Fantasty Football 2008

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 01:30 pm
Yep... it is that time again.

I'll set the league up but had a question first:

Do you want to do a keeper league?

For those of you that do not know what that is, we will set up a league and then draft as usual. However, at the end of the year, you get to designate players (usually 2 or 3 players) that are on your team that you get to "Keep" for the next year. This is kind of fun when you have a favorite player on your team and have the same participants year after year.

Otherwise it is all the same rules as usual.

Also, just to get an idea of how many people will be playing, just leave a post and let me know if you are interested.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 33,633 • Replies: 420

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 03:00 pm
Cool, JP. I will be happy to do the trolling for players. Let us know what the size of the league should be. I know that, in baseball, you argued that (as I recall) the league should be limited to 12 because the pool of quality baseball players is not too deep,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 03:20 pm
Oh, no, was that the reason? I was a baseball fool when I signed up. Just now moving upward to baseball dumkopf.. I thought it was more re "just the right size" re available athletes and so on.

Anyway, I'm interested. I know a bit more about football, but haven't done the fantasy game. Already working on my team name.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 03:32 pm
Many of the sub-prime baseball players end up on my team, it seams.

(1) JPinMilw
(2) Realjohnboy
(3) Osso
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 03:32 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Cool, JP. I will be happy to do the trolling for players. Let us know what the size of the league should be. I know that, in baseball, you argued that (as I recall) the league should be limited to 12 because the pool of quality baseball players is not too deep,

I'm thinking 12 is a good size for football too... but see who we can get and if we end up with more interested players we can always expand.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 04:13 pm
Anyone, by the way, is welcome to join in. Knowledge about the NFL is not really needed. Osso and I - and a few other players can attest to that. The time required to play is pretty minimal. Trash-talking about other teams is strongly encouraged.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 09:11 pm
I might be persuaded ....

... now if only I could think of a suitable name.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 09:16 pm
Hmmm ... perhaps the "Ticomaniacs"

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9449/ticomaniacsxl0.jpg

Cower in fear!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 04:50 am
Count me in and a keeper's league is fine with me as I'll probably sign up for the next years as well.

I want to see if my very poor knowledge of football keeps garnering better results than my average knowledge of baseball.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 04:49 pm
It would be a pleasure to join you folks in another battle.
Keeper league, or not, either is fine.
New teams name(hint):
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/238034491_ae5e187d84_m.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 05:01 pm
I think mine is Dognosed Sharks. We'll see. (Smarter sounding than Dognosed Flounders). Where do I sign?

I don't care about the keeper stuff, either way.

I sped read a 2006 fantasy football thread, can tell there's stuff I don't know about the fantasy game already, but I'm less thrown by that news this go-around.

Are there players available like there are on the baseball fantasy game? Well, I'll read dem rules when I get there.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 05:04 pm
My only suggestion is this: As I recall, you restricted the play-offs to the top 6 teams. Fine, but that meant bye-weeks for some. Can we do 8, in order to keep the interest up and avoid the byes? I don't really care; just an idea.
There seem to be no quibbles about the scoring categories. So I would suggest you go ahead and set up the league. PM the folks who have expressed an interest with the Yahoo League name and ID# (or pm that to me and I'll do it) so that they can sign up, and then you could publish it publically on A2K a few days later to fill out the league. Your choice.
Thanks for doing this again. Johnboy
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 05:59 pm
Damn Tico, I was thinking of naming my team the Ticomaniacs but you beat me to it.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 06:05 pm
(1) JPinMilw
(2) Realjohnboy
(3) Osso
(4) Tico
(5) Pantalones
(6) Alex

New players are certainly welcome. Alex, for example, joined the A2K Fantasy Baseball league this season and he is currently in...um, never mind.. He knows more about football.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 08:01 pm
Pantalones wrote:
Damn Tico, I was thinking of naming my team the Ticomaniacs but you beat me to it.

Bwahahahah. <----- [size=8]evil laugh[/size]
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 08:18 pm
Count me in (scared of keeper league).

>starts thinking on name<

>keeps thinking on name<

>realizes his brain is not working<
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:30 am
The Lions aren't even at training camp, and I'm taking shots from realjohnboy. I see how it is going to be.
Alex's rule number one for fantasy football. Do not select your team based on your home team, the Detroit Lions.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 08:38 am
alex240101 wrote:
The Lions aren't even at training camp, and I'm taking shots from realjohnboy. I see how it is going to be.
Alex's rule number one for fantasy football. Do not select your team based on your home team, the Detroit Lions.

But maybe Barry will come out of retirement this year?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 09:28 am
(Jespah said in the baseball league that the Tough Puppies are in, just out of town right now.)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 12:10 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
(1) JPinMilw
(2) Realjohnboy
(3) Osso
(4) Tico
(5) Pantalones
(6) Alex
(7) Fbaezer
(8) Jespah