Just a few contradictions in your bible

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 06:42 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24873 wrote:
Mans wisdom in God's eyes is but foolishness. NOVEL IMPOSSIBILITIES?
Don't you know, nothing is impossible with God. I have seen Gods power at work. If God wanted to make a snake talk, it's no big deal. You will never recognize the message of the Bible, until you begin to believe that it is not a Book of lies or fake stories. Homosexuals are not supported in the Scriptures, because the Bible states their lifestyle is not part of God's plan for the human race. God tells us we are to love the sinner yet hate the sin. I dont have an illogical God, yet we live in an illogical world of war and hate that has opposed God from the beginning. And even when the prophecies of the Bible show this Book to speak the truth, this world ignores them.

The Bible is only a set of books chosen by man from a more massive collection.
The question is not so much can God create talking snakes, the question is why would He. Why would He pit a lowly human against a supernatural entity.

If you have studied scripture then you know that it comprises duplications of older religions and their rites and customs. Jesus was there to modernize. We must do the same. Logic helps us with this.

As to gays. Why is God producing them if we are to hate them?
If not in the Bible, is there a reason to hate them in and of themselves. Females included. What is their sin?

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2007 11:02 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24901 wrote:
The question is not so much can God create talking snakes, the question is why would He. Why would He pit a lowly human against a supernatural entity.

If you have studied scripture then you know that it comprises duplications of older religions and their rites and customs. Jesus was there to modernize. We must do the same. Logic helps us with this.

If not in the Bible, is there a reason to hate them in and of themselves. Females included. What is their sin?

Regards
DL

The Bible is written by inspired men of God, and God I'm sure was able to get the Books He wanted together. Even today men are pitted against the Devil. It's called spiritual warfare. I myself have experienced this. The Bible tells us in Ephesians 6:11:12 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalitles, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

As to gays, God produces men and woman, He also tells us that the natural order is for a man to be with a woman. It was never Gods intention for woman to be with woman, and men with men. It is my belief that what is happening throught out the world is of a demonic nature. The devil is working through the minds of many and telling them to do just the oppsite of Gods natural order. It is just part of the rebelion. And I will repeat this again, we are not to hate Gay people. If I hate them I should also hate myself, because we are all sinners.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:25 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25089 wrote:
The Bible is written by inspired men of God, and God I'm sure was able to get the Books He wanted together. Even today men are pitted against the Devil. It's called spiritual warfare. I myself have experienced this. The Bible tells us in Ephesians 6:11:12 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalitles, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

As to gays, God produces men and woman, He also tells us that the natural order is for a man to be with a woman. It was never Gods intention for woman to be with woman, and men with men. It is my belief that what is happening throught out the world is of a demonic nature. The devil is working through the minds of many and telling them to do just the oppsite of Gods natural order. It is just part of the rebelion. And I will repeat this again, we are not to hate Gay people. If I hate them I should also hate myself, because we are all sinners.

We are all sinners all right.
Some of us do not try to justify our sins.
Some like you do.

Regards
DL
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 07:31 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24901 wrote:

Regards
DL

I couldn't agree more, but I have to suppress some of these beliefs as a Catholic. Sometimes our personal theologies clash with their institutional counterparts. We have to learn to live with contradiction and compromise, to some degree. That's life.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2007 09:08 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;25099 wrote:
We are all sinners all right.
Some of us do not try to justify our sins.
Some like you do.

Regards
DL

Please explain what sin I try to Justify? If I do somthing, and I know it is sin you will not see me trying to get the church or anyone else to accept my sin and get use to it. I will agree that what I am doing is wrong in the site of God, and will try to live like the Scriptures instruct us to.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 03:44 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25191 wrote:
Please explain what sin I try to Justify? If I do somthing, and I know it is sin you will not see me trying to get the church or anyone else to accept my sin and get use to it. I will agree that what I am doing is wrong in the site of God, and will try to live like the Scriptures instruct us to.

Go away. I have given up on discussions with you.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 03:48 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;25101 wrote:
I couldn't agree more, but I have to suppress some of these beliefs as a Catholic. Sometimes our personal theologies clash with their institutional counterparts. We have to learn to live with contradiction and compromise, to some degree. That's life.

You can sometimes see the picture in the puzzle without having all the pieces placed.

