TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 10:13 am
@Lash,
We may be splitting hairs, I understand your point but unconditional love is a part of basic decency.

Charity = unconditional love.

Human charity is basic decency

Smile
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:10 pm
I actually get why the "Black Lives Matter" group gets bent out of shape when someone says All Lives Matter, but, frankly, tough. Pick a better slogan.

Obviously black lives matter and all lives matter which is why so many ordinary American considers the controversy insane.

This, though, is what comes from the modern college campus environment and its obsessions with micro-aggressions and right-think.

If you have a message you want people to hear and understand it is up to you to communicate it properly, not to adopt a slogan you like and then get angry when people draw logical conclusions from it which you may not intend. Storming a lectern and taking away someone's right to free speech is bullying, aggressive behavior and is not going to win sympathizers outside of the campus or left-wing website.

You have the right to speak. You don't have the right to be agreed with. And taking every comment made by someone with whom you don't agree and classifying them as "violence towards an oppressed minority" is simply a lousy debate tactic.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton, but I give her a lot of credit for her performance in her recent "discussion" worth Black Lives Matter. That guy didn't want to discuss anything, he wanted to lecture her.

I also had to laugh when two of it's members stormed Bernie Sanders speech and one woman could be heard screeching at the top of her lungs "I am a rational person!"

I have no idea what this group wants because they cannot communicate without obtuse political gobbledy-gook. You make points by being clear, and persuasive, not by trying to see how many slogans you can pack into your message.

Lash

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:39 pm
@TheCobbler,
I don't think so, buddy. I think words' meanings should be taken seriously. Unconditional love means loving someone no matter what they do or say.

I say you can destroy your life operating like that, and the only people that MAY merit that treatment might be our children.

Words. Meaning. Not to be overlooked, I say.

Charity is giving, but I don't like the connotation - even though I love the denotation. It still seems to cheapen the act of giving to people who you expect nothing from in return. Charity seems like you're knocking yourself out to do something for someone else from your superior perch. I think giving should be something we all do. No matter how low we may be, we can always find someone who needs what we can give.

Giving.
TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:16 pm
@Lash,
Love does not need to be returned or even appreciated.

I put money into a charity, I do it all the time, I don't know where it goes other than to (I hope) some unfortunate person I do not even know at all. No conditions, no stings and no expectations in return. Other than the charity honor my charity by seeing someone is helped. I am a man but I would still donate money to planned parenthood so that some woman who is raped can get an abortion. That is love too.

Conditional love is NOT love, it is a wage, blackmail, payment. Real love is not for sale... (maybe sex though)

If you do this ( blah, blah blah), then I will love you... REAL love is there even in our darkest hour.

Often we are loved by someone and it may take a while (even years) before we realize the enormous heart behind it, and this moves us to grow and become better human beings.
TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:34 pm
It seems the underlying implication some people are making is that Black people don't appreciate things or deserve love unconditionally...

Tell that to the white trash heroin addicts that recently moved out of my building (with their two children) and left the apartment in total ruin.

The very idea that some particular race is lazy, less intelligent, prone to violence or underserving of unconditional love is abhorrent!!!!!!

I would even help the crack addict parents (and hope it does not go to crack).

Sometimes I give the local drunk spare change. He may remember and look at me someday as an angel who was charitable when no one else was.

I was not born yesterday and I know when I am being used. That is okay, use me...

Use me and deep in your heart you will never be able to escape the feeling that you owe me something in return. I may never be there to collect and that is fine with me, I am rich in love. It will eat at you and one day you may realize the love behind my intensions.

It is not the monetary gift that changes a person, it is the free and unconditional love that works on the heart and may one day bring about healing... If you don't care about healing or contributing something to this world or others then your life is vain.

If you do not care about others in this way then it is you who are deprived of love and no amount of gold and riches can fill this empty void. Only REAL unconditional love with no stings attached fills this void...

We are not owed this love and don't expect it but when it comes, never take it for granted...
Lash

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:39 pm
@TheCobbler,
If a person hurts you - leave them. If a man beats you, leave him. If your mom or dad abuses you, tell someone and testify. If someone makes you feel bad about yourself, don't continue to offer yourself up for abuse.

There are conditions you will not accept.

Unconditional love, many times, makes you an abused doormat. It's a joke. Don't do it.

0 Replies

Lash

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:41 pm
@TheCobbler,
You seem like a dangerous enabler that actually does expect something in return. I'll leave you to your misguided sainthood.
TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Blacks are targeted by law enforcement, young unarmed teens are shot in the back. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Does that also only apply to whites? When this starts to happen to white people on a regular basis than the situation should be reversed or at least the aggression has become balanced across the board.

This constant disparity would turn any person of any race and color "irrational".

I am angry about what is happening to blacks don't expect me to be rational about this either.

There is nothing humorous about this hate born out of racism and fascist white privilege.

We have black people today purposefully being disenfranchised at the ballot box LONG LINES (only in predominantly black districts).

Black lives matter and so do black votes!!!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:49 pm
@Lash,
Do you want to call me names?

