Explaining Why I Left A2K for Awhile

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 07:03 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
But if I don't try to go to upper management first that would be wrong?
If u screw things up (regardless of your intentions) lawyers might refuse to accept your case,
especially not on a contingency fee basis.

David
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 07:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I won't do a thing until I talk to the attorney.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 09:01 pm
@Arella Mae,
I wasn't trying to be mean, but you've got to remember they will screw you over in a New York minute.

Don't think they won't.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 09:07 pm
@chai2,
I didn't take you as being mean at all. Quite the contrary, you gave me a little boost of resolve. But you're right, they sure will.
msolga

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 09:58 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hello, Arella.

I have been reading along on this thread.

I can fully appreciate the awfulness & unfairness of your work situation & I can also understand the advice you are receiving here.

My advice would be to work out what you think you can realistically cope with, stress-wise, say nothing of what sort of action you can actually afford & act accordingly.

I have seen so many cases of people who have been absolutely "right" or correct, but have had their lives screwed anyway. Of course, this may not happen in your case & I sincerely hope it doesn't.

But .... and I must admit, this sounds pretty strange coming from me .... things don't always work out the way you might have anticipated.

Just try & make yourself fully aware of what the consequences might be for you should things not go the way you'd hoped.
Just be aware of what the toll might be on your peace of mind & work out for yourself whether you can cope or not, whether you win or not.

I can't advise you about any of that. It is up to you to make that assessment for yourself.
But just make sure, if you possibly can, that you can actually cope with what is ahead of you, if you decide to proceed.

This is not just some A2K "debate". This is your life. You don't have to suit anyone but yourself.

0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 10:15 am
@Arella Mae,
I respect what you are doing Arella Mae. You would be surprised to learn that you and I are similar in our willingness to fight for people's rights. Some day, I may tell you about the many times I achieved improving peoples lives. One event may amaze you in these few words that it's possible to defeat the powerful. Are you ready?

I defeated California governor Ronald Reagan when he tried to destroy a law I achieved to give people information they needed to spend their family money the most beneficial way. Reagan used his veto against it once but he gave in on my second attempt. It not only was law in California, it spread to other states as well.

I'm telling you this because it's important for people to understand that one person can make a difference. A group of people are even stronger. It took time and determination. I learned how to obtain the help of other powerful people when I didn't have enough power myself.

You are a special woman, Arella Mae, and you have good instincts.

BBB
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 06:26 pm
msolga, there is nothing wrong with your advice and I agree wholeheartedly with you. I don't know how this will turn out. I only know whatever it takes this has to change.

BBB! The governor? Oh my goodness! How awesome for you. I've always known you had spunk I had no idea! I love to hear your memories. Feel free anytime.

Johnny and I went to the attorney this morning. I had no idea but this guy used to be a District Attorney. Johnny explained most of it because I was still pretty upset and I knew there was another "meeting" to be had when I got back. I got lambasted Friday before I left work and I emailed the Plant Manager and said I wasn't taking anymore crap from anyone. But after talking to the attorney I was pretty okay.

He seems to think I have a case. He is going to contact some labor attorneys he knows and find out what we need to do next. He said don't do anything until he gets back with us so my email did not go to Corporate HR. But, until a suit is actually filed I'm not going to get too excited.

He asked me what is it that I wanted out of this. I said first and foremost I want that this never happens to anyone again. Second, I want everyone that has been tortured in the past to the point of quitting or losing their jobs to be compensated. They deserve to know they were not in the wrong.

I think once a lawsuit is filed, Philippe, the owner, will tell his attorney to hush it all up and we'll never go to court. That is, if I actually have a valid suit.

I did have a bad moment though. Johnny asked me to write the check to the attorney and I thought it was from our joint account and I signed it. He said but you need to let me sign it because that's the other account. Right in front of the attorney I froze and broke down crying. One more mistake I had made. I've got to get over being so panicked. I took my time with my work today and triple checked everything to make sure I wasn't making mistakes. It was a bit rough but I'd keep telling myself "but there is hope!" Johnny just wrapped his arms around me and said "it's okay you are just upset right now."

I'm so proud of Johnny. He is being so supportive. I told him you know, if I sue and I lose, I'll never work around here again. What did he say? Will it be worth it to keep one more person from going through this? Isn't he something? He has changed over the years and I fall more in love with him all the time.

So now, we wait for the lawyer to get in touch again and I pray it is with good news!

Miss BBB, I cannot tell you how much your last comment means to me. Thank you so very kindly.
chai2

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 08:17 pm
Sounds good!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 08:30 pm
@Arella Mae,
I wondered why I hadn't been seeing you at A2K, Arella Mae, and I missed you.

I am so sorry to hear about all of the stress and aggravation you have been going through at work. The place sounds nightmarish. It's hard to believe that two people could create such an abusive and toxic environment, and wreak such havoc on other people's lives, and continue to get away with it.

