Just a few contradictions in your bible

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 03:31 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;24191 wrote:
I dont get an imaginary being likened to the same as the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy.

I hope i NEVER get it.

Further proof of my point.
Campbell34

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2007 06:02 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24282 wrote:
UHH. Just when did I reject this pass and chose the flame?

Regards
DL

Well if you believe Jesus Christ is your saviour, and you have given your life to Him, and you worship Him alone, then I stand corrected. For it was Jesus who said, "no man comes to the Father but through Him."
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 01:11 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24328 wrote:
Well if you believe Jesus Christ is your saviour, and you have given your life to Him, and you worship Him alone, then I stand corrected. For it was Jesus who said, "no man comes to the Father but through Him."

Yes He may have said it but He would have been wrong. His philosophy should be followed by all Christians, no doubt, but to suggest that He is some kind of bench mark would be false. Too many do and did not know Jesus to make His statement real. He would not disqualify billions.
That statement was likely only for the Christians He was addressing at that time and does not apply to others.

Regards
DL
rugonnacry

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 02:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24285 wrote:
Further proof of my point.

Still searching for your point.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 03:11 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24430 wrote:
Yes He may have said it but He would have been wrong. His philosophy should be followed by all Christians, no doubt, but to suggest that He is some kind of bench mark would be false. Too many do and did not know Jesus to make His statement real. He would not disqualify billions.
That statement was likely only for the Christians He was addressing at that time and does not apply to others.

Regards
DL

Jesus Christ is the bench mark. He was Gods blood sacrifice. He fulfilled the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. He was the lamb that was slain for the sins of the world. He was the one who was to be rejected by His own people. He is the light to the gentiles, He was the one who was to be betrayed by a friend for 30 peices of silver, the prophecies are endless. To ignore them would be foolish. No other man in history fulfilled the 300 prophecies, only Jesus Christ. Jesus did not just call the locals, He is calling the entire world.
He did not fulfill thousands of years of prophecy, to only save a few from His generation.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 05:05 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24443 wrote:
Jesus Christ is the bench mark. He was Gods blood sacrifice. He fulfilled the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. He was the lamb that was slain for the sins of the world. He was the one who was to be rejected by His own people. He is the light to the gentiles, He was the one who was to be betrayed by a friend for 30 peices of silver, the prophecies are endless. To ignore them would be foolish. No other man in history fulfilled the 300 prophecies, only Jesus Christ. Jesus did not just call the locals, He is calling the entire world.
He did not fulfill thousands of years of prophecy, to only save a few from His generation.

Exactly, He was for all.
All sin was forgiven for all for all time. This is why we can say that Hell no longer exists. If it ever did.
Jesus closed the doors of Hell and opened Heaven wide for all of us.

Glad we agree.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 10:55 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24448 wrote:
Exactly, He was for all.
All sin was forgiven for all for all time. This is why we can say that Hell no longer exists. If it ever did.

Glad we agree.

Regards
DL

Yes Jesus did die for all the people of the earth, however there is a requirement that you may of overlooked. Jesus death on the cross was not a blank check for the population of the world.
According to Jesus in John 6:47, the only ones who will have everlasting life are those who BELIEVE on Him. And if you look around at all the religions of the world you will find that there a billions who donot. And you might of over looked the fact that the Bible states that most people will not be saved.
For wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leads to destruction and many there be that go in there at, but narrow is the way that leads to life eternal, and few there be that find it.

I'm sorry, but I don't think we agree.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 07:49 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24448 wrote:
Exactly, He was for all.

Glad we agree.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 07:50 am
@rugonnacry,
2 Timothy 2:14-26, “Remind them of these things, charging them before God not to fight about words; this is in no way profitable and leads to the ruin of the hearers. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth. But avoid irreverent, empty speech, for this will produce an even greater measure of godlessness. And their word will spread like gangrene, among whom are Hymenaeus and Philetus. They have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and are overturning the faith of some. Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, having this inscription:

The Lord knows those who are His, and

Everyone who names the name of the Lord must turn away from unrighteousness.

Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver bowls, but also those of wood and earthenware, some for special use, some for ordinary. So if anyone purifies himself from these things, he will be a special instrument, set apart, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

Flee from youthful passions, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. But reject foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they breed quarrels. The Lord's slave must not quarrel, but must be gentle to everyone, able to teach, and patient, instructing his opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance to know the truth. Then they may come to their senses and escape the Devil's trap, having been captured by him to do his will.”
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 07:50 am
@rugonnacry,
2 Peter 2, “But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, and will bring swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their unrestrained ways, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. In their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. Their condemnation, [pronounced] long ago, is not idle, and their destruction does not sleep.

For if God didn't spare the angels who sinned, but threw them down into Tartarus and delivered them to be kept in chains of darkness until judgment; and if He didn't spare the ancient world, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others, when He brought a flood on the world of the ungodly; and if He reduced the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes and condemned them to ruin, making them an example to those who were going to be ungodly; and if He rescued righteous Lot, distressed by the unrestrained behavior of the immoral for as he lived among them, that righteous man tormented himself day by day with the lawless deeds he saw and heard—then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, especially those who follow the polluting desires of the flesh and despise authority.

Bold, arrogant people! They do not tremble when they blaspheme the glorious ones; however, angels, who are greater in might and power, do not bring a slanderous charge against them before the Lord. But these people, like irrational animals—creatures of instinct born to be caught and destroyed—speak blasphemies about things they don't understand, and in their destruction they too will be destroyed, suffering harm as the payment for unrighteousness. They consider it a pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are blots and blemishes, delighting in their deceptions as they feast with you, having eyes full of adultery and always looking for sin, seducing unstable people, and with hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! By abandoning the straight path, they have gone astray and have followed the path of Balaam, the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness, but received a rebuke for his transgression: a speechless donkey spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet's madness.

These people are springs without water, mists driven by a whirlwind. The gloom of darkness has been reserved for them. For uttering bombastic, empty words, they seduce, by fleshly desires and debauchery, people who have barely escaped from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption, since people are enslaved to whatever defeats them. For if, having escaped the world's impurity through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in these things and defeated, the last state is worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. It has happened to them according to the true proverb: A dog returns to its own vomit, and, "a sow, after washing itself, wallows in the mud."”
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 08:44 am
@Reagaknight,
Volunteer

To believe you, God would have had to goof on the creation of Perfect souls.
This cannot be with a Perfect God.
Are you saying that at the end, God will sit back in Heaven and look at His back 40 and see all of His mistakes.
Please say it isn't so.

Why did Jesus die if that is the case?

Regards
DL
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:46 pm
@rugonnacry,
Who said it was God's intention to make perfect souls in the first place? Basic flaw in your argument.
Campbell34

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 09:58 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24569 wrote:
Volunteer

To believe you, God would have had to goof on the creation of Perfect souls.
This cannot be with a Perfect God.
Are you saying that at the end, God will sit back in Heaven and look at His back 40 and see all of His mistakes.
Please say it isn't so.

Why did Jesus die if that is the case?

Regards
DL

I have no idea where you get this perfect soul from. The Bible tells you humans are not perfect. Yes, God could of made robots that had no free will and could only do good. Yet God is looking for people with a free will to choose to do good.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 07:55 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24608 wrote:
Who said it was God's intention to make perfect souls in the first place? Basic flaw in your argument.

If God cannot make Perfect souls then He is not Perfect.
If not Perfect then how can He be God?

God cannot help but create Perfection.
He began with it and will end with it.
That is why there is no Hell.
That is why the evil we perceive is good for God's plan. The tree was here when God proclaimed that all was good.

If you cannot give Perfection as an attribute to your God then he is not the true god.
I give my God Perfection and I prove as well as I can.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 08:02 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24654 wrote:
I have no idea where you get this perfect soul from. The Bible tells you humans are not perfect. Yes, God could of made robots that had no free will and could only do good. Yet God is looking for people with a free will to choose to do good.

So you think that God creates imperfect souls right?

If Perfection creates imperfection and imperfection creates imperfection, then Perfection does not exist.
If Perfection cannot exist, why does the Bible ask us to strive for Perfection.

