps growing as he grows.
We need more JJ pictures!
We have been starving for them.

Arella Mae wrote:
Right now though, he has taken on the personality of a stalker. These stupid dogs of mine have been harassing JJ and JJ is planning an attack. I am sure of it! Saw him try to kick Liberty in the face with his two back hooves yesterday. A few more inches and Liberty wouldn't be here but we cannot get the dogs to stop. I've tried everything I know of. So, am letting nature take it's course.
Maybe don 't give the dogs access to JJ ?

Arella Mae wrote:
Up until yesterday, I was pretty much a basket case since about a week after I got home from the hospital. I had just been so sick for so long I couldn't gain any ground and ended up as depressed as could be but yesterday changed all that and I'm seeing a bit of a rainbow!
I 'm glad to hear of your improvement.
Are your hands OK?
Did u hurt one of your arms ?
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 09:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I wish I could keep the dogs away from the horses but we are in the country and I won't pen the dogs up and do that to them. They will have to learn like everyone and everything else out here you either co-exist or you don't survive. It's in JJ's nature to protect the herd. He will do that and I can't expect him not to. Those dogs are smart dogs. They know how big JJ and the horses are. I just hope they know they can't outrun either!

My wrist is doing great! It's all healed up and I only have some soreness when it's cold and wet outside. Otherwise, doing great. Just had some depression, which is supposedly normal when you've been sick for a long time.

I went out today and did some grocery shopping. That was kind of depressing in itself. The prices are just ridiculous but it was nice to get out and get some air. Went to visit my friend, Gladys, and we always have a good time. So, I think I'm bouncing back just fine.

Not sure I want to see that picture of you with the snake. That was the creepiest thing seeing that thing wrapped around that guy like that. Eww!

I will get myself out there this weekend and see if I can persuade JJ to do a few candid shots for me and post them. He's such a beauty!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 08:44 am
@Arella Mae,
Good to see you, Arella.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 01:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Heya Osso! It's nice to see you too! And who is that cute little doggie trying to chew off the top of that pumpkin? Sooooooooooooo cute!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:03 pm
@Arella Mae,
Great to see you again Arella. I've missed you.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Heya ehBeth! It's always nice to see you. I've missed you and everyone else too! I just wasn't good company, even for myself for a bit there but I'm doing much better. Depression really sucks. Please tell Setanta hey for me?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
The fella is out walking the two ancient dogs right now - I'll say hey for you when he's back in.

Take good care of yourself and love up all the animals - there's nothing like the love and companionship of our furry friends.
0 Replies