And so this happened

glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 01:51 am
@jcboy,
Did the newly found brother know he had other brothers like you and Mike? Sometimes it's such a shock or disappointment that he may need a little time to think about all of this before he meets the two you. I've got a ton of stories about adopted cousins who sometimes happily find biological parents and others that didn't turn out at all well. My mother wasn't acknowledged by her biological father because my grandmother was only 14, she belonged to his youth group for the Church, He was 36, married and had one child. Mom never mentioned bio-dad because she knew nothing about him, but when she got much older and had to apply for Social Security, we had to get her birth certificate to have his proper name. He did sign the birth certificate because my Grandmother sued for paternity. When we were looking over the paperwork that was the first time I saw my mother express any discomfort, she got very teary over the fact he never showed any interest in her at all. There is a lot of hurt and anger that people feel when they realize they were abandoned...........and she wasn't happy her mother had to chase this man down in court. I wish you much happiness in the future and hope you all forge a meaningful relationship that lasts your entire lives.
jcboy

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 05:51 pm
@glitterbag,
According to my dad’s friend Keith he’s known about me for a couple years. His name is Logan and he lives in Huntington Beach, not far from me. And he’s the only other one. There are no others.

Mike and I found him last night on Facebook and sent friend requests. So far he hasn’t responded but maybe he doesn’t log in everyday. He looks more like our dad then we do, our father was 6’2 and this kid looks tall. I snagged his Facebook profile picture.

Not sure where this photo was taken but it can’t be Huntington Beach, AKA Surf City, no waves and the water sure isn’t that clear!

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/logan6.jpg
Mame

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 09:40 am
@jcboy,
He may, of course, come around down the road. He's likely angry, too. Maybe a family counselling session? lol and not lol... but still... interesting situation!
jcboy

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 09:44 am
@Mame,
Well the kid accepted my friend request last night and Mike is also now on his friends list. He hasn’t sent either of us a message yet. Probably waiting on one of us to make the first move.

Mike sure needs to talk to someone; we talked about that this weekend. He’s too angry. I tried telling him you can’t change the past, what’s done is done. He probably needs to hear that from a professional.

I thought the girl in the photo was a girlfriend but it’s his half younger sister. Saw that on Facebook.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 12:55 pm
My thinking is based on very generalized preconceptions but they may be relevant.

Huntington Beach is a very conservative place. Odds are, he was affected by conservative values (even if his mom conceived him through less than conservative behavior.). (And, hold the phone—through *less than admitted* conservative behavior.)

More so, he’s young. Younger people tend to have more rigid views that may mellow with age.

That to say—he may relax the anger soon and realize how blessed he is to have you and his bro in his life.

Try to give youngblood some grace.

And, I’m happy for you and the bros. It’ll likely be an epic addition to your already pretty epic life.🙃
jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 10:24 am
@Lash,
Still no response to the message I sent Logan on messenger. You can see when the message was read, ten minutes after I sent it. It was a nice short note and I left my phone number. So far he hasn’t responded to either of us. Well I did my part now it’s up to him.
Lash

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2022 10:45 am
@jcboy,
I think that’s the best attitude you can have.
I honestly believe when he’s able to separate his anger at his dad from the existence of two brothers, you’ll hear from him.

❤️
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2022 11:19 pm
Wow, another brother came up. Your father really made the rounds. :-)
You said he's the son of the housekeeper your family once had. This reminds me of the Schwarzenegger story with the housekeeper and son. Arnie's kids with Maria Shriver never acknowledged the boy and he himself felt kind of inferior to them since he was the housekeeper's son. Perhaps Logan feels self conscious about it too, is ashamed of his social status maybe?

Why don't you just write him another note telling him of you, the Rican and the adopted children, the animals and your blended family life. Explain to him how happy you were to have found Mike and that the both of you are elated to have found him (Logan). Just make him feel at ease and that he belongs too.....
jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 07:38 am
@CalamityJane,
Yep there’s another one, Logan. I remember posting in a thread years ago about the housekeeper Gwen my parents had when I was a kid. I only saw her twice because she came to the house when I was at school. Then one day she stopped coming around, I remember my father saying he let her go because she was no longer doing her job and the lady next door told my parents sometimes she would come to the house and only stay about an hour and got paid for the whole day,

And now I know why they never replaced her! My mother probably didn’t want another one in the house!

He has yet to reply to either of us and I think I know why. Remember me telling you about my father’s younger brother, the one I never got along with and haven’t seen him since my father’s funeral. Well he had two sons, my cousins; I haven’t seen them in years. I searched through Logan’s friends list, searched by our last name and there they were, both on his friends list. Maybe he’s had a relationship with that side of the family.
Mame

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 10:37 am
@jcboy,
It may be just as well.
jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 06:02 pm
@Mame,
I’ve despised my dad’s brothers for years now. My father left a piece of property to the two of us, several acres in Big Bear. My uncle would not buy me out and I wanted nothing to do with him. So I told him I would sell off my half of the property to whomever I wanted to, he quickly changed his mind and bought me out.

We have not spoken since.

jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 06:27 pm
@jcboy,
I refuses on giving up on Logan yet. I;m going to reach out again, as well as Mike his second brother,
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 06:29 pm
@jcboy,
I think if you persist your all around goodness will show through. He could eventually come around.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2022 05:07 pm
Mike and Lisa took the Harleys out for a ride today. I hate thinking about those two on motorcycles.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2022 11:26 am
@jcboy,
You're exactly what we call "Glucke" an overprotective mother to all.
In time, Logan will come around, especially now that Mike is in your corner too.
He's younger than both of you and probably has to sort things out first.

By the way, your mom was a saint to stood by your father knowing that he
fathered 2 more children. Additionally, a portion of the money he earned went to them instead of your household.
Lash

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2022 03:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
Definitely agree about Mom.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 07:07 am
@CalamityJane,
She was a saint, probably stayed with him because of me. I would have kicked him to the curb.

We will see about Logan, I’ve messaged him twice and Mike three times, he’s read them all but hasn’t replied. He hasn’t deleted us off Facebook so maybe he just needs more time.

We're just going to leave him alone until he's ready to talk.
Lash

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 07:34 am
@jcboy,
Wise.

I’m confident he’ll come around.

jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 07:49 am
@Lash,
I think so too, if he wasn't interested at all he never would have accepted our friends request on Facebook.
jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 05:26 pm
@jcboy,
So I just got off the phone with Mike and Lisa they will be here again on Friday evening, this time they’re leaving about 3:30 to beat some of the rush hour traffic. We haven’t been to their home yet. They only have two bedrooms, not enough room for all of us and, if we were to drive there we would have to board the dogs and the bird and stay in a hotel for the weekend. But they are always welcome here.

They have Lisa’s sister to watch their dogs and cat.

Mike knows our father’s friend Keith gave me Logan’s address in Huntington Beach. Mike thought he and I should take a drive there on Saturday to meet him. I’m thinking a big NO, unless of course he reaches out to us this week.

Surprising him with a visit on Saturday is a bad idea. Mike finally agreed