Just a few contradictions in your bible

rugonnacry

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2007 07:06 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;20170 wrote:
The ones who ordered the gate sealed were non believers in the Bible, I doubt they would of done anything that would help support it's truth. Also, the Moslems who were in a position to break the prophecy failed to do so both in 1917, and 1967, and their failed actions only supported the prophecy all the more. In all cases, it was non believers that fulfilled the prophecy.

I am a non believer but I am well aware of most aspects of the bible ( a few elude me) When a major "religious event" takes place that was prophisized in the bible the people who believe such things throughout history have become more docile and easily conquered, the one that comes immediately to mind is pizzaro conquering the (aztecs right) HE appeared from the sea his hair was light in clour and he had blue eyes, just like th Aztec histories prophesized their god would appear.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:42 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;20079 wrote:
The Bible tells us we should not kill, yet in the past God gave the authority to the Jewish government to do such. The Bible should be taken literally in most cases, and you can see this in the fulfilled prophecies. Jesus Christ fulfilled over 300 prophecies of the Old Testament, and He did this literally. Just as today, the prophecies of the Jews returning to Israel are being fulfilled, literally.
It is Gods desire for the Jews to return to their land. He is doing this so many nations of the world will eventually rise up in a great army to attack them, it is part of Gods bigger plan, which few here on earth understand. God states He is not allowing the Jews to return to Israel not for their sakes, and He tells us they polluted His name where ever they wandered. God is allowing the Jews to return to Israel today to reveal to the world through His power who He is.
This will happen when many nations try to drive the Jews out by force. These nations will experience the same problems as Pharoah experienced when He tried to destroy the Jews at the Red Sea crossing. The Jews are not back in Israel by accident.

The problem with literal reading is that the Bible shows God as a bungler who can't get anything right. Heaven is screwed up even before the earth is created. He screws up the first man and woman and instead of a quick reboot to start over, He waits till later and kills millions in a flood instead
of two in the beginning.
God the Law maker also breaks His own Law of killing men.

God is Perfect and does only Perfect works.
If your reading does not bring you to this conclusion then you are not reading it correctly.
God must be a winner, not a looser.

Regards
DL
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 08:51 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20241 wrote:
The problem with literal reading is that the Bible shows God as a bungler who can't get anything right. Heaven is screwed up even before the earth is created. He screws up the first man and woman and instead of a quick reboot to start over, He waits till later and kills millions in a flood instead
of two in the beginning.
God the Law maker also breaks His own Law of killing men.

God is Perfect and does only Perfect works.
If your reading does not bring you to this conclusion then you are not reading it correctly.
God must be a winner, not a looser.

Regards
DL

You are not reading it correctly.... LMAO That just won me over I am born again I AM SAVED, because all this time I thought

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Was pretty straight forward.... Take your enemies and slaves, kill those who will not be slaves, and **** their wives.

But I could be reading this wrong. LOL
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 09:01 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20243 wrote:
You are not reading it correctly.... LMAO That just won me over I am born again I AM SAVED, because all this time I thought

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Was pretty straight forward.... Take your enemies and slaves, kill those who will not be slaves, and *** their wives.

But I could be reading this wrong. LOL

Jesus was the best and last prophet.
Can you really see Him saying the words you quoted? No.
If you are to read literally and believe in talking snakes and fish that spit out men after three days then the Bible shows such a looser of a God that one would be a fool to read The Bible literally.

If you cannot find the God of Perfection in your reading then either change your reading style or follow someone who can make a winner out of your looser of a God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 09:03 am
@rugonnacry,
The passage from Dueteronomy... How Am I supposed to read it?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 09:11 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20247 wrote:
The passage from Dueteronomy... How Am I supposed to read it?

The carrot and stick philosophy was to end with Jesus. Compassion and love and kindness were to replace them. Hence the forgiveness of sin.

There are many examples of butchery in the Bible, no need to restrict ourselves to what you quote.

Reading the Bible literally like that must mean that you believe in talking snakes and the other colorful characters within. Also literal reading shows such a looser of a God that no one could follow him.

Find the wining God in the Bible and then you are on your way to wisdom.

Regards
DL
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 09:14 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20251 wrote:
The carrot and stick philosophy was to end with Jesus. Compassion and love and kindness were to replace them. Hence the forgiveness of sin.

There are many examples of butchery in the Bible, no need to restrict ourselves to what you quote.

Reading the Bible literally like that must mean that you believe in talking snakes and the other colorful characters within. Also literal reading shows such a looser of a God that no one could follow him.

Find the wining God in the Bible and then you are on your way to wisdom.

Regards
DL

SO Jesus Dieing Absolved GOD of his sins as well? Sweet I hope my Kid can do that.

Lets not restrict it to that ONE passage. But lets start there.

Please do not let this be another "I cant explain so I will avoid the question" Which so many religious people use when approaced with a question.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 01:16 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20252 wrote:
SO Jesus Dieing Absolved GOD of his sins as well? Sweet I hope my Kid can do that.

Lets not restrict it to that ONE passage. But lets start there.

Please do not let this be another "I cant explain so I will avoid the question" Which so many religious people use when approached with a question.

I hate that to, have faith, believe, trust in God, what hogwash when I see this as well. It shows lack of thought. I get fed up being told that God cannot be understood. Bull, if He is not understandable by man then He does not deserve to be our God. Our God must be understood.

