And so this happened

Mame

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 09:41 am
@jcboy,
Who in your family does the cooking?
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 09:45 am
@Mame,
Mostly me, my husband is still working 12 hour days due to COVID, he's a nurse practitioner and they are still seeing COVID cases daily. He is taking this weekend off.
Mame

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 09:48 am
@jcboy,
I made lemon ricotta pancakes last weekend - I could scarce up the recipe if you'd like. I used Meyer lemon juice and Eureka lemon zest (more of a tang).
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 09:55 am
@Mame,
Thank you! That sounds good, I can follow a recipe but I've only cooked for the family, I might screw something up cooking for other people especially since he said his wife was a good cook. Maybe her and I can cook together Razz
Mame

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 09:58 am
@jcboy,
These are easy and decadent Smile

https://www.cookingclassy.com/lemon-ricotta-pancakes/#jump-to-recipe

You should probably double or triple it for your crowd. Or double and serve as a side.
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 10:16 am
@Mame,
I'm going to try that recipe Sunday morning Razz I can make those!

At lease they’re driving the car down and not the motorcycles, they both like to ride.

I hate motorcycle’s, when I was 18 a high school friend of mine was killed on one. He pull into a 711 and put his helmet on the seat, some guy grabbed the helmet and took off in his car and my friend went after him, a car made a turn in front of him.

I’ve never had any desire to own one.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 06:47 pm
So we had a little issue today but it backfired. My brother’s aunt, his mothers sister called him today and tried to convince him to forget about all this and do not drag his mother’s mothers name into this. A little too late don’t you think! He told her it was happening this weekend and to keep her toxic emotions to herself and it’s none of her business! I’m proud of him!
Mame

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 08:30 pm
@jcboy,
What was her reasoning? To thwart her nephew's possible happiness?
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 08:42 pm
@Mame,
She obviously doesn’t care about her nephew, she’s more concerned about her sister’s reputation. I can understand that to some point but it’s no longer about her and her sister it’s his life. I talked again with my brother and sister in law they will be here this weekend! Nothing could keep them away! I love them both already!
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 08:49 pm
@jcboy,
Also they’re both Jewish as well , not sure if that has anything to do with it.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 09:06 pm
@Mame,
His aunt called him a mamzer. A child born out of wedlock. It's not his fault. A child is a mamzer if he is the result of relations with a Jewish man, that a Jewish woman is forbidden to marry the result of incest, or an adulterous affair. Not going go happen with him, he's my brother Jewish or not!
glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 10:14 pm
@jcboy,
Holy crappers, that's like taking a page out of religious zealots 101. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking with all of this "lets honor God" bullshit. I bet God is just tickled pink.
jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 05:25 am
@glitterbag,
Yeah I grew up with religion. I still follow some of the Jewish traditions but not as much as when I was a kid.

He’s still coming out this weekend and he’s looking forward to it!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 08:13 am
@glitterbag,
Religion is the Devil's best invention.
jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 10:35 am
@izzythepush,
I sure have a lot to do before Saturday. Cleaning, shopping. Laundry! I even have to run to Home Depot and buy another cloth painting tarp, that’s what I use to cover the parrot cage at night. The one I’m using now has holes in it from him pulling it through the cage!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 11:25 am
@jcboy,
I hope it goes well, it sounds really exciting and they sound like a lovely couple, and you'reboth really nice.

I'm sorry to say that my brother looks like Cheater. I'm not exactly blessed in the looks department myself, but I'm no way near as bad as that.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 05:52 pm
@izzythepush,
I spent the entire day cleaning, shopping tomorrow and laundry on Friday, clean sheets on their beds! I have no doubt it will go well, we talk every day on the phone. But if he shows up wearing one of those flannel shirts with that beard I will have to sit down and have a fashion conversation with him 😎
Mame

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 05:55 pm
@jcboy,
Hey... watch it... the iconic Canadian image is a guy with facial hair wearing a red-checked flannel shirt, lol ... but you can have a fashion conversation with ME anytime Smile I'm wearing pyjamas - worn them all day since I didn't have to go out. Problem is, top and bottom don't match ha ha ha but who cares, right?