Thu 20 Aug, 2015 09:54 am
When I was ordained as a Christian minister many years ago Christianity was a different creature. It cared for people rather than shunning them for right wing talking points. I was taught then that when someone is persecuted they become a "priority". With all the incarcerations and senseless killings of unarmed black people I have to agree, the point is not that all lives matter but that specifically BLACK LIVES MATTER. It is the compassionate way of the heart. Were the tables turned and they are in some cases then white lives matter and were it in Iraq then Christian lives matter. Muslim lives matter where and when they are persecuted. I am a white guy and until black people are lifted out of this murderous racial disparity wherever they are persecuted I will continue to fight specifically for the black lives matter coalition. In Iran, Jewish lives matter and in Israel, Palestinian lives matter... In Russia (and around the world) the lives of LGBT people matter... In Europe Syrian lives matter...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 45 • Views: 151,085 • Replies: 3,498
Topic Closed

Foofie

Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:05 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

When I was ordained as a Christian minister many years ago Christianity was a different creature. It cared for people rather than shunning them for right wing talking points. I was taught then that when someone is persecuted they become a "priority". With all the incarcerations and senseless killings of unarmed black people I have to agree, the point is not that all lives matter but that specifically BLACK LIVES MATTER. It is the compassionate way of the heart. Were the tables turned and they are in some cases then white lives matter and were it in Iraq then Christian lives matter. Muslim lives matter where and when they are persecuted. I am a white guy and until black people are lifted out of this murderous racial disparity wherever they are persecuted I will continue to fight specifically for the black lives matter coalition. In Iran, Jewish lives matter and in Israel, Palestinian lives matter... In Russia (and around the world) the lives of LGBT people matter... In Europe Syrian lives matter...

In the spirit of an even playing field, for those that are not Christian ministers, it might be a better argument to say that one should be concerned with lives of a specific group, if that group cares about the lives of one's own group.

It might just turn out that there are many self-absorbed folks, and gratitude might not be high on the agenda.

TheCobbler

Thu 20 Aug, 2015 08:27 pm
@Foofie,
Unconditional love is given by those who are unselfish and unfettered by racism, greed and self aggrandizement.

The problem is people are always looking for what they can get rather than what they can do to give. Support and help for others who are targeted by the worst elements of society is rewarding in itself.

If you are looking for gratitude and praise then go hire a hooker.

Unconditional love is exactly that, unconditional.
You don't have to be religious to give such love, all you have to do is have a heart.
HesDeltanCaptain

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 05:43 am
@TheCobbler,
Life matters. Moment you hyphenate it though as with black-lives or other-lives you minimize the value of that life.
TheCobbler

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 08:51 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Racism and slavery have diminished the importance of black lives throughout history while the racist white masses go along with it like sheep. The self proclaimed fortunate live in the lap of luxury while others are treated like their beasts of burden.

When the importance of "some" lives are marginalized then the only recourse it to state the obvious! To emphasize the lesser over the greater. To exalt the brutalized few over the privileged many.

To restore dignity and pride to those afflicted by socially accepted hate and prejudice, to force open the blind eye to the inexplicable inequality and injustice!

To rip down the flags and symbols of oppression and restore racial balance and social harmony.

White hillbillies screaming for immigrants to go home? The American Indian agrees!

Ignorance only perpetuates the problem. Racists will be racists so the only solution is hunt these racists down and bring them face to face with the self evident truth and immutable law that we are all one race... THE HUMAN RACE!

The antithesis is that racist lives (and opinions) don't matter... That is the unspoken truth! Abraham Lincoln and the civil war taught us that great lesson! It is of a certainty still true today.
Foofie

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 10:41 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Unconditional love is given by those who are unselfish and unfettered by racism, greed and self aggrandizement.

The problem is people are always looking for what they can get rather than what they can do to give. Support and help for others who are targeted by the worst elements of society is rewarding in itself.

Unconditional love is exactly that, unconditional.
You don't have to be religious to give such love, all you have to do is have a heart.

When have the masses become Saints? Unconditional love is usually for one's children, not strangers. Please understand that your proselytizing is not going to be appropriate for everyone in a country where one has the right to pursue happiness, and not spend one's time being a Saint. Other people's problems do not have to be my problems, just because you are offensively proselytizing (offensively, since you told me to hire a prostitute, if I want gratitude and praise).

I do not want your gratitude nor praise, so I'll give you a lump of coal for Christmas. You play fast and furious with definitions. People "have a heart" for those close to them. Didn't anyone ever tell you as a child to avoid strangers?

