BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:08 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Everyone should be very concerned when a policeman pulls a gun on an unarmed citizen and there is A LOT of evidence that this happens much more frequently to black citizens than white citizens.

How often a gun is pulled or not pulled say nothing at all about if the pulling happen to be justify or not!

The only way to compared is the percent of times a gun being pulled on black and white citizens or for that matter any other type of citizens is justify or not justify.

When a police officer is patrolling a high homicide area. gangs area and drug selling area it is likely that the pulling of his gun will happen far more often in a justifiable manner then in a low crime middle class area of a city. Be that middle class area happen to be mainly black or white or others.

Right now the intercity high crime areas happen to be more black then any other race and in judging if the ratio of gun pulling is off that factor have to be consider.

I love to see some figures on such police behaviors as the pulling of guns happen more in low crime middle class black areas then in middle class white areas.

My guess is that such behaviors track the crime statistics of areas not the race of the people in those areas.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

While there likely is an element of racism involved here, there's no point in denying the numbers.

Young black men come into contact with police on a disproportionate basis because they are committing crimes on a disproportionate basis.

If people want to ignore this fact and blame it all on racist cops that's fine but they will never be part of the solution.

That's just crap. Take the issue of arrests for drug usage for instance. Statistics clearly show that blacks and whites use at about the same rates, but blacks are disproportionately stopped, arrested and convicted for drug use at much higher rates than are whites. Not doing more crime, but doing more time. If people want to blame unjust policing on criminal blacks, they'll never be part of the solution.
ossobuco

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:16 pm
@snood,
(agree)
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:24 pm
@snood,
How about the homicide rate being many times greater for black young men then white young men and we are not talking about police shootings!!!!!

When was the last time someone did a drive by shooting in your neighborhood?

When was the last time you drove home and saw hookers and drug dealers doing open business on the corner that you live on?

How often did you feel the need to have your family sleep on the floor to reduce the risk of a stay bullet hitting one of you?

An your number one concern is police misconduct and you wish for less aggressive policing in such areas!!!!
Baldimo

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:29 pm
@snood,
Blacks and whites might do drugs at the same rates, but where are they getting their drugs at? If you buy your drugs on the street you have a higher likely hood of getting caught as you are out in the open. In the inner cities this is usually the case. I can tell you as a pot smoker, I have never been to a street corner or an ally to buy it, it has always been from someone I knew. I have never ever bought pot from someone I didn't know, I have never gone cursing the streets to find it. So I've never been arrested or stopped for drugs as I don't do it out in the open or anywhere I would easily be caught.
Baldimo

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:34 pm
@BillRM,
Crime prevention has always been a catch 22 for the police in the inner cities. If they don't patrol enough, the crime rates tick up and the police get accused of not caring about the community, if they patrol to much they get accused of prosecuting the community. Due to politics, the police have never been able to get the correct balance.

That is an overlooked portion of this issue with the police and their response. You guys seem to think the police are going about the business of their jobs as they see fit. That is wrong, they are given their orders by the politicians who run the cities.
BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:43 pm
@Baldimo,
I sure would not wish for the job of policing the intercity knowing that any actions I might take might be called into question over the race issue.

Officer Wilson was found to had acted correctly in the shooting of Mr. Brown but in the end he lost his police career and needed to moved out of the area for his and his family safety.

At least he did not lose his life, but I fear that too many police officers will now hesitation a few seconds too long when face with a similar situation.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 01:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Blacks and whites might do drugs at the same rates, but where are they getting their drugs at?

To me this encapsulates the need for the BLM movement. There is always some excuse, so pseudo logical reason to explain why the routine inequities that blacks experience are ok. The sad part is for the most part, the press and the public go along.

In these days of video cameras, we are seeing over and over that the police take on events are often overstated or completely fabricated, but you know they should really buy their drugs somewhere else.

BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:01 pm
@engineer,
Well we could always take the police out of such areas completely as they seems to be the main problem the black community is having in such areas by your comments and others comments on this website.

engineer

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
Or we could insist they do their jobs correctly and hold them accountable when they do not. That's the standard the rest of us live to.
tony5732

