jct573

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 04:05 am
Basically I work with a girl I like and I feel as though she might have feelings for me but sometimes she gives me mixed messages, whenever I'm stacking shelves she always calls my name and comes over to me to have a chat, and she keeps on smiling at me, giving me compliments, laughing at things I say mostly just general talk not just jokes, and getting to know me for example she asked where I lived and my age. Lately she has been getting really close, like she will walk up to me and touch my arm and my back she will also move into my personal space. She also chats to me when i'm stack shelves for example on the bottom shelf and she would sit down right next to me and chat or whisper in my ear, I have caught her glancing over at me, she looked down and I have approached her and she went red in the face also when we talk we maintain eye contact and smile at each other. We both finished at the same time once and she asked me to walk with her and when it came to clocking out of work I said bye because she was chatting to a friend when she noticed me leaving she told me to wait up and we both walked to our cars, she started walking really close to me. I felt like she wanted me to say something but she was distracted by her phone texting, so I did not bother also we passed someone who liked her and I asked if she liked him she said no, would she have told me if she had feelings for me there and then? She hasn't asked for my number or email either but she is really confident.

On the other hand she does seem to flirt a little with other guys without entering their personal space and also sometimes she won't laugh at things I say like she's not interested and then she becomes interested in me again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 4,274 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:41 am
@jct573,
It's possible; you would not be out of line to ask for her email. But understand that dating someone at work has the risk of, if it doesn't work out, you're stuck with that person unless you can find other work.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:36 am
@jct573,
Sounds like she is comfortable with you, but not particularly "interested".

but ... there's no real way to find out without spending some time with her outside of work, getting to know her, talking to her.

Invite her for a coffee/iced tea after work sometime. Talk to her.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:37 am
@jct573,
jct573 wrote:
would she have told me if she had feelings for me there and then?

have you dated?

how would she have any idea if she has feelings for you if you don't actually have a non-work relationship?

0 Replies