TheCobbler

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 01:32 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10645305_434398220098759_9170012947588887277_n.jpg?oh=a713c6fef8f0b9c6e985b3202b298b6d&oe=56782890
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 01:43 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
She didn't rant or rave, she just didn't kiss ass.

Nonsense I hear some of the audio of that traffic stop and she did indeed rant and rave and more important refused the lawful orders of a police officer starting with getting out of her car.

Quote:
I shouldn't be afraid,

Next police officers that pull someone over at random have no idea in this world what kind of citizen they might be dealing with and there is fear on their part also as it sadly not uncommon for police to be killed doing routine traffic stops.

You seems not to be able to walk in the shoes of others such as cops approaching a car where they without warning might end up in a life and death conflict.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/death-sandra-bland-what-we-know-so-far-n396036
BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 01:54 pm
@BillRM,
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 02:04 pm
@BillRM,
I agree with you that cops have a horrific job, and the constant stress level is on par with active duty war personnel.

And this very fact is what is contributing to the irrational killings we are seeing in the news. This, and heightened fear /distrust / stereotypical belief systems / devaluing relating to black people.
hawkeye10

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 02:15 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

And this very fact is what is contributing to the irrational killings we are seeing in the news. This, and heightened fear /distrust / stereotypical belief systems / devaluing relating to black people.

A lot of it comes from cops not feeling that blacks are on their side, that blacks are not on the collectives side. BLM just makes this worse. Blacks of course are fully invested in their victim identity, according to them they are responsible for nothing. I dont think the massive problems of the blacks begin to get fixed till/unless they decide to stop being victims, which seems to be no place near now.
BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 02:46 pm
@Lash,
Quote:

How irrational is a slightly higher concerns when dealing with unknown young black males given the must higher homicide rates/gang memberships of that group?

Or for that matter when was the last time there was large scale riots with deaths and the burning of cities blocks by any other group in society?

Then add to that the hates and fear of the police that people like you and BLM group is promoting among black young men.

In my own lifetime, I had been in three cities where the smell of burning.
building and burning livelihood was in the wind.

Oh one more point your comment that a black man could not peacefully approach police officers without risking death or at least arrested is indeed stereotyping police officers but I guess that is allowed in your value system.

TheCobbler

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:02 pm
@BillRM,
Everything you say is bullshit!

http://news.aazah.com/sites/news.aazah.com/files/riot2.jpg
"Unknown" white males...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cbI7s8PJ-lc/VUQ_EVg-jZI/AAAAAAAAAVA/tQT4CDmg52E/s1600/500k%2Bbail.jpg
More "unknown" white people!

Thanks for proving my point that dumbass racism and goober mentality is still alive and ugly as ever in the US.

I worked at a convenience store here in Portland Maine and one afternoon the store was descended upon by about 20 WHITE teens who had just gotten out of school for the day.

I recall looking out the window and it seemed like the white teens were a swarm of bees stinging the customers who had the misfortune to have pulled into the convenience store.

A black man was caught doing the unthinkable!!! He was filling his tire up with some air. A white teen took a crowbar out of the black man's trunk and beat him on the head and neck. He was critical for hours at the hospital and had to get bones replaced in his neck.

YOU, Bill, resemble a stupid, racist, Jim-bob, oblivious, ignorant JERK!!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/coriisbombb/redneck-man.jpg

This is an "unknown" white male!

I am not sure who is being cynical and who is for real in this discussion.
TheCobbler

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
And white supremacist (militia types) groups who hate the government think cops are on their side? (cynical)
BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:16 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
And white supremacist groups who hate the government think cops are on their side? (cynical)

An the total percents of whites who are members of such groups are the same as the percent of blacks that belong to gangs?
TheCobbler

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:18 pm
@BillRM,
Donald Trump whos following is made up of exactly that type of group it is today referred to as the republican party...

White racist gun lovers far out number blacks in gangs.

And what is a white racist in a militia but by no other appropriate name than a "gang member"...
BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:20 pm
@TheCobbler,
Sorry when was there a large scale white riot that results in deaths and millions of dollars of property damage?

College kids of all color Celebrating a team win or some such but nothing that compared to the history of black rioting.
BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:22 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
White racist gun lovers far out number blacks in gangs...