If the Bible contains both Christ and Antichrist then contradictions are just waiting to find their side.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Adam Bing

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:23 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;17619 wrote:
1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14
10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12
11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13
12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
them
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
13. God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33
15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12
18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men
Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18
God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him
Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in his works.
Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
Deut 6:4
There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/ 1 John 5:7

Bravo
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:38 pm
@imuthis,
imuthis;17794 wrote:
The problem with us is we criticize without even reading and understanding the whole book.

The person who only seek to find fault will never find the truth, because he is looking for fault.
Adam Bing

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:42 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;42479 wrote:
The person who only seek to find fault will never find the truth, because he is looking for fault.

What about the person who blindly follows what he is told without bothering to verify facts?
Brian764

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:49 pm
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;42480 wrote:
What about the person who blindly follows what he is told without bothering to verify facts?

How would you know what I know, for example?
Adam Bing

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 09:24 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;42481 wrote:
How would you know what I know, for example?

I could not possibly know what you know unless I was allowed to access to what you know.

After you provided me such access, I'd still need to verify facts before I agreed that what you know is correct.

I would expect the same investigation into what I claim I know or what Mark, Luke, Matthew and John claimed they knew when they wrote those versions of the Bible that were declared official by Constantine and are now gospel to Christian believers.

As we venture along those lines with the above example, no investigation would be complete unless we also look into why Constantine choose these versions and not the others. Why did he decide that these versions were the word of god and not the others?

The point being, there is only one way to the truth. Objective Investigation. Anything short of that is likely to be tainted.
0 Replies

imuthis

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 01:18 pm
@rugonnacry,
After4 year,I happen to read your response. Sorry guys the debate isn't over yet.
0 Replies

chouma

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:28 am
@imuthis,
Hi Imuthis Jesus did not come for the whole world but He came only for the Children of Israel.
JESUS FOR JEWS ONLY These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them saying, Go ye not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go ye rather unto The Lost Sheep Of The House Of Israel. (HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 10:5-6
And behold a woman of Canaan came ... and cried unto him saying, have mercy on me .. my daughter is seriously possessed with a devil.
But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying. Send her away: for she crieth after us.
But he answered and said,
I am Not Sent But Unto The Lost Sheep Of The House Of Israel.
But she came and knelt before him, saying. Lord, help me.
But he answered her and said,
It is Not Fair To Take The Children's Bread And Cast It To The Dogs. (HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 15:22-26
It goes to the credit of this Jewish prophet, that he practised what he preached. In his lifetime he never converted a single Gentile (non-Jew). And of his hand-picked elect (his twelve disciples), he made sure that they belonged to his tribe so that his other prophecy might Find fulfilment: "when the son of man (Jesus pbuh referring to himself) shall sit on the throne of his glory, ye (the disciples) also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Matthew 19: 28)
0 Replies

chouma

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:55 am
@Brian764,
And do not follow (blindly) any information of which you have no (direct) knowledge.(Using your faculties of perception and conception, you must verify it for yourself. (In the Court of your Lord,) you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning. " (Quran17:36)
0 Replies

anujmath121

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2013 08:51 am
@Drnaline,
So what? They're just religious stories about fallible people, written by fallible people. They're still important to us Christians, and deserve a good read. If you don't like the Bible, put that dang old thang down.
Krumple

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 02:12 am
@anujmath121,
anujmath121 wrote:

So what? They're just religious stories about fallible people, written by fallible people.

Okay good that you admit that the stories are fallible. But the thing is when the bible is being used by political leaders to impose their ideas of morality onto the rest of us who don't follow the theology then it needs to be shown to be a baseless source of morality.

anujmath121 wrote:

They're still important to us Christians, and deserve a good read. If you don't like the Bible, put that dang old thang down.

We are putting the old "thang" down. At the same time some christians will ask why are you putting it down? So the motive needs to be explained. But at the same time perhaps it is useful to remind christians that the book is fallible so why would you trust any of it?

If you are basing your morality on a book that is full of errors and you are adjusting your behavior based on these errors then doesn't that mean the conclusions you come to can also be in error?
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2016 01:46 pm
@rugonnacry,
All dumb

Take the first one...God was satisfied with his Great Angel and dissatisfied with that angel's misuse of his freedom. The contradiction is how stupid you are to not see the difference between the beauty of a free creature in the image of God and the turning of that creature against its Creator.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 06:28 am
@rugonnacry,
As I said, I can answer every one. Just pick one and wait to cry at how dumb you are.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2016 11:23 am
@rugonnacry,
And you've never found an explanation that gave you pause. No, how about this; You never looked for an explanation.

[ they really should only allow people over 21 on here ]
0 Replies