Just a few contradictions in your bible

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:29 pm
@rugonnacry,
I have been critical of Christianity and its We are better than you attitude Chritianity is perfect.

Be critical of my beliefs, point out flaws that is fine.

I do not believe I have ever said that MY beliefs are rioght and everyone esles is wrong.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 03:18 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20320 wrote:
I think you quoted the wrong post, I do not believe we are all sons of god. I believe That no god should be held in higher esteem to ourselves, than ourselves.

All well and good but if 100 of you would land on an island, who would lead and who would follow if life is ti be.
Even old tribes had Kings.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:04 pm
@rugonnacry,
Someone would lead I am sure, but that would not make them a higher god.

Your refrence is like saying the Priest is better than you.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:05 pm
@rugonnacry,
Sum up your belief-system regarding a higher power. Yes, no, what?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:12 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20369 wrote:
Someone would lead I am sure, but that would not make them a higher god.

Your refrence is like saying the Priest is better than you.

I am saying any organization needs leadership regardless of the qualities of the leader. Better worse or in between.
Someone has to decide. Someone has to be more powerful.

Regards
DL
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:46 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20372 wrote:
I am saying any organization needs leadership regardless of the qualities of the leader. Better worse or in between.

Regards
DL

"Lead, follow or get the hell out of my way."
-- U.S. Infantry
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 07:51 pm
@rugonnacry,

If a group grants one person more power does that make them more powerful? Only so long as the group allows it.

Analogy

President of the United States, The most powerful man in the country.

But we the people gave him that power with general election, we the people can take it away with impeachment.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 03:45 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;20374 wrote:
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of my way."
-- U.S. Infantry

Exactly. Leadership is always a requirement.

Regards
DL
Volunteer

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:00 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20297 wrote:
"One of you sets himself up as an atheist/wiccan/sataist. The other sets himself up as a person who reads the Bible and interprets it as though he believes in The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel; and Father of Christ Jesus. In reality, you both believe the same and have an agenda to mislead others into doubt and confusion. "

My purpose in life is to mislead people? Lmao, you have mislead yourselves with that book you all hold so dear.

OH my, the conspirance of ME to over through religion on a political blog board entitled conflicting views has just been discovered, I must run and hide.

Vol I repsect your beliefs, as nieve and ignorant as I believe them to be, they demand respect that you will not bend.

But this last comment, was truly ignorant and made you look like a fool, I suggest you delete it if you expect your words to carry any weight with anyone else (Inccluding your fellow thumpers).

What does respect mean to you?
Volunteer

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:06 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20403 wrote:

Regards
DL

Motives of the leader are more important than the leadership itself. There are different types of leaders. The situational leader leads according to the needs of the organization and circumstance. He/she uses his/her value structure to achieve the aims of the organization. If a person in that organization is working at cross-purposes, that person should be corrected, and if the correction does not taek, expelled from the organization.

Can there be more than one leader in an organization if both leaders are working to different and mutually incompatible goials?

Is the view of those being led important to the credibility of the leader? At what point does this view impact the ability of the leader to lead from position vice earned authority? Do followers owe a leader positional authority?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 08:57 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;20422 wrote:
Motives of the leader are more important than the leadership itself. There are different types of leaders. The situational leader leads according to the needs of the organization and circumstance. He/she uses his/her value structure to achieve the aims of the organization. If a person in that organization is working at cross-purposes, that person should be corrected, and if the correction does not taek, expelled from the organization.

Can there be more than one leader in an organization if both leaders are working to different and mutually incompatible goials?

Is the view of those being led important to the credibility of the leader? At what point does this view impact the ability of the leader to lead from position vice earned authority? Do followers owe a leader positional authority?

On the last question. Yes they do.

On the rest, a scenario would need to be built to say with any accuracy. Expelling members may show a weakness in the leader. A good leader might use others to censure dissenters.

Regards
DL
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:23 am
@rugonnacry,
Gonna Cry,

Dude, will you please state clearly what it is you believe? No offense, but you're speaking in sound-bytes that just don't serve you well here. What do you believe?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:40 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;20459 wrote:
Gonna Cry,

Dude, will you please state clearly what it is you believe? No offense, but you're speaking in sound-bytes that just don't serve you well here. What do you believe?

What is your interest?
I believe many things.

Regards
DL
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 12:19 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20403 wrote:

Regards
DL

But that does not mean an elected Leader is more powerful or better.
rugonnacry

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 12:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;20370 wrote:
Sum up your belief-system regarding a higher power. Yes, no, what?

I do believe there was some form onf intelligent Design, Perhaps giant beings, I don't know, I have never met them to ask them.

Whenever i state this someone says well who created them and who created the creators of the created and so on.

I don't have the answer NO ONE does, which is why so many people need to turn to the bible and God, Because SOME dar i say MOST people NEED that answer.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 12:25 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;20421 wrote:
What does respect mean to you?

Its the definition of respect.

I don't give it out freely to be taken away when somene fuks up. I give it to thos ewho have proved worthy of it.

Your beliefs Demand respect. Not because they are right or wrong, ignorant or divine, but that you truly believe them with all that is your being.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 12:28 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20510 wrote:
But that does not mean an elected Leader is more powerful or better.

Did not say it was.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 09:21 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20241 wrote:
The problem with literal reading is that the Bible shows God as a bungler who can't get anything right. Heaven is screwed up even before the earth is created. He screws up the first man and woman and instead of a quick reboot to start over, He waits till later and kills millions in a flood instead
of two in the beginning.
God the Law maker also breaks His own Law of killing men.

God is Perfect and does only Perfect works.
If your reading does not bring you to this conclusion then you are not reading it correctly.
God must be a winner, not a looser.

Regards
DL

God got it right, it was man and his abuse of his free will that messed things up. Yet even now we see how man wants to put the blame on God.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2007 10:08 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20172 wrote:
I am a non believer but I am well aware of most aspects of the bible ( a few elude me) When a major "religious event" takes place that was prophisized in the bible the people who believe such things throughout history have become more docile and easily conquered, the one that comes immediately to mind is pizzaro conquering the (aztecs right) HE appeared from the sea his hair was light in clour and he had blue eyes, just like th Aztec histories prophesized their god would appear.

Pizzaro conquering the aztecs may of seemed to of fulfilled the prophecy of the Aztec but as it turned out He was not their God. The Bible does tell us that a false Christ would come to deceive the people but it also tells us what to watch for so we will not be deceived. The Bible is filled with details yet it requires study to see them. Often most Christians do not study the Scriptures in this kind of detail and non believers just ignore it all together so many will not be ready when the false Christ appears.
0 Replies

missdixy

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:35 am
@rugonnacry,
I actually got out my bible and read up on a few of those.
I find that interesting, but also I am not surprised there are faults/contradictions in the bible. Everything but God is faulty...including the bible, methinks.