And so this happened

jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 07:08 pm
@Mame,
That's what he wears in a lot of his photos Razz

I've been working from home for almost two years now and sometimes I don't get in the shower and change until 3PM.

Now everything does have to match. You know last Sunday I went into the grocery store and there was this older black lady. Looked like she just got out of church. I made a point to tell her how lovely she looked and she really did, her hair was nicely done, beautiful dress, shoes matched her purse. I had to tell her just how nice she looked, I think it made her day, she was so thankful Razz
Mame

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 07:39 pm
@jcboy,
way to go, jc... everyone could use something nice every day.

I've been watching these videos (in my pj's) about these four guys who go out and ask for money or food (outside stores, malls) or food (homes). Whomever gives them something gets a gift. When people give them money, they're given $100... When they go to a door and the resident gives them food, these guys pay their rent. A compliment is often just as good. Go you.

Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfH6BVZ-rV8
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 05:18 pm
Change of plans, I’ve been busier than a cat covering up ****! Their not coming out Saturday but will be here tomorrow night, we will have more time together. I have cleaned the house from top to bottom. I’m starting to freak out out in a good way!
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 05:24 pm
@jcboy,
I think some of us are almost as excited as you are.
Mame

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 07:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah!! We want to hear stories and see whatever pics are allowed and get the low-down on the deets... Smile Ya hear me? Yahoo!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 08:37 pm
I'm going to need a Xanax tomorrow morning.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 07:13 am
@jcboy,
Today's the day. I expect it will all go well, but best wishes never hurt and you have mine Smile
jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 07:23 am
@Joeblow,
Yes it is,, Finally! I estimated the drive would normally be about two hours, but with Friday traffic it could be three hours. They’re leaving at 5PM so they should be here between 7 and 8. I’ll take the Xanax about 5 today. Cool
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06:47 pm
In 15 minutes I’ll take the Xanax. We just talked on the phone. He’s getting ready to head down. I had a panic attack.
jespah

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 08:48 pm
@jcboy,
... waiting for news ...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2022 09:54 am
Watching and waiting happily. (Hoping for pics)
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2022 05:50 pm
They arrived at 7:45 last night so close to a three-hour drive. I was standing out front talking to him on the phone guiding them to the house. When they parked in front and got out of the car he started to cry and gave me a big hug. He’s been looking for me for years!

Everyone was in bed by 11PM but he and I stayed up talking until 2AM! Most of it good, some not so good, he resents our father for never once visiting him. I told him that was probably my mothers doing. The talks about he and I were all good, I love this kid! I wish they didn’t live so far away but I know we will see each other often; they will always be welcomed here anytime. He and I are getting along great! And neither one of them seemed afraid to shut their eyes last night knowing there was a Puerto Rican in the house.

We just got back from spending the day in Laguna Beach, Lisa and I am going to make dinner. Salmon rice and a vegie.

I told him days ago to shave off that beard, well at least he trimmed it!

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/mike5_1.jpg
Mame

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2022 09:43 am
@jcboy,
So happy for you. I'm sure the whole weekend will be wonderful. It's natural he feels that way about your dad, but at least your dad ponied up with monthly support and a trust fund. It's too bad your father and he will never meet.

Re: his facial hair - I call my son Mo(hammed) because he has really dark hair and a beard that must be a foot long now : ) I don't like it, either, but it's not my face. Your bro looks fine with and without it Smile
jcboy

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2022 11:58 am
@Mame,
Thank you. I couldn’t be happier! We’re all about to leave for Sunday Brunch.

We are going to visit them in two weeks. We’ll have to stay in a hotel. They only have a small two-bedroom house they purchased last October. First time homebuyers. And we’re planning a vacation, all of use in July. We just haven’t come up with where we’re going yet.

Yes there are a lot of anger issues there. He said our father knew where he lived his whole life and never once tried to meet him, no phone call, not even one birthday card.

I told him going forward he and I can celebrate our birthdays together, his is October 24th and mine is November 4th. Pretty close together.
Mame

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2022 12:33 pm
@jcboy,
That's great! Maybe somewhere in between in July?

My son's birthday is Oct 24, also Smile 1983.

I'm so happy for all of you, especially your brother. And now your kids have another uncle.
jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 09:32 am
@Mame,
For July I was thinking of surprising them with a trip to Maui. They were married last August so we owe them a wedding gift. They couldn’t afford a honeymoon because they were saving money to buy the house.

This morning I had a idea, I’m going out today and buy birthday cards for every year I missed, fill them out and take them to the post office and mail them all at once. He’ll probably cry again Cool , crazy idea?
Mame

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 11:02 am
@jcboy,
No, it's a wonderful idea Smile When I turned 30, I got 30 birthday cards from my older sister, one a day ... it started a trend in the family. Won't Maui be HOT in July? Wherever you go, I think that's a lovely idea, if they can get the time off.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 11:08 am
Beautiful.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2022 02:29 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

No, it's a wonderful idea Smile When I turned 30, I got 30 birthday cards from my older sister, one a day ... it started a trend in the family. Won't Maui be HOT in July? Wherever you go, I think that's a lovely idea, if they can get the time off.

Maui is warm year round. So yeah July may be a little hotter than say December but it won't be dramatically different in temperature. The closer you are to the equator the less the temperature changes.

I remember going to Aruba in August and someone said the same thing...why would you want to go in the summer it will be so much hotter...well Aruba is pretty much on the equator so it really doesn't matter when you go...unless of course you are trying to get away from the cold if you live north.

The bonus...places like that are less busy that time of year so you get bargain prices and less crowds...no reservations are needed and you can bargain for things like jet skis, snorkeling, etc.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2022 09:40 am
@Mame,
Yes it’s true. Hawaii weather is nice all year round.

I couldn’t surprise them because I had to find out which two weeks in July they could take off. I’ll find that out this week. Plus I wasn’t sure if they wanted to go to Maui, as it turns out neither of them have been to Hawaii before.

So we settled on five days on Kauai and five on Maui.

Oh and BTW I did mail out all the cards on Monday. He may get them today so I should expect the crying phone call this evening Cool
0 Replies