Predict the NFL Super Bowl Champ. Win Big, Big Prizes*!

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:40 pm
The NFL regular season is about over. For the next month there will be playoff games, culminating in the Super Bowl XLIV game on Feb 7th.
There will be much discussion around water coolers after each weekends' games and you will be left standing there with a frozen half-smile and a glazed look in your eyes, perhaps, because you don't know anything about football.

WE CAN HELP YOU! The A2K Road To The Superbowl Pick-um Game is back for another year.
WATCH THIS SPACE!
We will be posting the schedule of Playoff games on Monday, January 4th. All you have to do is pick the winners all the way through to the Super Bowl--all the way through in one sitting. No need to register on Yahoo or ESPN. No need to come back each week to choose the next round. All picks in just one 5-minute investment of your time sometime between January 4th and January 10th when the 1st Wildcard game begins.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FULL DETAILS!

If you think you might play, please let us know so we can plan how many chairs to set up at the Awards Banquet*.

*The part about "Big, Big Prizes" and an "Awards Banquet" is totally bogus. You would have to be really gullible to believe that.
Did you know, by the way, that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?
Look it up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 24 • Views: 63,701 • Replies: 1,028

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
Pulling up a chair..
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:43 pm
it's down to two teams this year, the detroit lions or the toronto blue jays, i'm leaning towards the blue jays
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:57 pm
It's gonna be great. At this moment, I have no idea who to root for. No notion which teams will make it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:58 pm
@djjd62,
Canadians ONLY KNOW curling. Rolling Eyes

They used to know baseball then the back to back World Series made the country collectively cocky. Razz

Oh ... they also understand hockey. But that's like saying fish understand the water in which they swim in. Razz
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 01:58 pm
@djjd62,
The Jays have as good a chance as the Lions.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:00 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm game for this a2k virtual water cooler game.
http://www.analoguemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/john_matthias-stories_from_the_watercooler_b.jpg

I'll be honest. I don't expect to go very far in this expedition but I'll try. Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:08 pm
I'm gonna win this sucker to make up for my abysmal performance in the regular season game.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:21 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

I'm gonna win this sucker to make up for my abysmal performance in the regular season game.

That is one vote for New Orleans to win it all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:21 pm
I've historically done badly at this game, and this year should be no different. My presence will make others feel sharper.
(still hanging in by my sloth toes in fantasy football, though. I don't mean for first place, far from it, just that I got to the playoffs this year. Be very afraid, fbaezer..)
jespah

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 03:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm here and I'm sure RP will be, too, but right now he's downstairs watching some very important television which may involve old Twilight Zone reruns.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 03:35 pm
@jespah,
I got pulled into that room last night on the way from gram's.

saw walter mathau at the libarry, and the late by a day mannekin lady.

then I hadda come back here...

is there to be a half-time show, rjb?

and what about write-in votes?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 03:38 pm
Where are my fellow Patriots well-wishers? The Pats for the big trophy win! http://i47.tinypic.com/1zb9a40.jpg <--- Tom Brady (after his postSuperbowl victory!)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 03:39 pm
I'm here, and I am going to pick the winners, AFTER they have won.
That way, I cant be wrong.

BTW, I brought the popcorn and the beer for the usual BS session after each game if anyone is interested.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 04:36 pm
Go Cards!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 04:40 pm
@Ticomaya,
Phooey Arrow the Cards! Razz
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 05:28 pm
@mysteryman,
For now, I'm bringing some hot apple cider, the day being young yet..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 05:35 pm
@mysteryman,
mm is my new best friend.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 05:38 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

mm is my new best friend.

Have you ever had Pabst Blue Ribbon, Jaye? A fellow redneck's idea of fine quality beer.
JPB

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 05:40 pm
@realjohnboy,
I grew up in a Schlitz household. My BIL from Florida moved to Vt and was a PBR man. My father, who almost never refused a beer, refused to drink PBR with my sister's husband. I think it caused a rift or two.
0 Replies