Sarah Palin, too weird.

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 01:41 pm
CNN just announced Sarah Palin is not only not running for re-election, she intends to resign as Governor of Alaska within a month.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 41 • Views: 35,530 • Replies: 620

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 01:47 pm
@dyslexia,
... because the "decision now allows her to avoid the difficult task of running for president while serving as governor" according to FOXNews.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 01:57 pm
let's hope she gets that job as cashier at the piggly wiggly Nov 5 2012
dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:03 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i was thinking night manager of a 7/11.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:16 pm
@dyslexia,
won't that limit her campaign?

i thought being the closest governor to Russia was her foreign policy bright spot...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:24 pm
I hear she's going to declare herself the second coming of Christie.....
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:25 pm
I'm watching her announcement. It seems to me that she has been remarkably honest and responsible in her decision and her expressed motives for it. She is acting in a consistency with her expressed values and a candid assessment of the situation that is truly unusual in contemporary politics. Those who have pilloried her so viciously and complacently should contemplate the rather grotesque hypocrisy behind many of their actions.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:28 pm
she's a ******* idiot and crazy as a shithouse rat... nothing can change the truth...that ain't pillorying....she should run with Michelle Bachmann....
Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:42 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

Perhaps she'll be required to score very high on a promotion test in order to qualify for the manager position. After all, what is good for firefighters without regard to race or gender ought to be good for former governors, ALSO. Accordingly, her future prospects are dim.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:50 pm
refreshing to see the factual, objective and dispassionate arguments put forward by Bear and Debra. Truly impressive.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:51 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

That would be quite annoying! (I was hoping Palin would run in 2012 and thus the Democrats would win even more easily again.)
djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:53 pm
@georgeob1,
i don't fault her for her drive or ambition

if however, she were to be trampled by a moose tomorrow, it wouldn't break my heart (by the way the same could be said for any number of politicians, both sides of the fence, including my own prime minister and a couple of former liberal prime ministers, yeah i'm talking about you chretin and martin)
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Things a bit slow politically in Germany now that Angela is in charge?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 02:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Not really. We get mixed signals, nearly hourly Wink
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:00 pm
@georgeob1,
well I'll be you CAN learn...
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:24 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

refreshing to see the factual, objective and dispassionate arguments put forward by Bear and Debra. Truly impressive.

Bear and Debra are ******* idiots and crazy as a shithouse rats trapped on a shrimp boat.
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:27 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I believe that shes going to enter into a significant period of facial enhancement so that she can re- emerge into the public light all young and rehotted up.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:29 pm
@farmerman,

Do you really think a facial can help Bear?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
georgie, it's time to face the fact that a woman who makes comments such as "Obama is paling around with terrorists", or better yet, Michelle Bachman is urging people not to fill out the census forms even though it could cause her own district to disapper with the Congresswoman as well, it is tugging on the barest amount of critical thinking their fans can manage. Frankly I agree with Bear, even though it is somewhat insulting to shithouse rats.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:33 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I'm watching her announcement. It seems to me that she has been remarkably honest and responsible in her decision and her expressed motives for it. She is acting in a consistency with her expressed values and a candid assessment of the situation that is truly unusual in contemporary politics. Those who have pilloried her so viciously and complacently should contemplate the rather grotesque hypocrisy behind many of their actions.

That's George's "factual, objective and dispassionate argument", I suppose...

I dunno. I'm still just trying to even make sense of her words. I mean, take this paragraph, straight from her own website - CAPS included:

Quote:
We need those who will respect our Constitution where government’s supposed to serve from the BOTTOM UP, not move toward this TOP DOWN big government take-over… but rather, will be protectors of individual rights - who also have enough common sense to acknowledge when conditions have drastically changed and are willing to call an audible and pass the ball when it’s time so the team can win! And that is what I’m doing!

What does that even mean? And no, the preceding and following paragraph don't provide any additional context to make sense of this with.