Sarah Palin, too weird.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:58 am
@hawkeye10,
Any visitor to Israel learns very quickly that the Palestinians are not equal citizens. Most are held in fenced in (cement and/or barbed wires) villages with armed guards, and there are road check points everywhere with armed guards. Palestinians are not allowed on many roads, and must take detours that takes them miles away to reach their destination. If that's a democracy, than all countries headed by a tyrant are democracies.
0 Replies

uncannie

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 01:27 pm
So is John McCain. You would think he learned his lesson, but no:

McCain saddened by Palin attacks but predicts resurrection

By Jimmy Orr | 08.02.09

It’s just like the old Huey Lewis song from “Back to the Future” where the occasional doo-wop performer sings about going back in time.

Because hearing John McCain this morning sticking up for Sarah Palin makes it feel like the 2008 campaign season again. It’s like McCain has morphed into Marty McFly. And Palin is perhaps, George McFly. And the media, maybe, is Biff.

Then again, this analogy might be an abject failure.

Regardless, McCain " appearing on CNN’s State of the Union said he was “…saddened by the fact that there are still such vicious attacks on her and her family.”

“I’ve never seen anything quite like it,” he added.

When asked about the former governor’s decision to step down, McCain said it was a decision he supported. “People make decisions, what they think is best for their own future, their state, the country and their family. And I’m not aware of all the influences,” he said.

“Sarah, I think, made, clearly, the best decision,” he added. “I think she will continue to contribute. I think she will continue to be a force.”

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/08/02/mccain-saddened-by-palin-attacks-but-predicts-resurrection/
Advocate

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 02:01 pm
@uncannie,
I wonder how well McCain knows Sarah. Consider that he knew her all of 15 minutes before adding her to his ticket.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 02:11 pm
@Advocate,
What are you talking about? That's a "marriage" made in heaven. LOL
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 02:22 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
I wonder how well McCain knows Sarah. Consider that he knew her all of 15 minutes before adding her to his ticket.

As I recall it was more like three hours, but who's counting....
parados

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 03:13 pm
And in other news....

Quote:
An appearance at the Reagan Library this week never materialized, and even Palin's usually busy Twitter feed, with nearly 129,000 followers, has been tweet-free since last Sunday.

"Last state twitter. Thank you Alaska!" Palin wrote then. "I love you. God bless Alaska. God bless the U.S.A."

Could we be so lucky that we won't hear from her again?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 03:44 pm
@parados,
I'm not sure whether you noticed or not, but Palin's asking for money for her PAC at the bottom of this page.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 05:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hmm, three hours to interview the person who is a chicken bone away from the presidency. That is enough for McCain, who is not too deep a thinker.
panzade

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 05:59 pm
@Advocate,
I think McCain is OK.
I think one of his strategy team came in one day and said:"Hey John, I've got a great idea for your running mate now that Hillary dropped out"
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:09 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

I think McCain is OK.
I think one of his strategy team came in one day and said:"Hey John, I've got a great idea for your running mate now that Hillary dropped out"

i agree. most likely, they also pointed out that he was tracking poorly with the hard right and she could bring them along.

still, to have someone that bizarre in line for the nuclear codes.. mortifying.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:27 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
the story on how and why she was picked is here
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/02/AR2009080202046.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2009073103099
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:00 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

panzade wrote:

I think McCain is OK.

i agree. most likely, they also pointed out that he was tracking poorly
with the hard right and she could bring them along.

still, to have someone that bizarre in line for the nuclear codes.. mortifying.

I did not like McCain much,
but I voted for Sarah for Vice President.

David
panzade

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I did not like McCain much,
but I voted for Sarah for Vice President.

Thinkin outside the box again david...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:03 pm

I can do that.
panzade

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
tip-o-the hat...fascinating stuff
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:14 pm
@panzade,
it seems that Palin was picked out of desperation. It is interesting that the sense that a lot of people had at the time that the McCain organization was disorganized turns out to have been an understatement. McCain seems to have been a spectacularly poor organizational leader. As we now know Palin is even worse. Irregardless of his politics, that McCain was as close to the chair as he was is scary, and not for the reason we had before which is that he tends to be reckless.
panzade

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
so...if McCain had picked Lieberman...what then?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:45 pm
@panzade,
My guess is that McCain would not have destroyed his reputation as he did. I don't have any idea about how the election would have gone, but McCain made it very clear that his VP was going to do nothing while in office. Lieberman could not have compensated for McCains organizational ineptitude.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 03:42 am
i still can't believe he bypassed ridge. doh!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 09:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Dave carefully considered all the VP candidates for intelligence, beliefs, knowledge, and then picked the one with the big boobs.