P.S. This is not an official Christian nation. No one has to act Christ like. Just do nothing illegal.
TheCobbler

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 01:15 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11406996_1440047432983787_503933194201952303_n.jpg?oh=ea615a2e5a6f48bde5a74bd87ef676d4&oe=567D7B4D
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 01:21 pm
@Foofie,
I would like to know what "ethical" law book you are quoting from.

Sounds more like Ayn Rand hypocrisy...

To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I.'
Ayn Rand

Or Ayn, one could say "You are loved"... and demonstrate it by kind deeds and charitable actions." Words are empty without supplications.
Linkat

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 02:23 pm
@TheCobbler,
You make some good points and too be honest, I had never thought of it that why. It does make more sense to me now why you might say Black Lives Matter. I had the opinion before well darn it all lives matter - it is almost like if someone is being bullied you step in and help them - you are in a stronger position. You basically should help those that need the help; not that others are not as important, simply at the moment a certain individual(s) or group may need the help more than another.
TheCobbler

Fri 21 Aug, 2015 02:36 pm
@Linkat,
Thank you affirming this and for also expanding my own understanding with your insightful reply.

0 Replies

korkamann

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 08:50 am
@TheCobbler,
Excellent post, Cobbler! Right to the heart of the matter. I congratulate you on your brilliant capacity to understand. Our species, most of the time, is quite difficult to fathom.
TheCobbler

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 09:31 am
@korkamann,
This post has been a conduit to meeting the nicest people too! Thanks for reading and understanding.

It seems that a racist lowers themselves below the human status, otherwise we are all part of the same natural tree of life. Smile
0 Replies

Miller

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 09:49 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Gratitude and praise? That's not what a high class madam wants. Show her your dough, Bro and then ,you'll get your Blow!

Peace be with all the "peace makers" and God bless all the "Ladies of the Street"!
TheCobbler

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 09:51 am
@Miller,
Lol! You can buy gratitude and praise for less than most may think. Smile
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:57 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
If you'd like an understanding of the words behind the movement, I'll be glad to share it with you.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 05:59 am
@TheCobbler,
Hey Cobbler. I feel confident that you mean well with your "unconditional love" comment, but it's nutty. Unconditional love is reserved for one's own children. There are rightful conditions placed on our relationships with everyone else.
Foofie

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:20 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I would like to know what "ethical" law book you are quoting from.

Sounds more like Ayn Rand hypocrisy...

To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I.'
Ayn Rand

Or Ayn, one could say "You are loved"... and demonstrate it by kind deeds and charitable actions." Words are empty without supplications.

Did I quote an ethical law book? Not that I know of. Regardless, I am not interested in eveyone's concerns. That is my right as a citizen. I am not obligated even to vote, marry, or listen to the news, nor read the news. I can be a very good citizen by just living a solitary existence. Anyone who criticizes that mode of existence, and doesn't know me, seems to me to be assigning to themselves my business. Good-bye.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:29 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Hey Cobbler. I feel confident that you mean well with your "unconditional love" comment, but it's nutty. Unconditional love is reserved for one's own children. There are rightful conditions placed on our relationships with everyone else.

As the saying goes, "to have a friend, one must be a friend." The inference being the need for reciprocity in a relationship. So, since young children cannot take care of a parent, no reciprocity is required; however, caring for another demographic's concerns, when that demographic cares little about my concerns, I have to back away, and let others with a more universal love handle the load. Otherwise, my concern/love would just be "self-sacrificing," while leaving/putting my concerns on the proverbial back-burner. Somehow that would appear like my being a SUCKER (aka, exploited)! And, only Jesus died for our sins, please don't make me Jesus.
TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 08:15 am
@Foofie,
Life is about self sacrifice, not selfishness.

Try it sometime it is rewarding.

When I see a person working for free at a soup kitchen I am humbled beyond words.

And these parents that think charity is only for their kids are probably the most horrible parents... They breed hate like a virus.

We are all born with various strengths and weaknesses, talents. Some are born beautiful and some are born smart. ...and a rainbow of variations in between, we all embrace each other and fit together like puzzle pieces that make a picture of the beautiful grandness of this wondrous life.

If you refuse to fit in someone else will have to fill in your vacancy.

Many will gladly stand in your place and shine but some are left with an emptiness where love should be realized...
Lash

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:59 am
@TheCobbler,
There is an enormous gulf between unconditional love and doing for others. Plenty of people have donated their time, energy, money for others. That's not unconditional love - it's basic decency.