Oh and they are into murders and drugs running and sex trade and on and on to the same degree as black gang members?

Do they do drive by shootings in any numbers?
TheCobbler

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:34 pm
@BillRM,
You are plagiarizing Donald Trump who never had to fight for anything ever in his whole entire life.
djjd62

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:38 pm
of course in the grand scheme of things

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10956752_10153498286775325_6045878313211390177_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=532aa633a5d1768fc86efcc10a228c9b&oe=56ABC07A
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:38 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
You are plagiarizing Donald Trump who never had to fight for anything ever in his whole entire life.

Sorry Trump and I are not on speaking terms beginning when he came out to support the birther nonsense in relationship to Obama.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 03:49 pm
@BillRM,
White males have never had to fight and yes riot for simple thing like not being shot in the back while unarmed and beaten to near death simply for wanting the right to vote.

This is an excerpt from an article on the woman's suffrage movement, what the gentler sex has to say about your "black riots"...

"As suffragettes became more militant, their actions and their treatment by the police became more violent. What began as women chaining themselves to railings outside the Prime Minister’s residence accelerated into window smashing, and then descended into states of riot at demonstrations – often orchestrated by police. Inevitably suffragettes were arrested for public disorder and give prison sentences of anywhere from 3 days to several months. The most notorious prison was Holloway in north London.

On 18 November 1910 a protest in Parliament Square turned violent and police beat many suffragettes. After that the movement began to wage guerrilla warfare, orchestrating systematic window-smashing and arson attacks. As it became more radical and violent, the WSPU lost many of its supporters."

Comment:
I guess that is why the republicans hate women too!

The Women's Suffrage Movement
http://www.tchevalier.com/fallingangels/bckgrnd/suffrage/
BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:01 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
White males have never had to fight and yes riot for simple thing like not being shot in the back while unarmed and beaten to near death simply for wanting the right to vote.

Hmm so rioting is justify for Blacks in your opinion?

Footnote the end of not allowing blacks to vote happen by a non-violence movement not by burning down other people livelihoods and somehow I question if even President Johnson could have gotten the federal civil/voter rights laws on the books if the good Rev King had been shouting burn baby burn.
Lash

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:14 pm
@BillRM,
I'm thankful King followed Gandhi's model rather than the one most of us would have chosen if those had been our dead babies in the church in Birmingham.

The expectation of a response from the black community that is far more humane than the treatment they have to endure bothers me.

I "hope" the response isn't violent, but do I understand when it's not? Of course I do.

Think of the father of some precious child who has been raped or murdered by some pedo or just plain murderer.

The father stands at the courthouse, and when the child-killer is walked past him, daddy blows him to hell. Admit it. We tend to arch an eyebrow and think - way to go, daddy. Illegal civil disobedience - but his baby was tortured and killed and that perp deserved it.

Because we care about those kids. Especially if the kid was little. And white.

You know it's true.

We have a multitude of black Americans who've been victimized individually and collectively. Some of them engage in civil disobedience. If we care about them and their histories, we may hate the violence but only a small amount of empathy at least helps us to understand why.

I believe we are on the cusp of changing it, but we have real work to do to get there.
BillRM

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:27 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The expectation of a response from the black community that is far more humane than the treatment they have to endure bothers me.

Yes beating and killing people at random due to the color of their skins is the best way of showing your displeasure at claims of being mistreated yourself due to the color of your skin.

Quote:
one most of us would have chosen if those had been our dead babies in the church in Birmingham.

Blowing up white children in a white church would be how you would have respond to having black children blown up in Birmingham perhaps?

Shooting police officers at random?

Burning innocent people livelihood down?

How would you indeed had respond my friend in a violence manner that would not had harm innocent people that have nothing to do with the bombings or are all whites guilty in your view for such misdeeds?
Lash

Sun 6 Sep, 2015 04:37 pm
@BillRM,
The very things you are describing that are ridiculous for me to do in response are the things that happen to them all the time.

How would YOU respond if it were your children, your loved ones? For 400 years? If it was your historical legacy and your day to day existence? This is all I'm asking some people to at least consider honestly.