You seem like a stingy racist bitch...
Lash

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:00 pm
@TheCobbler,
Where's that unconditional love, Cobbler? You spoke so convincingly about it for...****, 2 pages. What happened? The crack whores are so much easier to love unconditionally than a woman who questions you online?

That's a powerful love, Cobbler. Please tell us more.

snood

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
How dare you float some hippie nonsense espousing the existence of unconditional love in this rotten world, Cobbler!? What are ya, some kind of cultist?!?
TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:20 pm
I am not an enabler...

I if give someone money for baby diapers or food and they go buy alcohol with it and leave the baby in stinky diapers or hungry, well, As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

I am not a fool...

And how many times should we forgive someone?

Matthew 18
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Comment: I do not believe in the Bible but I do believe in truth.

One day back when I used to attend church my sister and I were riding in a car together and I saw a man who I had noticed at a fellowship meeting.

I asked my sister to pull over the car so we could speak to him.

I rolled down the window and simply asked him if he was coming to fellowship. He mumbled something incoherent and walked off.

We went to fellowship a few nights later and a friend of my sister told her that this man at the time we stopped him was heading out to commit suicide.

He had been fighting his ex-wife over the custody of their daughter.

This man said that when we stopped that, "I looked like an angel.".

Needless to say that day the man did not kill himself.

Love is not always in the form of beer money...

Love manifests itself in many forms.

And should I be ashamed for studying the holy books?

Belittle me for seeking inspiration and enlightenment if it make you feel better about yourself. Step on me if it gives the false feeling of power.

It won't be there first time I have been used as someone's doormat.

The church once told my mother that if she did not disown me, her gay son, that she was no longer welcome at the church. So my mother left the church.
I was a grown man at the time not a child that could not fend for himself.

The town I lived in shunned my mother for this and many of her friends (including some of my religious family) did not talk again to her for almost ten years.

My mother is gone now but her example of unconditional love is still with me...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:26 pm
@Lash,
I do recall saying not to EXPECT unconditional love.

I do love you Lash, and sometimes tough love is a variant form of unconditional love too.

Both require a self sacrifice...

Stick around and we may get over this and develop respect after all the dust settles.

I have never been one to shy away from what I am privately thinking.

I assume you already know that about me.

I am not saying that is what you are but I am saying it seems that way.

If I am wrong then it will not be the first time and I will actually be glad that I am wrong.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 07:27 pm
@snood,
They may say I'm a dreamer... Smile
TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 08:35 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11951338_10208029047510835_4974668231246079378_n.jpg?oh=8bcf810118acff8b3b8dce083ff5e898&oe=566FE118
0 Replies

Linkat

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:30 pm
@TheCobbler,
One thing no one can argue is you have a big heart. I have done similar although not a lot a person begging for money. I have had a certain person touch me .. not sure why.. but will give them money and give them encouraging words maybe their story hits me for some reason or maybe I am a sap, but you never know if a kind word helps ornot.
hawkeye10

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:41 pm
@Linkat,
You get to feel good about yourself, and they get money, that is the transaction no matter how you dress it up.

And "Black lives matter" is an insult to everyone else no matter how you dress it up. The proper response is "all lives matter, and if you have a problem with that then you are a dick. BYE!"
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 09:49 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
When I was ordained as a Christian minister many years ago Christianity was a different creature. It cared for people rather than shunning them for right wing talking points. I was taught then that when someone is persecuted they become a "priority". With all the incarcerations and senseless killings of unarmed black people I have to agree, the point is not that all lives matter but that specifically BLACK LIVES MATTER. It is the compassionate way of the heart. Were the tables turned and they are in some cases then white lives matter and were it in Iraq then Christian lives matter

What a load of bleeding heart crappola....your argument is invalidated by the fact that black thugs refuse to get educated, glorify crime, become criminals and then think that they are going to win the war with our cops. Do as our agents say or you might get hurt.

I save my compassion for people who try to do the right thing, or at least claim to want to. That God you learned about was compassionate, but he makes a lot of demands, one of which is that if you the human dont make an effort then **** you, you get squat. You are guilty of selective learning.
TheCobbler

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 10:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
I see, you save your charity for white trash hillbilly goobers who have tiny brains like yours...

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003886601/2349723378_white_thugs_xlarge.jpeg

http://blog.bravebirds.org/wp-content/uploads/thuglife.jpg

http://theuspatriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/l.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/08/article-2535947-1A7D7C8800000578-641_634x428.jpg

http://content5.video.news.com.au/NDM_-_Herald_Sun/268/193/2427650241_promo212730774_648x365_2427650694-hero.jpg

http://www.therightplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/thug-punk-beetotches.jpg

Did someone say the word "THUGS"???

0 Replies

djjd62

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 06:09 am
i think it's unreasonable to expect people to unconditionally love anyone, let alone strangers

empathy and human decency are one thing, but i can't imagine unconditionally loving a close family member if i discovered they had killed and dismembered random hitch hikers across the country