Sarah Palin, too weird.

Advocate

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 01:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It is very rare that you provide supportive material. Moreover, I find that the material you post is usually from a biased source or not really supportive of your assertions.

The settlers claim land that is not personally owned by Pals. The Pals don't own the WB and Gaza. There is no country called Palestine. The land was previously part of the British Mandate. After decades of attacks from the Pals, culminating with those in the'67 War, Israel had every right to move into the WB and Gaza as a war prize and to create a buffer zone to promote peace.

People on this thread have posted material refuting the phony charges that Israel targeted civilians. These charges are amusing inasmuch the Pals do nothing but this.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 01:42 pm
@Advocate,
I often provide supportive material; it's not my fault you don't recognize the difference. Show me where?

Quote:

Stolen Land

November 21, 2006 by attendingtheworld

The data indicate that 40 percent of the land that Israel plans to keep in any future deal with the Palestinians is private.! New York Times.

JERUSALEM, Nov. 20 " An Israeli advocacy group, using maps and figures leaked from inside the government, says that 39 percent of the land held by Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank is privately owned by Palestinians.

Israel has long asserted that it fully respects Palestinian private property in the West Bank and only takes land there legally or, for security reasons, temporarily.

If big sections of those settlements are indeed privately held Palestinian land, that is bound to create embarrassment for Israel and further complicate the already distant prospect of a negotiated peace. The data indicate that 40 percent of the land that Israel plans to keep in any future deal with the Palestinians is private.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 01:46 pm
From BBC:
Quote:

Settlements 'violate Israeli law'
The Maale Adumim settlement in the West Bank
Peace Now: Largest settlement is built on private Palestinian land
More than a third of the Jewish settlements in the West Bank are built on privately owned Palestinian land, an Israeli campaign group has reported.

Peace Now says nearly 40% of the land the settlements sit on is, according to official data, "effectively stolen" from Palestinian landowners
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From Sciencio.com:
Quote:
Israel destroys Palestinian lands
Thursday, 25 September 2008 22:20

"Israeli settlers, living illegally on stolen Palestinian land in the West Bank, burned a number of olive groves belonging to Palestinian families in the villages of Madameh, Burin and Asira al-Kabaliya. In addition, settlers burned a field of crops near the Israeli settlement of Yitzhar, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus."

Source: Land and People

I can find many more if you still think I don't provide sources.
blueflame1

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 08:02 pm
Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce
Affairs on both sides
Updated 5:21pm AKDT

3:51pm - AlaskaReport.com receives letter from Palin lawyer Van Flein (will post soon when we clarify missing information)
AlaskaReport has learned today that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage (including a former Palin staffer) have confirmed the split.

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska.

The Palins were noticeably not speaking to each other at last Sunday's resignation speech in Fairbanks. Sarah ditched Todd (MSNBC) right after the speech and left without him. Sarah removed her wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.

Sarah has recently purchased land in Montana and is considering moving the family there. Sarah Palin is originally from Idaho.

Todd Palin told Fox News last week that he was heading back to his job in the oil fields of Alaska, yet Sarah recently signed a book deal reportedly worth $11 million.

Editor's note: AlaskaReport was the first website to report that Sarah Palin was running for governor of Alaska and the first website to report that Sarah was picked as John McCain's VP candidate.

Sarah Palin on "hurt feelings" - November 5th, 2008
Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin says politicians need to have thick skin "just as I've got" Which of course is hilarious since she quit as Alaska's governor complaining about her hurt feelings from Alaska's bloggers reporting on her numerous ethics violations.
http://alaskareport.com/news39/x71283_divorce_palins.htm
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 08:12 pm
@blueflame1,
More from the "moral majority." LOL
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 08:29 pm
ooops. Sarah Palin divorce reports are untrue, says the ex-governor of Alaska's people

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/08/01/2009-08-01_sarah_palin_denies_reports_she_is_getting_divorced_from_.html#ixzz0N03314wn
Wars and rumors of wars I guess.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 08:58 pm
@blueflame1,
Nothing in snopes.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 07:38 am
@Advocate,
I have sen those maps.
They do NOT say anything about individual oil companies getting parts of Iraq.
You have made that up.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 07:38 am
@dyslexia,
Agreed, and I apologize.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 08:06 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Agreed, and I apologize.
groovy, keep on truckin'
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 08:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
You are such a fraud. You give us, supposedly, cites backing up your contentions. You provide "BBC" and "New York Times, " but don't show where in those massive sources your material can be found. You also cite "Sciencio," but the material cannot be found in that site.
Advocate

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 08:37 am
@mysteryman,
The oil companies would have the right to drill in designated areas.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 08:53 am
@mysteryman,
Please see http://www.globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/185/40693.html
regarding the planned grab by the USA of Iraq's oil.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:17 am
@Advocate,
Advocate, No wonder you are lost about Israel; you still don't know how to Search on Google.