If Jesus died for all sin then yes, even God would be absolved if required.
He would have much to pay for otherwise. If you read the Bible literally of course, which I do not.

Back to your point.
God always took responsibility for whatever His creations do or did.
Jesus it seems, thought we needed a reminder.

Jesus was the best and last prophet. He was wholly human, inspired by God but not divine.
If divine then any sacrifice would be just for show and useless.
As a human the sacrifice has meaning.

Regards
DL
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 01:25 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20283 wrote:
I hate that to, have faith, believe, trust in God, what hogwash when I see this as well. It shows lack of thought. I get fed up being told that God cannot be understood. Bull, if He is not understandable by man then He does not deserve to be our God. Our God must be understood.

If Jesus died for all sin then yes, even God would be absolved if required.
He would have much to pay for otherwise. If you read the Bible literally of course, which I do not.

Back to your point.
God always took responsibility for whatever His creations do or did.
Jesus it seems, thought we needed a reminder.

Jesus was the best and last prophet. He was wholly human, inspired by God but not divine.
If divine then any sacrifice would be just for show and useless.
As a human the sacrifice has meaning.

Regards
DL

This is quite possibly the best response a "bible thumper" has ever given.
Volunteer

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 01:35 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20291 wrote:

Do you think people are stupid? Of couse you do.

One of you sets himself up as an atheist/wiccan/sataist. The other sets himself up as a person who reads the Bible and interprets it as though he believes in The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel; and Father of Christ Jesus. In reality, you both believe the same and have an agenda to mislead others into doubt and confusion.

This is the same as the favorite tactic used by our Islamic antagonists. They move into a region; embed in the population; determine the soft points in the major segments of the population; plan to attack softy points on all sides; carry out those attacks in series; and add more violence as cooler headed people attempt to calm the situation through forgiveness. The aim of this behavior/plan is to bring chaos in which lies reign supreme.

Nice try.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 01:41 pm
@rugonnacry,
"One of you sets himself up as an atheist/wiccan/sataist. The other sets himself up as a person who reads the Bible and interprets it as though he believes in The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel; and Father of Christ Jesus. In reality, you both believe the same and have an agenda to mislead others into doubt and confusion. "

My purpose in life is to mislead people? Lmao, you have mislead yourselves with that book you all hold so dear.

OH my, the conspirance of ME to over through religion on a political blog board entitled conflicting views has just been discovered, I must run and hide.

Vol I repsect your beliefs, as nieve and ignorant as I believe them to be, they demand respect that you will not bend.

But this last comment, was truly ignorant and made you look like a fool, I suggest you delete it if you expect your words to carry any weight with anyone else (Inccluding your fellow thumpers).
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 01:53 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20291 wrote:

I try for excellence but rarely get it this quickly.

As for thumping, you will see perhaps that I have few complements on how I interpret the Bible.

For example I think that Eve saved us from the garden of ignorance, Not a fall but a glorious leap into a future. She knew that no history for man would be available there.

Regards
DL
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 01:54 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20302 wrote:
I try for excellence but rarely get it this quickly.

As for thumping, you will see perhaps that I have few complements on how I interpret the Bible.

For example I think that Eve saved us from the garden of ignorance, Not a fall but a glorious leap into a future. She knew that no history for man would be available there.

Regards
DL

NICE... I dont know if I would agree with it or not, but I like the thinking.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:01 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20304 wrote:
NICE... I dont know if I would agree with it or not, but I like the thinking.

Literal reading of the Bible shows a bumbling God who cannot get anything right. Screws up heaven with revolutionary angels then creates an earth with defective humans and then has the audacity to sic Satan on Eve.

Not a nice guy at all.

The reality is that God never failed. All His works are Perfect and continue to be Perfect even to today. Those who give God all the Power He deserves will see this Perfection all around them.

Do you see it or is your God a God who goofs.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:03 pm
@rugonnacry,
Actually My God is ME.. No I do not think I am an all powerful deity that all should worship. But i do believe there is no god held greater than me TO ME... Just as i believe there should be no god held greater to you than YOU.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:07 pm
@rugonnacry,
Be self-centereditarian or whatever you call your beliefs, just don't expect everyone to believe it.
rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:17 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;20313 wrote:
Be self-centereditarian or whatever you call your beliefs, just don't expect everyone to believe it.

Just as you should not expect me to believe in a god that is greater than me yet existence cannot be proved, only hoped and wished for.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:21 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20310 wrote:
Actually My God is ME.. No I do not think I am an all powerful deity that all should worship. But i do believe there is no god held greater than me TO ME... Just as i believe there should be no god held greater to you than YOU.

Heaven is a Perfect communism with a perfectly flat demographic pyramid.
We have to acknowledge that there is only one other level to this pyramid, that of God. One level up and all then can see Him.

Your "we are all son's of God" is OK but all son's must follow.
All must also teach.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:22 pm
@rugonnacry,
I think you quoted the wrong post, I do not believe we are all sons of god. I believe That no god should be held in higher esteem to ourselves, than ourselves.
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2007 02:24 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;20318 wrote:
Just as you should not expect me to believe in a god that is greater than me yet existence cannot be proved, only hoped and wished for.

Whatever you say, I've never tried to do that, you've been very critical of Christianity.
0 Replies