And so this happened

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 01:14 pm
I'm really pleased it's all going so well.

I never knew Maui was an actual place, I thought it was just short for Maui wowee.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 01:16 pm
My daughter has been house hunting in Maui. They make it hard to move there from the continent.
jcboy

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 06:17 pm
@izzythepush,
It’s going great between us, so much anger there between our father. He goes by Mike because he’s refused to go by his father’s first name. He and I have become close, we talk or text everyday.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 06:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
You know I’ve been to Maui several times and everyone is from somewhere else, most I’ve talked to say they work seven days a week just to live there!
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2022 06:32 pm
@jcboy,
He is a limo driver. He has people willing to work him if he gets settled. They don't want to rent and that's what the delay is. They were married there and have vacationed in Maui numerous times. I was at Pearl Harbor when in the Navy but didn't develop a desire to return, except maybe as a tourist.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Mame

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 06:23 pm
@Mrknowspeople,
It's his brother, weirdo.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 03:23 am
@Mame,
That poster is another unwanted creep sneering his way through A2K being a repulsive bigot.

That's its crude and unsuccessful attempt at humour.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 06:32 pm
I put that jackass ignore.

Next week they will be here Thursday evening and spend a three day weekend will us. I'm looking froward to spending quality time together.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2022 11:05 pm
Ah that's one of these feel good threads we used to have at a2k in the old days....how lovely to have found a brother, jcboy. Both of your parents are gone, so this is a real blessing to have a brother now. Perhaps in time, Mike can get some counseling to work through the hurt your father had caused him. You being part of his life will surely help him to overcome some of it.

I am so happy for you and everyone involved - what a heartwarming story!
jcboy

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 11:33 am
@CalamityJane,
Hi Jane! Yep I have gained a brother and sister in law. The kids gained an Aunt and Uncle and we all get along great. I wish they didn’t live so far away, actually from their house to ours is only 82 miles but it took them two hours and 45 minutes due to traffic from the Valley to South Orange County. I thought it might be better to take the train down so I checked into Amtrak; it would take them twice as long to get here because of all the stops.

It will be nice to spend a three-day weekend with them. I asked if they wanted to do anything special, they said they were fine just staying around the house visiting.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2022 08:50 pm
@jcboy,
I know, it's a killer drive It took me 4 hours to get back from LAX to San Diego 2 weeks ago. You never know, but next time they should take the toll road 73 and then 133 to Laguna, it cuts at least 30 to 45 min in time.
It's not cheap, you could pay online for them ($8.50 one way) but so worth it.
jcboy

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 04:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
You're right, I forgot bout the 133 and the toll road. I will call him tonight. I have a feeling they took the 405 from the valley to Orange County. Long drive and tons os traffic.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 07:35 pm
@jcboy,
I have faith in a man who loves cats!
jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 02:58 pm
@Borat Sister,
He is a cat and dog lover, something we have in common.

They have a cat and two dogs, neither of them were fond of the parrot, they were afraid of him because he rules the house and he's never seen them before. That parrot made sure they knew he was the boss of the house Razz
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2022 10:23 pm
@jcboy,
You know that this bird is going to outlive all of you!
Maybe you'll be able to push him off to the grandkids one day....
jcboy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 06:26 pm
@CalamityJane,
We’re all looking forward to them coming down tomorrow. Antonio is going to clean his room and we will wash and change the bed again. Lisa and I will cook all weekend. My brother said his favorite food is his wife’s cooking. Yeah right, she has to get past me first. I’m the chef in this house. Razz

Alicia is looking forward to seeing her aunt Lisa, those two really hit it off!

She has her Aunt Isabel but she lives in Tampa and hasn’t been out since before the pandemic. She still will not fly.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 05:53 pm
So this weekend isn’t turning out quite like I thought. Mike and I get along great, we’re brothers. Well two days ago I found out he’s not the only one. We both have another half brother, he’s seven years younger then me and two years younger then Mike. This time I know who his mother is, she worked as a housekeeper for my parents when I was a kid. I’ll find out more this week.

Mike was so mad he called his father a dog! The only thing I know so far is he knows about both of us and doesn't care if he ever meets us. That came from his half sister!
jespah

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 06:48 pm
@jcboy,
You're going to end up having to rent Madison Square Garden for family reunions.
jcboy

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 07:27 pm
@jespah,
Right? After finding out about Mike I wasn’t shocked about a second one. For all I know he might have populated half of Orange County. I’m just hopping I didn’t sleep with any of them!

Same story as Mike, his mother received monthly child support checks.

Mike think’s it’s best we reach out to him together, he doesn’t want to know us and we’ll move on.