giujohn

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 09:55 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I worked at a Cristy's (like a 7/11) years ago and was held up at gunpoint by a white teenaged kid with a bb gun. I was alone in the store and it was 3AM. I will tell you there is no way to mistake a bb gun for any other type of gun, even from a distance. The first thing you notice about the gun is the end which is tooled with a tiny hole.

I could not tell you what an AR-57 looks like (I don't own 3 of them) but I know what a bb gun looks like and I have never been in the military.

I slowly walked up to the kid and the second he turned his head I took the gun from him... I picked him right up, walked over to the door carrying him, kicked the door open and threw him out and said, "get out!".

Smile

Wow... You must have calibrated eyeballs... Your average pellet or BB gun is .177 caliber... that's one millimeter smaller than a 22 caliber bullet. there are also pellet guns that are actually 22 caliber. I don't really believe your story but if true my suggestion is if somebody points a gun at you even if it has a small hole at the end John Wayne-ing it can get you killed... you were very lucky that day you should have played the lotto.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:55 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
It would seem that John Crawford picked up a gun that the NRA's best have manufactured to look like a real military style gun. This in itself is a crime against humanity.

Please explain how the NRA controls or is responsible for the air rifles/BB guns made by an independent company?

Quote:
Do you know who used excessive force here?

Gun manufacturers and they need to be sued for it!

You once again have to explain how gun companies ie: Glock or Smith & Wesson are responsible for this event, they are not Daisy, a company who makes BB guns.

Quote:
Why not make toy nuclear bombs next? WTF!!!!

Gun culture has gotten out of control!

Gun culture? You are really showing your irrational dislike for guns.
tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:02 am
@TheCobbler,
Yes, individual situations happen, and there isn't a reason not to recognize that. There is a reason however, to point fingers at the person not the race. Just because a person is black doesn't mean they grew up without privilege, and all women are not victims of domestic violence, and all white people don't start out having chauffeurs and limos and some kind of silver spoon. That's an unrealistic perception that Black Lives Matter tries to sell to gain sympathy for people who stumble into the wrong side of society's moral compass and law. Have white cops killed black people just for being black? Yes. Are 5 officers now dead because they were white? Yes. Does the skin color even matter? No, blame the asshole not the occupation, or race.
tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
You are probably one of the smarter / more reasonable liberals on here. Even though I don't agree with you I can't say I am pissed off by your presence.
0 Replies

tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
That and the liberals need someone with a point besides the poor black man racist white cop routine.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:09 am
@tony5732,
I have another view of BLM. They have lived the longest in this country with discrimination. That means they did not enjoy equal education or justice.

Why our prisons have more Blacks than whites for the same crime speaks volume about our justice system.

In the South, public schools were segregated until 'recent' times. Even in Chicago, the schools on the South Side where Blacks predominate were inferior to the schools in the North of Chicago. More money per student were spent in the north.

I'm Asian American and I know how White America treated us.

Here's an interesting exchange by two people: https://www.yelp.com/topic/chicago-someone-has-got-to-explain-the-northside-versus-southside-thing-to-me

I have visited the south side without fear or any problem. Besides that, the Museum of Science and Industry is on the far south side. I loved walking around in that area of town.
tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:11 am
@hingehead,
Black president.
0 Replies

tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
White America is just like every other color America. There is a generation gap I think people miss too. I have never seen a slave in my life, neither has my parents, and neither has their parents. I have never seen a segregated school in my life, every school I have ever attended, and every job I have worked, has had black people. Believe it or not we make the same pay AND use the same bathrooms. That tells me black people are getting the same opportunities I am. I have never seen anything happen to Asians except them getting educated as hell and make crazy money. As mostly black jails, I have only personally been robbed by black people, so it doesn't surprise me. It's all I have seen. (Not trying to say white people don't steal or all black people do, just telling you what I live in and actually see) I think a lot of black people do grow up in **** cultures, and that's a shame. Where I live, if I got caught stealing, my community would NOT support me against police. They would think I was a shithead, because I robbed someone trying to live honestly. There's a difference there between what is going on in the news.
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:45 am
@tony5732,
That you have never seen a slave in your life is not important to the people whose families were once slaves. You also wouldn't know how we were treated in concentration camps in this country. The concentration camps were surrounded with barbed wire with guard towers. The soldiers pointed their rifles towards inside the camp. None of us were charged with a crime, and over 2/3rds were American born citizens. A young boy was shot by one of those soldiers. He was never charged or served time in prison.
Many young men volunteered into the US Army, and they became the 442nd Infantry Battalion. They were the most decorated of any war the US were ever involved in. They fought in Italy, France and Germany. Many volunteered from inside the concentration camps.
I believe they won eight Presidential Citations.
tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Whose ancestors were once slaves, who got sold to American white guys moved on a boat and got back to working as slaves, got it. It isn't me, and it isn't them. I can't do anything about what happened in WWII, again, I wasn't there. I just happen to be white. History is important and all but we don't have to pretend we live there. This isn't the 1950's or the 1800's this is the year 2016.
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 01:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

It would seem that John Crawford picked up a gun that the NRA's best have manufactured to look like a real military style gun. This in itself is a crime against humanity.