If God cannot do Perfection, is this why literal readers of the Bible see God screwing up Heaven with evil angels and screwing up a good earth by allowing evil here as well.
A looser in other words.

Regards
DL
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 12:58 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24673 wrote:
If God cannot make Perfect souls then He is not Perfect.
If not Perfect then how can He be God?

God cannot help but create Perfection.
He began with it and will end with it.
That is why there is no Hell.
That is why the evil we perceive is good for God's plan. The tree was here when God proclaimed that all was good.

If you cannot give Perfection as an attribute to your God then he is not the true god.
I give my God Perfection and I prove as well as I can.

Regards
DL

If God cannot choose to create something imperfect, then he is not perfect.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 01:26 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;24731 wrote:
If God cannot choose to create something imperfect, then he is not perfect.

He likely can. I see nothing imperfect with His systems but I could be wrong.
I have to be guided by the reality around me.
I cannot think of a reason why He ever would create imperfection and nothing in scripture indicates that He would.
In fact, scripture asks us to reach for a greater Perfection with our knowledge of God.

Hebrews 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Can you guide me to why He would chose to mare His Perfect reality with imperfection?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:48 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24674 wrote:
So you think that God creates imperfect souls right?

If Perfection creates imperfection and imperfection creates imperfection, then Perfection does not exist.
If Perfection cannot exist, why does the Bible ask us to strive for Perfection.

If God cannot do Perfection, is this why literal readers of the Bible see God screwing up Heaven with evil angels and screwing up a good earth by allowing evil here as well.
A looser in other words.

Regards
DL

I think your idea of a perfect soul, is a being that has no will of it's own, it must always do the right thing, even if it wants to do the wrong thing because it has no will of its own. Anotherwords A ROBOT.
You really don't get it. FREE WILL, the ability to choose for ones self to do good or evil. The Bible asks us to follow the law, but the Bible clearly tells us all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The Bible also states for there are none that are rightous no not even one. The Bible tells us that our best works before the throne of God are nothing but filthy rags.
Good works will not get you into heaven.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 09:57 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;24760 wrote:
I think your idea of a perfect soul, is a being that has no will of it's own, it must always do the right thing, even if it wants to do the wrong thing because it has no will of its own. Anotherwords A ROBOT.
You really don't get it. FREE WILL, the ability to choose for ones self to do good or evil. The Bible asks us to follow the law, but the Bible clearly tells us all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The Bible also states for there are none that are rightous no not even one. The Bible tells us that our best works before the throne of God are nothing but filthy rags.
Good works will not get you into heaven.

If read literally the Bible also speaks of talking snakes and other novel impossibilities.

It asks us to use logic in dithering out it's message.
You will never recognize the message of the Bible if you go about looking for talking snakes and denigrate God's good works including homosexuals.
Then again God just creates them for you to hate anyway.

Enjoy your divisive illogical God,
I will enjoy my inclusive God as He brings all His children to Heaven instead of blemishing His Perfect reality with a Hell.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2007 10:03 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;24786 wrote:
If read literally the Bible also speaks of talking snakes and other novel impossibilities.

It asks us to use logic in dithering out it's message.
You will never recognize the message of the Bible if you go about looking for talking snakes and denigrate God's good works including homosexuals.
Then again God just creates them for you to hate anyway.

Enjoy your divisive illogical God,
I will enjoy my inclusive God as He brings all His children to Heaven instead of blemishing His Perfect reality with a Hell.

Regards
DL

Mans wisdom in God's eyes is but foolishness. NOVEL IMPOSSIBILITIES?
Don't you know, nothing is impossible with God. I have seen Gods power at work. If God wanted to make a snake talk, it's no big deal. You will never recognize the message of the Bible, until you begin to believe that it is not a Book of lies or fake stories. Homosexuals are not supported in the Scriptures, because the Bible states their lifestyle is not part of God's plan for the human race. God tells us we are to love the sinner yet hate the sin. I dont have an illogical God, yet we live in an illogical world of war and hate that has opposed God from the beginning. And even when the prophecies of the Bible show this Book to speak the truth, this world ignores them.