Explaining Why I Left A2K for Awhile

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:12 pm
@Roberta,
Well, at least now I don't have any guilt feelings about filing a lawsuit. Johnny is going to call our attorney and tell him what is going on. I am too emotional to try to talk to him. I'm angry and I want to cry but if I cry I'll get more angry.
Eva

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:28 pm
@Arella Mae,
That's OK. Cry all you want. It'll clear your head. Then go get 'em!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 04:58 pm
@Arella Mae,
I wish u good luck in keeping your job, Arella.

I hope that u will keep us up to date,
qua what your attorney plans to do to save u.

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
Well, gee. What an odd mixture of a major bummer with what looks like a silver lining to call attention to their behavior as a company. I'm ignorant if you'd make your money back from suing, not at all my field to even guess about.

I think you need some treats because of the recent stress. Can you two ever get a vacation away?
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Johnny says I should be happy I am not there anymore. In a way, I am but I loved my customers and they loved me. I knew all about their kids, spouses, pets, etc. They are going to be very shocked come tomorrow.

The good thing about it is I no longer feel obligated to them in any way so it took away any guilty feelings about filing a lawsuit. I hope that doesn't change.

I am going to spend time with my horses this weekend. Saturday is going to be dedicated to riding Big Mac.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:35 pm
@Arella Mae,
I'm a big believer in good things coming out of bad.

Take a break if you can. Enjoy the animals.

Then get out there and kick some butt!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
Good idea, Arella.
Try to relax & unwind over the weekend. Do things which give you pleasure. And get lots of sleep, if you need too ...
You'll have a much clearer head come Monday.
I'm sorry you lost your job, but at the very least, you'll feel a lot less stressed about the legal process ahead than if you were still on the job.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:50 pm
Hi Arella, sorry you are feeling confused and angry about being fired. Yeah, it is insulting and frustrating. I've been fired.

Now, the thing to do would be to find your own kind of work where you are independent and where your clients love you for what you do and how well you do it. Some of us are hard-headed. We have to get fired, kicked in the butt before we begin working on ideas all our own. I'm sure there's some work that is, if nothng else, your own creation. Anger can be a real motivator.

With that in mind, girl, go enjoy your horses, your home, knowing it may be the last time to do that, because you could get very busy, soon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:54 pm
Echoing in that I have fond memories of rare vacations and was thinking that might be good for you, if only for a few days - but I definitely think a break and your own pleasure is in order.

Happy riding, maybe take some photos.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Beth wrote:
Quote:
Ah nuts. That's not a good thing to deal with.

You know you can just hang around in the fluffy threads (word games etc) on days when things are just nutty in real life. They've been sanity-savers for me on more than one occasion.

I'm with Beth, Arella Mae - No good to be dealing with. So sorry you are in this situation.

And I'm all about the fluffy threads. Smile Enough reality in my day. I'm all about escapism.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I loved my customers and they loved me. I knew all about their kids, spouses, pets, etc. They are going to be very shocked come tomorrow.

You might want to use some of them as a networking resource for job hunting and references. Contact them yourself and briefly let them know you are no longer working for that company. Tell the customer how much you appreciated working for and with them. Let them know you'd like them to keep you in mind should they hear of any similar job openings in the area.

That will keep the rapport going with them, should you need their future testimony/affidavits for your case, and will get you back out there working with them.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
Sounds good - but be careful what you say regarding the company. Talk to attorney re that.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 12:42 am
@Arella Mae,
I'm so sorry you got fired, Arella Mae.

And that HR person telling you to get off the computer, pack your stuff and leave, was incredibly nasty. What a miserable group of people!

Even though you liked your job, you really couldn't continue to work with the sort of stress you were experiencing there. From what you described, it really was taking a toll on you, and you knew none of those people were going to change.

I don't wonder you're feeling angry, getting fired is like getting kicked in the teeth--it's very insulting. But, I hope that by Monday you'll feel relieved when you wake up and realize you don't have to go back into that environment, or have to worry about getting stabbed in the back, or have to worry about when the other shoe will drop, or have to worry that you are going crazy because people seem to be denying what you heard them say. I hope that when you wake up Monday you just feel relieved and relaxed.

And it's going to be a lot less stressful dealing with your legal case while you're not still working there. Just feel good about making those recordings, and saving the e-mails, and encourage the lawyer to give them hell. If you manage to shake them up maybe things there will improve so some good will come out of this.

Enjoy your weekend. Just concentrate on the things you enjoy doing and try to put everything else aside. Indulge and pamper yourself. Go buy yourself a present for surviving that place--you deserve it. Then go to a bakery and buy something really decadent, and maybe pick up some flowers on the way home. Put on some music and dance with your hubby. Spend time with your horses. Catch up on your sleep. Read a good book. Watch a funny movie. Focus on the good stuff and give yourself a break from worrying or feeling upset.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 02:31 am
@Arella Mae,
I am sorry to hear that this went bad.....I have never been fired but I have had people gunning to get me fired, so the emotions I get. You have conformation now that your gut worked, you thought they were after you and they were, that is something to think positively about.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:45 am
I didn't sleep very well last ight but I know that is going to change. firefly, you are right. I can stop feeling stressed because I no longer have to wait for that arrow that was aimed at my back all the time. I almost strted crying when HR lady did that yesterday. That hurt but I didn't shed a tear and I didn't totally lose it either. Oh, on the way out I did say, "I guess if I had just slept at my desk I'd still have a job." Probably shouldn't have said that because I did that being spiteful.

Some of my anger is coming from a place of pride and I am trying to deal with that. I didn't deserve what they did to me. I did everything I could to do things right, etc. It's not fair. But, then I remember what my mom always said when I told her it wasn't fair. She said, "Who the hell told you life was fair?"

I have to take comfort in the fact I have those recordings where they admitted everything. Their own words will be their own downfall in this.

hawkeye, thanx for your kind words. I appreciate everything everyone has said to help me. It means the world to me.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:52 am
@Arella Mae,
I 'm really sorry that u got fired, Arella.
Maybe u 'll get a better job! Enjoy your new found freedom.

Have a happy weekend with your horses!

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 08:36 am
I didn't sleep very well again last night. All this from beginning to end just kept playing over and over in my head. I did get a nice surprise though. One of my customers on Facebook contacted me. She said she called my salesman to find out where I was and what happened to me. He said he didn't know. She told him she did not just like working with me, she LOVED working with me.

I'm trying to NOT think about all of this. I'm going riding at 2 and intend to have a peaceful ride with my favorite horse in some beautiful woods.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 07:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Maybe she will be a good friend for u.
Offer her a horseride ?

I hope that u had a good time riding your horse of choice !

David
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 05:18 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hope that you are able to enjoy the time off. I was fired along time ago and I actually felt good about it after the fact, I would have quit sooner if I had known how much better I would have felt! Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2011 10:07 pm
A couple of my customers contacted me through Facebook today. They were really upset that I wasn't there anymore. It's nice to know they care. Today was a bit rough because I kept feeling like I should be at work. Hoping to hear from the labor attorney by Wednesday.
0 Replies