Explaining Why I Left A2K for Awhile

Setanta

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:46 am
Oh great . . . i suppose now everybody's gonna get all dewy-eyed for AM, and i won't be allowed to be mean to her . . . this sucks . . .
jespah

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 07:55 am
Egad that job sitch sucks. I hope things improve soon. Oy.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 08:47 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Oh great . . . i suppose now everybody's gonna get all dewy-eyed for AM, and i won't be allowed to be mean to her . . . this sucks . . .

If it makes ya feel better be mean all you want Set. Laughing Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 08:49 am
@jespah,
One of two things will happen 1) I get fired or 2) they finally realize how wrong this all is and it stops. I'm not holding out for that. I have a 9:30 appointment with a lawyer tomorrow.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 10:08 am
@Arella Mae,
Has anyone decided to find all of the people who have been verbally abused by the witches, get their experiences written, and take their statements to the TOP MANAGEMENT, and threaten them with the evidence to the EEOC.

You shouldn't have to pay for an attorney to solve the abuse. The Obama EEOC will actually help employees and I urge you to contact them.

EEOC information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEOC

EEOC resources:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=eeoc+hostile+work+environment&pbx=1&oq=EEOC&aq=3&aqi=g4&aql=1&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=0l0l1l2192l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=a4183349b9a276ea&biw=800&bih=436
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEOC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEOC

chai2

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 11:06 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Good info BBB.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 11:37 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I have talked to some of the others that have gone through this and they are willing to give statements about it. I am going to ask the lawyer if it is possible to file a Class Action suit. The people that got fired or quit due to harassment deserve it to be known it wasn't their fault. I was thinking that since I have audioproof that HR and the Plant Manager know they are doing this to me and that's why my work is suffering but he still isn't going to do anything will be what stops them. I would rather not go to court at all. All I want is for them to stop hurting people like this. The girl that just got fired because of this is so devastated and I don't know how to help her other than to do what I can to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. They lied to her about why she was fired. If I hadn't of told her what the Plant Manager said about why she sure would be blindside once she is able to try to find a job. They won't even give her her personnel files. I told her she has a right to them and to contact a lawyer if they won't cough them up.

I did not know about those resources and I thank you so much for them. I will contact them.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 11:45 am
@Arella Mae,
You can get a rapid contact with a EEOC lawyer:

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/employment-law/eeoc?r=ppc|ga|1|Law|EEOC+%2D+1&JPKW=EEOC&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=8568484923&JPAF=txt&JPRC=1&JPCD=20111019&JPMT=b&JPNW=g&JPOP=Janine_TalkLaw2_Test&gclid=CKvVx5Ct_6sCFccbQgodJg0vkA
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 12:22 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I just explained my situation to that site. I am waiting for an answer. I just want to hear something can be done about this. I think right now I just feel hopeless and if I can hear "we can help you" it's going to make it a lot easier going to work in the morning.

Thanx again!
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 12:33 pm
@Arella Mae,
You may have to wait from Monday for a reply. I don't know if they respond on Sunday.

BBB
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:00 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
No, they had people right there online but seriously, I think it's people just looking up answers on the net. I have been researching "creating a hostile work environment." This is exactly what is happening to me:
Quote:
The other way a hostile work environment may be defined is when a boss or manager begins to engage in a manner designed to make you quit in retaliation for your actions. Suppose you report safety violations at work, get injured at work, attempt to join a union, complain to upper level management about a problem at work, or act as a whistleblower in any respect. Then, the company’s response is to do all manner of things to make you quit, like writing you up for work rules you didn’t break, reducing your hours, scheduling you for hours that are in total conflict with what you can do, or reducing your salary. The company’s reaction can be viewed as creating a hostile work environment, one that makes it impossible to work and is an attempt to make you quit so that the employer does not have to pay unemployment benefits.

She is a manager. Everytime I complain to HR she steps up the harassment. I guess whomever answered me just didn't read far enough down the page.

One week Jessica, the daughter, had to work in our Brunswick, GA office and Walter and I had to take care of her customers. No problem there but I got a bit behind in my work. Well, I came in "on my own time" on Good Friday to catch up. The shipping manager was angry I had put two trucks on Monday's schedule so he reported me. Can you believe it? I got written up for being on company property without permission to take care of my job. I had to be written up? He couldn't just say Rusty, I am afraid you cannot do that? I wouldn't have and never have done it again.

I would do whatever it takes for my job. I have tons of emails from the Plant Manager thanking me for being willing to do what it takes to get the job done.

Seriously, I think what has finally happened is Dave is tired. He's tired of the turmoil and his way to solve it is to remove what got broken instead of trying to fix it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I just explained my situation to that site. I am waiting for an answer. I just want to hear something can be done about this.
I think right now I just feel hopeless and if I can hear "we can help you" it's going to make it a lot easier going to work in the morning.