And John Crawford did not look like he was up any good with that gun.. I don't know but apparently a court of law felt the guilt rested on John's behalf.

Cops killed man at Walmart, then interrogated girlfriend
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/justice/walmart-shooting-john-crawford/

Do you know who used excessive force here?

Gun manufacturers and they need to be sued for it!

Why not make toy nuclear bombs next? WTF!!!!

Gun culture has gotten out of control!

Seems to me when I was a kid in the early sixties all the toy guns looked as realistic as possible yet I don't remember a lot of people being killed by the police because of them... And statistically the number of blacks under the age of 25 that were killed by police between 1960 and 2000 decreased close to 80%.
What has changed is the rate of young black men who are responsible for violent crime and the control and trafficking of street drugs in this country... Who believe they're entitled to special rights because of their color and who are led to believe by groups like BLM and people like Al Sharpton that the police are racist and out to kill any young black men they can find... which Fosters the attitude that they will resist the police at every possible opportunity which then ups the use of force continuum which ultimately leads to their death. And if the bleeding heart liberals are so concerned about realistic toy guns or even the possession of legal guns maybe they should start by eliminating all guns on TV and in the movies.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:06 pm
@tony5732,
That sounds nice. It is, unfortunately airy-fairy nonsense. R
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:08 pm
@tony5732,
That sounds nice. It is, unfortunately airy-fairy nonsense. READ THE DOJ REPORTS ON US POLICE DEPARTMENTS BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF AGAIN.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:14 pm
ci, you're sane (as compared to a presidential candidate, of all things)and you bring a valued [erspective to this site, not least because you lived thru one of this country's great shames. As long as you can press a key, we want you here.
MontereyJack

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo says
Quote:
Gun culture? You are really showing your irrational dislike for guns.

Tell me again why it is irrational to dislike murder weapons. I dare you.
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 05:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
Thank you, MJ. With all the mistakes this country has made in our history, it seems to make amends and correct itself. However, we must remain vigilant, because we know how the Muslims are being targeted today by the narrow minded bigots who call themselves American.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 08:20 pm
“There are frigging Black males outside my frigging house with firearms. Please send PD,”

Neighborhood Watchman’ Kills Unarmed 20-Year-Old Black Male

http://www.diversityinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Kouren-Rodney-Bernard-Thomas.png

Early Sunday morning, Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, 20, was shot for being Black while attending a house party near the home of self-proclaimed neighborhood watchman Chad Copley in Raleigh, North Carolina. Thomas’ tragic death echoes the circumstances surrounding Trayvon Martin’s death in Sanford, Florida, in 2012.

Copley fired a single shotgun blast from inside his garage at partygoers just after 1 a.m., following a call he made to 911 stating “hoodlums” with firearms were in his neighborhood. The shot struck Thomas, who was out near the street. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Jalen Lewis told WTVR he hosted the party at his home, two doors down from Copley, where Thomas was one of 50 people who showed up. Lewis said he didn’t see any of his guests carrying a gun and wasn’t aware of anyone causing problems. Thomas’ friends said he did not have a gun. Police found no weapons outside.

“The man’s body was right in front of the mailbox,” Lewis said, pointing at Copley’s mailbox. “I don’t know how was a threat from the garage.”

In his initial 911 call Copley told the dispatcher, “I am locked and loaded. I’m going outside to secure my neighborhood. You need to send PD as quickly as possible.”

“I’m sorry. You’re going out to do what to the neighborhood, sir?” the dispatcher asked.
http://www.diversityinc.com/news/neighborhood-watchman-kills-unarmed-20-year-old-black-male/?utm_term=%27Neighborhood%20Watchman%27%20Kills%20Unarmed%2020-Year-Old%20Black%20Male&utm_campaign=Trump%20Speculates%20People%20Could%20Shoot%20Hillary%20Clinton&utm_content=email&utm_source=Act-On+Software&utm_medium=email&cm_mmc=Act-On%20Software-_-email-_-Trump%20Speculates%20People%20Could%20Shoot%20Hillary%20Clinton-_-%27Neighborhood%20Watchman%27%20Kills%20Unarmed%2020-Year-Old%20Black%20Male
0 Replies

tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
Box cutters were murder weapons. Plastic bags, kitchen knives, propane tanks, screw drivers, baseball bats, tire irons, high ledges, airplanes, vehicles, the list goes on. It is irrational for you to dislike murder weapons, because that would mean you dislike almost everything, including bare hands.
tony5732

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Actually agree. Muslims are getting a bad rap. If we keep letting them in there is going to be a terrorist attack or two, but that is going to happen anyway. Too late actually, Americans blow themselves up and snipe police officers and stuff just fine with or without Muslim terrorism. I don't know why we are so scared of one particular culture. I say let them join the party.
hingehead

Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:48 pm
@tony5732,
Enlightened of you Tony.

Just one point. Islam isn't a culture (well not a monobloc culture) any more than christianity. So a Saudi wahabi muslim is likely to be as culturally different to an Indonesian Sufi as an Italian catholic is to an American quaker.