Sarah Palin, too weird.

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:53 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
It seems to me that she has been remarkably honest and responsible in her decision and her expressed motives for it. She is acting in a consistency with her expressed values and a candid assessment of the situation

Look at these paras for example:

Quote:
If I have learned one thing: LIFE is about choices!

And one chooses how to react to circumstances. You can choose to engage in things that tear down, or build up. I choose to work very hard on a path for fruitfulness and productivity. I choose NOT to tear down and waste precious time; but to build UP this state and our country, and her industrious, generous, patriotic, free people!

Life is too short to compromise time and resources... it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: "Sit down and shut up", but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and “go with the flow”.

Nah, only dead fish "go with the flow".

No. Productive, fulfilled people determine where to put their efforts, choosing to wisely utilize precious time... to BUILD UP.

So, uh .. she wants to "work very hard on a path for fruitfulness and productivity", so .. she resigns from the only executive governmental office she's ever held.

She wants to "build UP this state and our country", so she resigns as Governor of said state. In order to, instead ... well, that's a bit hazy. To "work for and campaign for those PROUD to be American", in some unspecified way.

Her "choice is to take a stand and effect change", by .. um ... "effect[ing] positive change outside government at this moment in time, on another scale, and actually make a difference for our priorities". We'll get back to you on what that means, and what she's actually going to do that's so much more "fruitful and productive" than, you know, governing a state.

All she can ask now "is that you TRUST me with this decision " but it’s no more “politics as usual”." So that's OK then.

In case you haven't caught on with the redefinition of what words mean, please note the new, Palinesque logic:

• Remaining in office as Governor is the equivalent of "Sitting down and shutting up".
  • Finishing your term as Governor is "a quitter's way out". Actually quitting the office is the opposite.
  • "Hunker[ing] down" and finishing your political term would be "apathetic". Quitting the office prematurely to "work for and campaign" for Americans in unspecified, non-executive ways is taking political responsibility.

Seriously - wtf?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 03:59 pm

She's off to a much better and incredibly more honest start than Obama
and she actually has experience, something PrezBO is just now getting.

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:04 pm
More marvels ..:

Quote:
In fact, this decision comes after much consideration, and finally polling the most important people in my life - my children (where the count was unanimous... well, in response to asking: "Want me to make a positive difference and fight for ALL our children's future from OUTSIDE the Governor's office?" It was four "yes's" and one "hell yeah!"

Well, that sounds like a completely fair and untendentious way to query your children about their thoughts on what you should do. It's clear she gave her children a real choice here to state their thoughts, no matter what they might have been.

Quote:
I think much of it had to do with the kids seeing their baby brother Trig mocked by some pretty mean-spirited adults recently.) Um, by the way, sure wish folks could ever, ever understand that we ALL could learn so much from someone like Trig - I know he needs me, but I need him even more... what a child can offer to set priorities RIGHT " that time is precious... the world needs more "Trigs", not fewer.

Um. Georgeob1, H2o, anyone -- who mocked Trig Palin recently? Who are these mean-spirited adults whom the family heard mocking Trig? What's she talking about?
kickycan

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:04 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
she's a ******* idiot and crazy as a shithouse rat...

That says it all.

You know what's funny? Five minutes ago I was flipping around and I noticed CNN talking about Michael Jackson, and both FoxNews and MSNBC had interrupted all scheduled programming and were alternately praising and denigrating her in the guise of "covering the news." What a ******* joke our news is.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:06 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
Sarah Palin, too weird.

Nuh unh. She's just the perfect amount of weird.

Those late night shows haven't been the same without her.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:14 pm

Sarah Palin has a very good chance of knocking Obama off his fragile pedestal in 2012.

The level of fear Palin creates on the left will dictate how vicious their personal attacks are.
If the left has nothing to fear they won't bother with her, but if they fear an upset in 2012
the left will attack from every angle and make **** up as they go. This will be interesting.
nimh

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Seriously. If you read her speech on paper, it's like having landed in the comments section of some ranty blog. It reads like the posts of some delusional forum warrior, all caps and bombastic grandiloquence, nonsequiturs and seemingly random straw men. It's like Icann wrote it.