Thanx again!
So far as I understand the applicable federal law,
in order for a hostile work environment and for harassment to be ILLEGAL,
it is necessary that it be directed against one of the protected groups;
those legally protected groups are: race, religion, age and a few others.

I know not the law of Louisiana
( but I know that it sure has GOOD FOOD, in New Orleans ).

David
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Harassment remains a pervasive problem in American workplaces. The number of harassment charges filed with the EEOC and state fair employment practices agencies has risen significantly in recent years. For example, the number of sexual harassment charges has increased from 6,883 in fiscal year 1991 to 15,618 in fiscal year 1998. The number of racial harassment charges rose from 4,910 to 9,908 charges in the same time period.

While the anti-discrimination statutes seek to remedy discrimination, their primary purpose is to prevent violations. The Supreme Court, in Faragher and Ellerth, relied on Commission guidance which has long advised employers to take all necessary steps to prevent harassment.2 The new affirmative defense gives credit for such preventive efforts by an employer, thereby “implement[ing] clear statutory policy and complement[ing] the Government’s Title VII enforcement efforts.”3

The question of liability arises only after there is a determination that unlawful harassment occurred. Harassment does not violate federal law unless it involves discriminatory treatment on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age of 40 or older, disability, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes. Furthermore, the anti-discrimination statutes are not a “general civility code.”4 Thus federal law does not prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not “extremely serious.”5 Rather, the conduct must be “so objectively offensive as to alter the ‘conditions’ of the victim’s employment.”6 The conditions of employment are altered only if the harassment culminated in a tangible employment action or was sufficiently severe or pervasive to create a hostile work environment.7 Existing Commission guidance on the standards for determining whether challenged conduct rises to the level of unlawful harassment remains in effect.

This document supersedes previous Commission guidance on the issue of vicarious liability for harassment by supervisors.8 The Commission’s long-standing guidance on employer liability for harassment by co-workers remains in effect - - an employer is liable if it knew or should have known of the misconduct, unless it can show that it took immediate and appropriate corrective action.9 The standard is the same in the case of non-employees, but the employer’s control over such individuals’ misconduct is considered.10

II. The Vicarious Liability Rule Applies to Unlawful Harassment on All Covered Bases

The rule in Ellerth and Faragher regarding vicarious liability applies to harassment by supervisors based on race, color, sex (whether or not of a sexual nature11), religion, national origin, protected activity,12 age, or disability.13 Thus, employer
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
So as long as I am not in one of those groups she can do this to me? I'm being penalized because she's not doing it because of race, gender, etc? That's just as bloody insane as what is happening.

Okay, just got a notification from a real attorney and he asked for some more information. The head of HR laughed when I said I was going to pray about something..............but that means nothing?

The other person answering me said I was at the mercy of my employer. WHAT???????????? Where is that in the constitution or anything?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
There is a saying here "Louisiana Politics". That is how most explain away things that happen that make no sense.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:40 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
If I understand that correctly, it is saying if they knew but don't do anything about it then they are responsible? I have proof they said that. This is just so insane to me! It's like being in the Twilight Zone. Thank you for posting that and I so hope it applies to my situation. Thank you again!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:56 pm
I just received this answer back. I don't know what to think. I have to have a disability to make this claim? It can't be filed because it's just wrong? I will go to the doctor. I haven't gone thus far because I know they would only want me to take pills. I can't! I am a recovering addict. I can't take medications like that. If I do I might as well kiss my life goodbye.

Quote:
Thank you for your follow-up.

There is likely a way to make this work, although it will involve a few steps. This is essentially back-ending into a possible claim. Here is how:

As your previous expert stated, disability is one of the conditions under which an employee can claim protection and utilize federal law to their advantage. A disability can be mental, physical, psychological, and so forth, and has to be communicated to the company for eligibility. Any employee who is actually disabled, has a history of impairment, or perceived to be impaired is covered. That means that it may be in your best interest to go to a doctor and inform them of the stress and the difficulty that is being felt at work. If the doctor believes and sees that you have a legitimate impairment, he can provide a doctor's note that you can take to the employer. The employer would then have to provide reasonable accommodations, but what is more important in your case, if you are abused or pursued, it can be claimed that it was due to medical disability, which in turn provides you possible grounds for a grievance as well as possible grounds to take workers disability from the employer based on the injury that you were caused at work.

Good luck.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:58 pm
@Arella Mae,
don't take this the wrong way, please...

sometimes in life it is better for ones health and sanity to say, self... this is a crazy situation, and I dont need this crap in my life.

and walk away.

go find a place to work without all the drama. and lawsuits.

life is too short to feed someone else's alternate universe.

(hoping this all works out peachy for you)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
They're replying under federal law. Talk to your local attorney tomorrow. He/she can advise you about applicable LA law.
JPB

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
Here's a link that does a pretty good job of explaining LA labor laws.

http://research.lawyers.com/Louisiana/Employment-Law-in-Louisiana.html
0 Replies