It's a simple matter of typing "sciencio, israel destroys palestinian lands."
Here: http://sciencio.com/astronomy/2-1/129-israel-destroys-palestinian-lands.html

mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:25 am
@Advocate,
From your own link...

Quote:
Among the relevant documents later sent to NSC members, including O'Neill, was one prepared by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). It had already mapped Iraq's oil fields and exploration areas, and listed American corporations likely to be interested in participating in Iraq's petroleum industry. Another DIA document in the package, entitled "Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield Contracts," listed companies from 30 countries -- France, Germany, Russia, and Britain, among others -- their specialties and bidding histories. The attached maps pinpointed "super-giant oil field," "other oil field," and "earmarked for production sharing," and divided the basically undeveloped but oil-rich southwest of Iraq into nine blocks, indicating promising areas for future exploration. (Suskind., p. 96)

So, 30 other countries were also included in the Iraq petroleum industry, not just the US.

Quote:
It recommended maintaining the state-owned Iraq National Oil Company, whose origins dated back to 1961 -- but open it up to foreign investment after an initial period in which U.S.-approved Iraqi managers would supervise the rehabilitation of the war-damaged oil infrastructure.

So, the Us would supervise the repairs, then open it up to FOREIGN INVESTMENT.
Now, depending on how that was meant, forreign investment means any country outside Iraq.

Quote:
On October 11, 2002 the New York Times reported that the Pentagon already had plans to occupy and control Iraq's oilfields.

Standard military procedure, and something that was expected.

Quote:
On October 30, Oil and Gas International revealed that the Bush administration wanted a working group of 12 to 20 people to (a) recommend ways to rehabilitate the Iraqi oil industry "in order to increase oil exports to partially pay for a possible U.S. military occupation government," (b) consider Iraq's continued membership of OPEC, and (c) consider whether to honor contracts Saddam Hussein had granted to non-American oil companies.

So, the Bush admin wanted people to work on a plan to use Iraqi oil to pay for the war?
If I remember correct, the dems applauded that.

Quote:
By late October 2002, columnist Maureen Dowd of the New York Times would later reveal, Halliburton, the energy services company previously headed by Vice President Dick Cheney, had prepared a confidential 500-page document on how to handle Iraq's oil industry after an invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Halliburton is NOT an oil company.
They have neve pumped so much as a gallon of oil out of the ground.

Now, after reading the link you posted, I see a lot of supposition and a lot of guessing, but I dont see anything that confirms the theory that the US oil companies were getting all of the Iraqi oil, or that the Bush admin had maps drawn up allocating the oil fields to US companies.

Your gonna have to do better then that.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
And why should a group of people that "love Science" be listened to when it comes to politics and Israel?

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:27 am
@mysteryman,
Advocate is wrapped way too tight, I think it's pretty much always a waste of time to respond to him/her.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:28 am
@cicerone imposter,
Advocate, Another Jew-hater, Thomas Friedman (a Jew) wrote an article that's in today's San Jose Mercury News. The headline is "Israel must stop playing games - and stop building settlements." In essence, what he is saying is that every Israel leadership has "for the past 40 years has mislead, manipulated or persuaded naive US presidents that since Israel was negotiating to give up significant territory, there was no need to fight." He continues "Behind this charade, Israeli settlers bit off more and more of the West Bank, creating a huge moral, security and economic burden for Israel and its friends." (From the NYT)

Advocate, you are blinded by your own myopia and bias that extends beyond humility and humanity. Wake up!
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
I normally don't like Friedman much, but I do read him because his take is usually somewhat thought provoking.

This column however was very good. As I recall he has just recently spend some time in Israel.