Sarah Palin, too weird.

Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:21 am
@FreeDuck,
What were her excuses...errr...reasons?

She did not want to be a lame duck? I doubt it.

She wants to pursue other interests? Probably. My guess is there is a 7 figure job out there for her where she does not have to tolerate all the bullshit in politics from the media and the Democrats.

She is an example of why good people would rather not be involved in politics. We are left with the schmucks we currently have in Congress.
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:23 am
@nimh,
No. I meant what I said. Both parties are followed by sheep. You are one of the sheep, I suppose.
0 Replies

JTT

@H2O MAN,
Don't get your panties in a bunch, h2oman. I haven't noticed much of a problem with your typing skills, it's your thinking skills that truly suck.
0 Replies

sozobe

@Yankee,
Leaving a job that she committed to -- she campaigned for and won a four-year position, and is leaving in the middle of it -- to pursue more moolah makes her a good person?
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:25 am
@sozobe,
You tell me. I can not judge from the distance.
sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:26 am
@Yankee,
You just did. You said she's a good person.
JTT

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:31 am
@sozobe,
Nope, but it makes her a virtual clone of G"Can't worry about those people dying in Louisiana, I've got a birthday cake [photo op] to deliver to McCain. Besides, Brownie has things under control"WB.

And this nonsense about being attacked all the time. Since they lost, [was she really the VP candidate or was that just a bad bad nightmare], she's hardly been in the news.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:32 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

She wants to pursue other interests? Probably. My guess is there is a 7 figure job out there for her where she does not have to tolerate all the bullshit in politics from the media and the Democrats.

She is an example of why good people would rather not be involved in politics. We are left with the schmucks we currently have in Congress.

I don't understand. Your last sentence only makes sense if she left because of the pressure. But you said she didn't, so then maybe she's leaving for more money elsewhere? Which kind of sucks for the Alaskans who hired her to solve their tough problems.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:34 am
@Yankee,
By the way, that's a line I keep seeing -- poor persecuted Sarah, all these ethics complaints, so mean. Her own line is that they were all dismissed:

Sarah Palin wrote:

Every one " all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We’ve won!

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/exec-column.php

NOT true:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27105917/

Quote:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday.

panzade

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:49 am
Lt Governor Parnell (Alaska) weighs in on RealClearPolitics

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/07/05/parnell_palin_boehner_hoyer_transcript_97310.html

Quote:
WALLACE: So basically, she was saying that all of the personal attacks, all of the ethics attacks -- that that was preventing her from doing her job. That's why she decided to quit.

PARNELL: Well, and the fact that it cost -- it was costing just about $2 million of state taxpayers' dollars just to fund the staff to deal with the records requests and the like, and that -- that was just over the top, and I think she used the word insane in her -- in her remarks.

Huckabee pooh poohs:

Quote:
WALLACE: Governor Huckabee, almost every politician is on the firing line. You may not have been to the degree as governor of Arkansas that Sarah Palin was once she achieved national prominence. But what about this argument, "I'm doing this for my state because the attacks against me are getting in the way?"

HUCKABEE: Well, if that had been the case for me, I'd have quit about my first month, because I was a Republican governor in a state where 89 percent of my legislature were Democrats.

I had constant ethics complaints filed against me, even by newspaper editors, and a lot of it was because if they can't attack you on policy, what they do -- they just absolutely bombard you with personal attacks and keep you tied up in court, make you hire lawyers. Been there, done that.

I think the Alaskan toilet's about to overflow and she doesn't want to get her petticoats stained.

Media pressure? Hillary's faced worse and not resigned..."it comes with the territory" as Cokie Roberts opined this morning.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:21 am
@sozobe,
When did I say she was a good person? Show me the actual post that says SARAH PALIN IS A GOOD PERSON.

All I said was she was successful. How do you twist that in your little mind?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:26 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

(Emphasis mine.)

If you DON'T think she's a good person, fine.
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:06 am
@sozobe,
Good People...Good Politician...

We are still left with Schmucks.

Now what? Are you one of the haters who think she is to pretty for politics?
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:07 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Yankee wrote:

So far, no scandals have been uncovered. So what's "tough"?

You mean, "tough" like when a Gov. is busted with a hooker or a gay lover or a So American mistress.

So, if she didn't quit because it was tough, why did she quit? Loss of interest in the job?

Her office stated that the reason was because she was a big target and it wasn't fair to the people of Alaska to have a governor who had to spend a lot of time dealing with all these attacks.
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:07 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday.

False and conside the source. MSNBC??? Yea, they are very objective in their reporting, aren;t they?
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:09 am
@Brandon9000,
All she had to do was ignore the assholes or call them out. She did neither.

That is a lame excuse if that is actually what she said (not that I don;t believe you).
sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:14 am
@Yankee,
What's more acceptable to you? Washington Post?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/10/AR2008101003167.html
Quote:
An Alaska state legislative investigator found yesterday that Gov. Sarah Palin abused executive power when she and her husband engaged in a campaign to oust her former brother-in-law from the state police force.

Fox News?

http://origin.foxnews.com/wires/2008Oct10/0,4670,PalinTroopergate,00.html
Quote:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska " Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday. The politically charged inquiry imperiled her reputation as a reformer on John McCain's Republican ticket.

Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:21 am
@sozobe,
Again, FALSE. The entire case should never have been an issue except for you asshole democrats loking for leverage.

How many people has Obama "influenced", or Biden, or Bush, or any politician?

You "fake lilly" Democrats , especially in the media, have had a "thing" for Sarah Palin since the first day you ever heard of her.

My guess is you are jealous of her success, her "whiteness" and her good looks.

Abuse of power......give me a break.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:27 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

All she had to do was ignore the assholes or call them out. She did neither.

That is a lame excuse if that is actually what she said (not that I don;t believe you).

I heard her spokesman say exactly this. Kind of easy for you to say "all she had to do" from the comfort of your arm chair. The real world is a little messier. Resigning isn't exactly on the level of selling nuke secrets to another country.
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:31 am
@Brandon9000,
No, it is not on the level of selling Nukes.

Yet, if that is her real excuse, that is lame.

She champions being the fighter, well, fight the media. It can not be that hard with some of the dumb-asses out there is the world today. For someone as bright as she is, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Now, all she will here is comments from dummies like Soz, etc...