I really admire your courage and determination in deciding to fight back, and going to see an attorney. You are a very kind and caring person and I can truly believe you want to stop anyone else from being hurt by what's going on at your workplace. I hope you do have a valid legal case and that letting an attorney handle it will take some of the weight off your shoulders in trying to deal with these people.

Please take good care of yourself. Your well being is more important than the job. Since you expect to be fired, there isn't much else they can do to you. And, if that happens, you're going down fighting. You should be proud of the stamina and strength you've already shown in trying to deal with an irrational situation in as rational a manner as possible.

Hope the lawyer will have good news for you.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 08:49 pm
@firefly,
I really missed you! I saw about Amanda Knox being freed and thought of you but I just wasn't in any shape to try to talk with anyone. I honestly wasn't rational and I knew it. But I'm better. I think once I really decided to do something that helped a lot.

I hope I have a case too. I'm praying about it and will just have to be patient.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:57 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
msolga, there is nothing wrong with your advice and I agree wholeheartedly with you. I don't know how this will turn out. I only know whatever it takes this has to change.

BBB! The governor? Oh my goodness! How awesome for you. I've always known you had spunk I had no idea! I love to hear your memories. Feel free anytime.

Johnny and I went to the attorney this morning. I had no idea but this guy used to be a District Attorney. Johnny explained most of it because I was still pretty upset and I knew there was another "meeting" to be had when I got back. I got lambasted Friday before I left work and I emailed the Plant Manager and said I wasn't taking anymore crap from anyone. But after talking to the attorney I was pretty okay.

He seems to think I have a case. He is going to contact some labor attorneys he knows and find out what we need to do next. He said don't do anything until he gets back with us so my email did not go to Corporate HR. But, until a suit is actually filed I'm not going to get too excited.

He asked me what is it that I wanted out of this. I said first and foremost I want that this never happens to anyone again. Second, I want everyone that has been tortured in the past to the point of quitting or losing their jobs to be compensated. They deserve to know they were not in the wrong.

I think once a lawsuit is filed, Philippe, the owner, will tell his attorney to hush it all up and we'll never go to court. That is, if I actually have a valid suit.

I did have a bad moment though. Johnny asked me to write the check to the attorney and I thought it was from our joint account and I signed it. He said but you need to let me sign it because that's the other account. Right in front of the attorney I froze and broke down crying. One more mistake I had made. I've got to get over being so panicked. I took my time with my work today and triple checked everything to make sure I wasn't making mistakes. It was a bit rough but I'd keep telling myself "but there is hope!" Johnny just wrapped his arms around me and said "it's okay you are just upset right now."

I'm so proud of Johnny. He is being so supportive. I told him you know, if I sue and I lose, I'll never work around here again. What did he say? Will it be worth it to keep one more person from going through this? Isn't he something? He has changed over the years and I fall more in love with him all the time.

So now, we wait for the lawyer to get in touch again and I pray it is with good news!
Keep a low profile, until then.
Do nothing to attract attention.

David
firefly

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 10:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Good advice, David. Arella Mae should just continue acting normally at work.
http://funpho.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/working-posture.jpg

(figured you could use a laugh, AM)
Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae, We cross-posted way back at the beginning of this thread. I'm glad to see you back and angry at the circumstances that kept you away. I wish you well with your fight. And I admire your spirit.

I asked about the equines. How is JJ?
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 05:25 pm
@Roberta,
My pasture is empty! We are seeding the pasture so everyone is over at Trainer Dave's. Dave is keeping my herd separate from his so there shouldn't be any fighting. I think they think they are at a resort for horses. They are in their own pasture and even have a pond. I miss them terribly but am taking apple wafers and carrots this weekend. JJ will stay at the trainer's once the others come home. It's about time for him to start his training. He is just as beautiful as ever and continues to have more personality all of the time. I am hoping Dave's mule, Ruth, is going to teach JJ how to sound like a mule and not just grunt like a gorilla.

Today was okay. I am keeping my head down and just doing my job. Trying not to act any differently than usual. I really sometimes wish I could blow up, etc., but I can't do that. I can't return bad for bad. I am still gathering evidence though.

We are still waiting to go to court with that dog murderer.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 05:25 pm
@firefly,
I can't see the picture. Crying or Very sad
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 05:50 pm
@Arella Mae,
R u gonna sic the dog murderer on that bitch ?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 06:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
One more try, Arella Mae...

@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Good advice, David. Arella Mae should just continue acting normally at work.
http://img.blog.yahoo.co.kr/ybi/1/0e/bb/piuy7702001/folder/3427010/img_3427010_1222672_0?1176952658.jpg

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 06:33 pm
@firefly,
Um, it's my stomach that is in knots at work not my legs! Too funny!

David, no I am not. I surely am not going to do anything except let the court handle it.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 06:37 pm
@Arella Mae,
I think the hard part for you (it would be for me) is keeping your mouth shut. No "I'm not going to take this anymore" announcements. Not to presume, but I figure you like to talk and can be reactive to stuff people say.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 07:49 pm
@Arella Mae,
U c, its a play on words,
because a female DOG is a bitch.