This should, in any sane world, be the end of her. TNR quoted even Rich Lowry ("Rambling", "More Gibson/Couric than GOP convention speech") and Ace of Spades ("And that is that. It's over. ") being derisive about her chances. I'm obviously not sorry to see her go - good riddance and all. But that speech just made no sense.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:27 pm

Seriously. Palin can defeat Obama.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
maybe in a menstruating contest.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:36 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,

That would create an entirely different meaning to "Bleeding Heart Liberal", but if
Obama's teleprompter and polling data told him to menstruate... he'll menstruate!

Of course Obama will want to tax all folks capable of menstruating... not you Bear.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 04:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
She's not frightening. She's entertaining.

It makes for an amusing view of American politics from the left side of the big comfy global couch.

0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 05:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Sarah Palin has a very good chance of knocking Obama off his fragile pedestal in 2012.

The level of fear Palin creates on the left will dictate how vicious their personal attacks are.
If the left has nothing to fear they won't bother with her, but if they fear an upset in 2012
the left will attack from every angle and make **** up as they go. This will be interesting.

Kinda what you do on the other side of the coin.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 05:09 pm
The rumor around here has been that Sarah Palin has been consulting with Gov. Mark Sanford ever since he discovered his soulmate and within a month Sarah Palin will announce that she is the egg donor of Michael Jackson's children and she is stepping down in order to establish or regain her parental rights.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 05:21 pm
If she runs for president I will once more be forced to vote for some idiot democrat that wont deliver on 10% of his or her promises. Better a lieing democrat than another conserative republican government with Bush and Cheney people wrecking the world.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 05:40 pm
@H2O MAN,
excellent timing

49 Minutes With Levi Johnston

In town for a few days, the most famous father in Wasilla talks about his possible TV fame and tattoo removal.

Quote:
Levi orders a Coke. Tank explains that they are shopping a book, because there are still many untold stories about the Palins.

Quote:
Leaving the restaurant, Levi offers a firm handshake and a glimpse of his very white teeth. Objectively, his future as a reality star seems bright. He certainly looks the part"great chin, perfect skin, and carefully gelled hair. True, he’s rarely answered a question with more than one sentence, and he claims he doesn’t enjoy having his picture taken. “I even have a hard time looking at a magazine and seeing myself,” he says, sounding sincere. (“I love seeing myself,” Tank mutters.) But when asked how, then, he handled being onstage at the RNC with that serene, gum-chomping smile, Levi just grins. “I can put on a show.”
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 05:50 pm
@dyslexia,
My fist thought, when I heard the news on the radio a few minutes ago, is that some sort of embarrassing/damaging "revelation" connected to her governorship could be in the pipeline. But then, maybe I'm seeing this from the perspective of sudden political resignations in my own country? Generally the abruptly retiring politician gets out as quickly & as gracefully as possible before the **** hits the fan, to avoid public disgrace ... & usually the explanation is to "spend more time with my family". Wink
But we're talking about US politics here. I can't believe for a minute that she believes she's a serious contender for presidency. Or that the Republicans would even consider such a notion after her disastrous impact on their last presidential campaign. Nah, there has to be another, yet to be revealed explanation, for this resignation.
Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 05:55 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

More marvels ..:

[snip]

Who are these mean-spirited adults whom the family heard mocking Trig? What's she talking about?

Found this little comment from a reader on the Juneau Empire website:

Quote:
How many unimportant things did she lie about in that resignation speech? Why does she still insist that blogger who superimposed a conservative talk show host’s face over Trigg’s was somehow making fun of Trigg? Does she expect us to believe that all her kids voted on her “making a difference from outside the gov’s mansion” even Trigg? Really, he voted even though he can’t talk? Did she really resign because she didn’t want to waste money on frivolous travel? Even though she referenced her trip to Kosovo in her rambling speech?

http://www.juneaublogger.com/voxbox/?p=449

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 06:00 pm
@georgeob1,
Hey, georgeob. We've had countless absurd runs for high office here in the US, with some obtaining, but among those who float to the top and not get there, Sarah Palin's run will be memorable. I'll admit that absurd runs cover a variety of political persuasions, including Democrats.

People blowing off steam about it is part of the process.

Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 06:04 pm
From CNN Political Ticker
June 25, 2009

Palin hits back at 'malicious' photo

See also:

http://mnpublius.com/2009/06/for-cryin-out-loud/

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 06:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Tell, me, Georgeob, do you want her to be the US president?