bobsal u1553115

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 07:56 am
Expert: Video shows slain boy's hands in pockets when shot
Source: Associated Press

Expert: Video shows slain boy's hands in pockets when shot

Updated 9:40 pm, Saturday, December 5, 2015

CLEVELAND (AP) — A 12-year-old boy killed by Cleveland police last year had his hands in his pockets when he was shot and wasn't reaching for the pellet gun he was carrying, according to an expert hired by the boy's family to review a frame-by-frame video of the deadly encounter.

Tamir Rice did not have enough time to remove his hands from his pockets before being shot and his hands were not visible to the officer, according to the report released late Friday night by attorneys for Tamir's family.

The new report and two others from experts already used by the family are the latest analysis of evidence to be released as a grand jury considers whether to bring charges against the officers in Tamir's death.

The boy was shot after authorities received a report of a man pointing and waving a gun outside a recreation center in November 2014. The rookie officer who fired at Tamir, Timothy Loehmann, told investigators he repeatedly ordered the boy to "show me your hands" then saw him pulling a weapon from his waistband before opening fire.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Expert-Video-shows-slain-boy-s-hands-in-pockets-6677702.php
BillRM

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 10:11 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The fool that removed the ban on the toy labeling it as a toy should be charge assuming it was not the child himself but other then that I just do not see how anyone should be charge for this sad event.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 05:05 pm
@BillRM,
In that the kid had his hands in his pockets and was shot less than two seconds after the cop got there, I think you need your head examined for working so hard to defend an officer that was recommended for dismissal for among other things an inability to master his side arms by his precious department.

Btw, I attended the City of Marble Falls Police Christmas dinner last night where they recognized these two cops:

I wish everyone had the quality of police Marble Falls has.

bobsal u1553115

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 05:08 pm
Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer
Source: yahoo news

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Wichita police say a black 17-year-old who was shot and wounded by a white police officer as he ran with a gun toward a high school gymnasium was a documented gang member who was registered as a student at the school.

At a news conference Saturday afternoon, Police Chief Nelson Mosley said a 20-year veteran of the police department fired several shots at the teen, whose name was not released, after the youth ignored repeated warnings to stop.

The incident happened after officers stopped a pickup truck as it was pulling into the parking lot of West High School around 6:30 p.m. Friday. Mosley said officers had been watching the truck after it left a Wichita home where police were told suspects in a double homicide earlier in the week might be located.

Four males were in the pickup truck when it was stopped in the parking lot, and one of them got out and started running, the chief said.

After being shot, the teen ran for about 100 yards before surrendering to police, Nelson said. The boy was treated at the scene before being taken to a local hospital in critical but stable condition.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/armed-teenager-running-toward-school-shot-police-officer-234129794.html
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 6 Dec, 2015 05:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I wish everyone had the quality of police Marble Falls has.

http://www.clrsearch.com/Demographic?state_id=67703&city_id=53436&place=Marble+Falls%2C+TX&state=Texas&chart=crimestatistics
The quality of policing is in large part determined by the crime rate. At least it is by sane people. You might be happy to have inferior policing, but I am not.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 7 Dec, 2015 02:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
From the people your real estate agents got their little graph from:

2015 Crime (Projected Data)* Incidents
Aggravated Assault 11
Arson 0
Burglary 38
Forcible Rape 7
Larceny and Theft 229
Motor Vehicle Theft 4
Murder and Manslaughter 0
Robbery 0
Crime Rate (Total Incidents) 278
Property Crime 270
Violent Crime 18

And that cop shooting that suspect would have helped how????

Now be that Zenny kind of guy you are and do your home town.
hawkeye10

Mon 7 Dec, 2015 02:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Considering that the department has had to shrink from 25 sworn officers to 17 because of budget cuts since 12 I would not be expecting great things with the crime rate. We had the same budget problems in Olympia, for instance we went from having five beats cops assigned to patrol downtown to zero, and things got out of hand fast. They are as of this year finally back to the budget they had before the Great Recession, but it does not buy as much, and the crime is worse.

http://www.ci.marble-falls.tx.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/1402
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 8 Dec, 2015 11:52 pm
Chicago police commander on trial for putting gun in suspect's mouth
Source: Yahoo! News / Reuters

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A Chicago police commander who had been praised for his crime fighting in some of the city's roughest neighborhoods "crossed the line" into criminal conduct when he put a gun in a suspect's mouth, a prosecutor said on Tuesday.

Glenn Evans, relieved of his duties last year pending the outcome of his case, went on trial in Chicago on Tuesday for aggravated battery and official misconduct in the Jan. 30, 2013 arrest of Rickey Williams, 25. Both men are black.

Evans' actions had "no legal justification," Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Frank Lamas told Judge Diane Cannon at the start of the bench trial.