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:09 pm
Ah yes, BLM. BLM is the group that has your back if you fight police officers. You also have to be Black. Yes in order to be supported by the group "Black Lives Matter" you must be Black. This group only supports one color because it is in a struggle, against racism. No one knows racism like black people know racism. If your not black, the struggle isn't as real. It's ok if you or your loved ones died this year, as long as they weren't shot by a cop. If they were shot down by a cop, BLM will turn a blind eye to that too. That is, unless you're Black. If your black it's obviously racism because there's just no other explanation than racism. It's always racism if your Black! It only really gets confusing if you are a brutal black cop, which at BLM it's a kind of taboo subject and we just don't talk about that...... cops should be fried like bacon though, unless they are black. We need more black cops in places like Ferguson because THAT'S working out. Join the cause! End racism (against black people)! Other color people can join too, by you can't be leaders unless you are black. Unless you pretend your black, but if BLM catches you it's gonna be a Shaun king kinda thing if you know what I mean.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:16 pm
@engineer,
Your chances of getting caught selling drugs is much higher if you are on the streets vs working from a home. The inner city area's that have high crime rates show this to be true. The higher arrest rates in those area's also show this to be true. If the soccer mom in the neighborhood is selling her pot from her home what is the likely hood that a police officer will catch her? If she is selling that same pot on her street corner the chances of her getting caught are much higher.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:17 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Or we could insist they do their jobs correctly and hold them accountable when they do not. That's the standard the rest of us live to.

Yes indeed my job required me to made lives and deaths decisions in a time frame of seconds<not>and then have people like you assuming I am a racist if you do not care for the outcome.

Once more officer Wilson was found to had acted correctly and it still did not matter in fact people like you did not wait for the facts to come out before condemning him.

One wonder who is going to be willing to take on such dangerous and thankless jobs in the future.
engineer

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 02:26 pm
@BillRM,
Once more, there are plenty of cases that are not Officer Wilson. Cases where grandfathers walking in their neighborhoods are beaten, cases where men with their hands in the air are shot, cases where police officers shoot into cars and later claim they were in danger. You ignore all of these and that is why people think that maybe you don't value black lives like you do others.

Police officers do hard work. That doesn't excuse malfeasance. Your position seems to be "their work is dangerous so we'll allow them to do as they please". As long as the people they kill aren't in your neighborhood, no problem. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Being a taxi driver is a lot more dangerous, but we don't allow them to draw down on any passenger they want. Police officers are imbued with a lot of power to go with their responsibilities and they must use that power appropriately. If they have trouble with that, they need to be in a different job. If they abuse it, they need to be accountable. Is that all police officers, absolutely not, but cleaning out the bad apples makes it safer for all the good ones.
hawkeye10

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 03:17 pm
Quote:
Metro Transit officials temporarily suspended Green Line light rail service and added buses to ensure fans could make it to the Vikings home opener despite a planned Black Lives Matter protest responding to alleged police brutality in August.

“Sunday September 20th is the Minnesota Vikings’ home opener, big money day, so what better day to shut the light rail down and disrupt business as usual,” the group said in a press release. “Enough is enough of business as usual! We must bring an end to white supremacy and the status quo.”

http://www.fox9.com/sports/vikings/22237722-story

Are the cops on strike? Throw the fuckers in jail where they belong.
hawkeye10

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 03:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
At least six arrests were made following a Black Lives Matter rally in Austin, the rally was held in conjunction to a "Police Lives Matter" rally occurring in the same area.

Many of the arrests took place due to protesters attempting to block the road according to Austin Police, "Unfortunately, a handful of people decided to go onto the freeway — shut down the freeway — which is absolutely against the law, something we cannot tolerate and we will not tolerate that,”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/protesters-peppersprayed-during-black-lives-matter-demonstration-in-austin-10511473.html

Good on the Austin government for standing up for the people. Minneapolis could learn a thing or two from this much smaller city.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 03:41 pm
@engineer,
With the CDC numbers the group that have the least respect for black lives seems to be other blacks at least to the degree that no other group in society match.

Not a lot of respect for black lives when you have a gun battle in the middle of a busy street or do a drive by with children in the area.

Hell in Washington DC the military rotate their doctors into Washington's hospitals to train on dealing with wounds cause by high power rifles.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 03:50 pm
@engineer,
I have no problem with cleaning out bad police officers I do have a problem with groups that attacks the actions of police officers such as Wilson long before the facts are known.

Just assuming that the officers in question must be racists.
Baldimo

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 03:58 pm
@BillRM,
This easily accounts for over half the video's Bob posts. It's the reason I question his video's he does post. At least half of them are posted from sites he shares which write an article that in every way is bias against the cops and then doesn't have any follow up.
hawkeye10

Mon 21 Sep, 2015 04:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

This easily accounts for over half the video's Bob posts. It's the reason I question his video's he does post. At least half of them are posted from sites he shares which write an article that in every way is bias against the cops and then doesn't have any follow up.

Bob is only a level or two above REXRED's complete idiocy. But they are on the Left so they largely have gotten a pass around here. Them days are over. People with non functioning brains should show some mercy and stop sucking up so much bandwidth, and those who know better should call them on it. There is nothing wrong with being on the left, hell I used to be a Liberal and still consider myself to be on the Left, but there is a lot wrong with being stupid. There is even more wrong with being stupid and too stupid to know that they are stupid, which appears to be the case.
0 Replies