And so this happened

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:09 am
@jcboy,
Sounds like you got a good plan. Doing due diligence pays off every time.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:20 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Looks are subjective and are only skin deep. Smile

I hope this works out for you, jc.

Thanks, I have a feeling it’s all going to be good. His last message to me was he couldn’t wait to talk to me. He must have his phone in his hand all day waiting for me to reply because when I do I can see when he reads the message, within a minute.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:42 am
@jcboy,
I'm wishing you all the very best with this.

Just take care of yourself.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 01:37 pm
@jcboy,
Well then he must be Adonis, because you are super-cute.
jcboy

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 01:46 pm
@jespah,
Not compared to him, I'll PM you two photos Razz
engineer

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 02:55 pm
@jcboy,
Wow, congratulations! And I'm glad it is working out well.

My brother (one of three) got a note on FB from a woman who got his name from a cousin who matched with her husband on a DNA registry. (Follow that chain!) She'd be discretely looking for her husband's father now that they had a child. My brother called her. Her husband was conceived around a military base that one of my other brothers was at with very coincidental timing, but that brother's answer was "yeah, Nigerian Princes are always saying I'm their daddy too." Too bad because this guy doesn't seem to want anything (and has told his wife he doesn't want to know what she finds out unless it's going to be a positive experience) but his potential dad wants nothing to do with it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 03:05 pm
@engineer,
That's one mixed emotional bag there. One those things I am glad I will in all likelihood not be going through.

Fingers crossed.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 07:59 pm
So he called today. We talked for over two hours on the phone. He called me brother! He’s been looking for me for a quite a few years now. He found me living in Florida a few years ago then lost me and found me in CA. He wasn’t sure if it was I or not. I believe he was sobbing on the phone but he tried to hide it.

His wife suggested he and I meet first and perhaps spend a weekend together to get to know each other. I said that’s fine but don’t be expecting any kind of camping trip because I’m not sleeping in a freaking tent in some sleeping bag on the ground! He laughed again at me. Razz

I’m going to book a cabin in Big Bear for a three-day weekend as soon as he tells me he can take the time off. I told him about this site and that I posted about him. I told him I was going to post his photo but that I didn’t want to without his permission first. He said go-ahead brother.

So here he is with his beautiful wife. I say get rid of the beard!

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/mike_3.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 08:04 pm
@jcboy,
It is so great to be following a wonderful story like this one. Thank-you for bringing us along!!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 08:04 pm
@jcboy,
Indeed, bobsal!

Awww... that's so wonderful and heart-warming. He sounds like... you! So much time wasted looking for you, but at least he found you and you seem to be the same sort. And he wanted to find you Smile

And I like the facial hair Smile He reminds me a little of Alan Rickman in his youth.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 08:51 pm
@jcboy,
Oh my gosh what a cute couple!

His wife sounds so smart and supportive.

I really hope this works for you both it sounds so awesome and could be incredible. Thank you so much for sharing ...honestly I love stories like this.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2022 09:10 pm
@jcboy,
It's a wonderful happening for both of you. I know it seems odd that he's asking about your Dad, but you are his only living relative who actually grew up with your Dad. You're the binding force, he needs you to be complete and he needs you to be his brother. I can't read minds but I think he wants to gather together all the things that makes the two of you family. I think this is a wonderful thing for both of you, best wishes from the G'bags in Annapolis.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2022 07:48 pm
We’ve spoken on the phone five times today. I like him, he’s genuine. We have more in common then I first thought. We decided on a small family reunion. Probably here at the house, just he and his wife and my family.

We’re all looking forward to the meeting!
jcboy

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 05:42 pm
@jcboy,
Today I talked to my sister in law Lisa. She told me my brother has been looking for me for years. she said he was so happy to find me he hasn't stopped talking about me since he found me on Facebook. I already love both of them!
glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 06:00 pm
@jcboy,
We are all so happy for you.
Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 06:23 pm
@jcboy,
I’ve Followed this right along and it sounds marvelous.
Congrats to you all including the new family members .
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 08:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Absolutely!!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 09:28 pm
OMG I just got off the phone with my sister in law, we talked for over hour , I really like her! She’s a hoot! She said this whole situation has been overwhelming for her husband but he’s thrilled that he found me and he can’t wait to meet us! I’m inviting them over this weekend I’m so excited!
Mame

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 07:55 am
@jcboy,
What are you planning? I suspect you'll have something in the works. I'm so happy for you, jc.
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 09:31 am
@Mame,
Well with three kids the house is pretty full. Antonio said he would give up his room and sleep in the den. They are going to spend the weekend. We live an hour from San Diego, they live in Encino and it’s a few hours away. Could be close to three hours with Traffic.

I was planning on taking them out to dinner Saturday night, when I asked him what his favorite food was he said, “My wife’s cooking”.

Lisa said her sister will stay at their place to take care of the dogs and cat while their away.

I hope the rainbow pigeon doesn’t chase them out of the house the first day!
Cool