"The defendant clearly crossed the line, hiding behind his badge and commander's title," Lamas said. Evans also put a Taser to Williams' groin during his arrest for reckless conduct, prosecutors said.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-commander-faces-trial-putting-gun-suspects-120230471.html
BillRM

Wed 9 Dec, 2015 12:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
An we know that the officer did anything wrong before his day in court because of what?

It would seems that black police officers lives does not matter either.
snood

Wed 9 Dec, 2015 02:42 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

An we know that the officer did anything wrong before his day in court because of what?

It would seems that black police officers lives does not matter either.

I'm not sure but I find it highly dubious that either putting one's gun barrel in a suspect's mouth, or holding a tazer to his genitals would be found in any official Police SOP.
BillRM

Wed 9 Dec, 2015 03:57 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I'm not sure but I find it highly dubious that either putting one's gun barrel in a suspect's mouth, or holding a tazer to his genitals would be found in any official Police SOP.

An that had been found to had happen in court and next placing a deadly weapon at someone head to get a dangerous person to stop resisting is not unknown.

Never hear of the tazer to genital method but if the man was resisting so what?

Police are allowed to used reasonable force to arrested and control a person and no jury had found as yet if he did or did not used reasonable force.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 08:52 am
@snood,
And yet TonyRM believes every citizen shot by cops had it coming. All the due process they get is lead.

Bill doesn't get it: that cop pulled his crap on tape. He did it and all the trial is about is him being given a chance to justify the actions he was taped taped committing.
snood

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 11:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

And yet TonyRM believes every citizen shot by cops had it coming. All the due process they get is lead.

Bill doesn't get it: that cop pulled his crap on tape. He did it and all the trial is about is him being given a chance to justify the actions he was taped taped committing.

Yeah... Acknowledging the reality of so many sick, sociopathic cops would explode their tiny brains, and crush their microscopic morality.
edgarblythe

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 11:46 am
As far back as the 1950s, I recall a passage in a book by Phillip Wylie, in which he states that mental studies of police officers are never made public, because they are identical to studies of criminals. I don't recall which book it was in, as I was reading all of his works as fast as I could find them. Possibly Generation of Vipers. Over the years I have seen that the statement was true, at least for a sizable portion of them. Right now, video cameras are doing what no study could ever accomplish. Turning public perception to a need to address the abuses.
BillRM

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
So you get your information from novels?

Bring to mind the story that President Jackson shot a traitor on the White House Lawn that is still ask about on White House tours.

It was a throw away line in the movie Swordfish.

Then again as a child I made gunpowder from information in a Piper novel; but my feeling is still that Wylie was just bullshitting.
TheCobbler

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 05:27 pm
#BREAKING: A Delaware police officer who was caught on camera kicking a man in the face was found not guilty of assault by a jury Tuesday. DETAILS HERE: http://on.nbc10.com/8Iq06P5
https://www.facebook.com/nbcphiladelphia/videos/10153763459047232/

What kind of twisted conscienceless jury finds an officer not guilty of assault after watching this?!!!
BillRM

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 05:28 pm
@snood,
Quote:
many sick, sociopathic cops would explode their tiny brains,

I would suggest if you are being attacked or having your home broken into in the middle of the night that you do not called the cops for help then.
edgarblythe

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 10:48 pm
@BillRM,
If you ever read Generation of Vipers, you would realize how wrong your post was. It was a collection of essays.
BillRM

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 11:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
So a collection of opinion essays is more likely to have their facts straight then other writings?

Perhaps true but this book was written in 1942 that would mean any testing is base on the state of the art of personality testings done sometime before 1942.

bobsal u1553115

Fri 11 Dec, 2015 11:40 pm
Officer guilty of raping black women 'picked the wrong lady'
Source: Associated Press

Officer guilty of raping black women 'picked the wrong lady'

Sean Murphy, Associated Press

Updated 2:38 pm, Friday, December 11, 2015

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A "serial rapist with a badge" who faces many years in prison for raping black women on his police beat was caught because of the courage of a grandmother who refused to remain silent after he sexually assaulted her, her lawyer said Friday.

"He just picked the wrong lady to stop that night," said Jannie Ligons, whose police complaint triggered the investigation that led to charges Daniel Holtzclaw victimized 13 women as an Oklahoma City Police officer. "I wanted to make sure this wouldn't happen again, no way no how."

The conviction of Holtzclaw Thursday night on rape, sexual battery and other charges should send a strong message nationwide, said attorney Benjamin Crump, who said he plans to sue the city for civil damages. "Black women's lives matter. It mattered just as if this were a group of 13 white women."

Investigators found other victims through records of the background checks Holtzclaw had requested, and noticed that in many cases, the GPS locator in his squad car was switched off. He was fired and then jailed as other victims emerged.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Ex-Oklahoma-cop-s-rape-conviction-symbol-of-6690904.php
0 Replies