Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 02:26 pm
Nate Bell, Republican State Representative from Arkansas said:

Quote:
I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine?

Funny thing is, we in Boston didn't spend the night cowering in our homes. And no one I know is running out to buy a weapon. We are stronger than that.

And let me tell Nate Bell where he can stick his assault weapons...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 121,078 • Replies: 1,459
Topic Closed

View best answer, chosen by maxdancona
Lustig Andrei

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 02:49 pm
@maxdancona,
As a former Bostonian (lived there most of my life) and one who has often been accused of having a 'liberal' mindset, I can't even imagine cowering behind locked doors in a situation where one -- ok, two -- nut is running around causing havoc. In Boston, I usually had a gun or two in my abode but, again, I can't imagine why that would make any difference in my daily routine and MO.

Nate Bell is one dumb blow-hard.
George

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 02:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Another Rootin' Tootin' Twitter Tough Guy.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 03:03 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Nate Bell, Republican State Representative from Arkansas said:

Quote:
I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine?

Funny thing is, we in Boston didn't spend the night cowering in our homes. And no one I know is running out to buy a weapon. We are stronger than that.

And let me tell Nate Bell where he can stick his assault weapons...

Let me get this straight, Nate mentions the AR-15 with a standard 30
round magazine and then some dumb ass calls it an 'assault weapon'.

Maxipad, you are a weak idiot.

... I'm sure Nate sticks his AR-15 in his safe as most Americans do.
JTT

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 03:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
There is no insanity greater than electing a pathological narcissist as president .

You helped elect Reagan, Bush and Bush, H20man.
RABEL222

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 03:58 pm
@JTT,
I bet that if he dident have a fox news sample ballot to refer too he dident vote at all.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 04:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Fellow Humans: How many of us wish that Nate Bell would drink a big can of Shut the **** Up?
ossobuco

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 04:11 pm
@DrewDad,
Me.
cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Count me in! We have too many Nut Bells in this country.
Lustig Andrei

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 08:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What bothers me is the implication that all people who own no firearms are probably cowardly. Is that how Nutso sees it in his home state of Arkansas?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 09:19 pm
@DrewDad,
Me.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 09:22 pm
@DrewDad,
I tried to post a me but it wouldent let me.
roger

Fri 19 Apr, 2013 09:52 pm
@RABEL222,
Oh, just use the spacebar to make spaces before those words that are sometimes, but not always too short.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
And no one I know is running out to buy a weapon. We are stronger than that.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

If this guy had broken into your home and had started massacring everyone, you'd have been a lot better off with an effective weapon than with a strong willpower.
farmerman

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:28 am
@oralloy,
Catching at least one of them alivce would probably not been an option with a "well armed militia of douche bags".
Knowing Boston, there would have been a lot of beer involved and shotguns and many neighbors woulda been shot by the douche bags.
Amwericas a great country but not too bright. We dont often wait for facts before acting.
It seems the cops got the job done in about 4 days and itll only cost a few billion in lost commerce and overtime for the force.

Theres no "Better way" in a situation like this. Its a bad situation all around and adding more guns in the mix would have escalated the body count even more. Im amazed that, with the bombs and police action, only four people died but of course many were wounded. Was all the lock down needed? Probably in order to make a case to go "balls to the wall" for all cases of terrorism, but having an additional army of drunken gun wielding idiots woulda turned Boston into a version of "BLAZING SADDLES" or "DJANGO"

I was reading how McTag thought a British Bobbie coulda delt with this better. RIGGHT'

"Here now, lets have none of that"
contrex

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:42 am
It would be impolite to mention NORAID, wouldn't it? How, in Boston after the IRA bombing in Warrington on Feb 23rd 1993, there was cheering in the bars & over 1 million dollars raised for the IRA after two young British boys were killed: three-year-old Johnathan Ball and 12-year-old Tim Parr.

edgarblythe

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:20 am
having an additional army of drunken gun wielding idiots woulda turned Boston into a version of "BLAZING SADDLES" or "DJANGO"
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:17 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
And no one I know is running out to buy a weapon. We are stronger than that.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

If this guy had broken into your home and had started massacring everyone, you'd
have been a lot better off with an effective weapon than with a strong willpower.

Agreed.
edgarblythe

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:21 am
I have owned three or four guns in my lifetime, but haven't any now. I am not one to take away small arms and hunting guns. I just want airtight background checks, small ammo clips and outlawing assault weapons. The reason I don't own a gun, it seemed more dangerous, not less, having one. It seemed necessary to take it out and confront situations on occasion, though I never actually shot at anybody. Not having a gun, these occasions have not once presented themselves to me and I actually feel safer.
George

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:37 am
@contrex,
i don't remember that particular incident, but I know that money was
raised for NORAID in parts of Boston, money that went to support
terrorism. Boston has had more than its share of shameful incidents and
that was certainly one of them.

It is something we need to be reminded of.
0 Replies