JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I forgive Chai. I have to.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Thank you for helping me. You said you don't consider me a friend. I thought you were a friend. That being the case I consider you an acquaintance.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Rebel is not even a Christian.

Right after Christ said "Love G*d", "And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

One doesn't bring anyone to G*d by preaching his misunderstanding of G*d's word, he brings them by living the Word.

The most love I can show you is to eliminate the temptation for you to treat me or anyone else badly.
Rebelofnj

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
I can't really be your friend if you know little about me. I don't think we have anything in common.

The fact you haven't watched or read anything beyond Christian works seriously limits what we can casually talk about.
jespah

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 01:10 pm
Are we looking to get this topic locked, too?

Because right now, it's hurtling in that direction.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 01:12 pm
0 Replies

livinglava

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 01:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
Rebel is not even a Christian.

Right after Christ said "Love G*d", "And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

One doesn't bring anyone to G*d by preaching his misunderstanding of G*d's word, he brings them by living the Word.

The most love I can show you is to eliminate the temptation for you to treat me or anyone else badly.

It's really funny when non-Christians use Christian ideas to judge Christians for failing to be non-judgmental because they aren't capable of forgiveness and they don't understand salvation from sin.
JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm not judging Rebel. He said he's a devout Catholic. And he's LBGTQIA.
I don't hate him.
JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:09 pm
@jespah,
No. These people are baiting and trying to VILIFY me for no reason.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:11 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't hate you. I have watched and read stuff that was "beyond Christian works." I do watch regular TV once in a while.

Young man I'm not your enemy.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:12 pm
@livinglava,
I am a Born-again Christian.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm not at all devout. As explained in the Easter thread, I haven't been to church in years. I was raised Catholic, but that is it.
chai2

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

So you don't think dragging someones sex life into polite discussion is course and vulgar?

Oh Bob, he didn't drag my sex life into it.

He had another thread where he was asking what people miss about the 80's and 90's. His contributions were the usual animated cartoons and stuff from I think his grade school.

I wasn't embarrassed or ashamed to come on an say what I missed most about that time was having really great sex with my now late husband. I'm pretty sure no one else here is appalled by this statement of fact that people generally enjoy making love to someone they are in love with, and that when that person dies, one of the things that are missed are the times when making love/having sex occurred.

I course I miss that. I was in a state of matrimony, with someone I deeply loved for a long time. I missed the strong bond it created between the 2 of us, which was sufficient to carry us both through the coming bad years. Which now, thankfully for him because he was so very sick, are over.
I will always, until the end of my life, miss having sex with that man, after decades of our lives together. A lot of other things too. But that's a big one, and not something to be embarrassed about or ashamed of. The actual moments were obviously private, but it's not like people/adults don't know that people, married or not, have sex.
JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:20 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Excuse me then.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:22 pm
Anyway, getting back on topic, no one answered my question which I posted in my original Covid-19 thread:

Can animals contract Covid-19 or are they immune to it?
bobsal u1553115

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:26 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
It seems animals don't get it.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:35 pm
@chai2,
Chai, you have nothing to explain or apologize for to me.

I did not know any details past his claims. I am sorry that weasel put you into a position you feel it necessary to clarify his crap. You just plain didn't deserve that abuse. Just stay the honorable person you are. I don't put any stock into his character assassinations.

In fact I don't even remember them.
chai2

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Chai, you have nothing to explain or apologize for to me.

I wasn't.

Most definately not apologizing to anyone, and as far as "explaining" it wasn't because you needed to know, but that I kinda felt it odd you referred to anyone bringing up a particular subject as vulgar and something to be offended about.

Sometimes this entire world seems to be offended by the slightest thing. In general, that's their bag to deal with. Don't know why people have to announce to someone they were offended.

I mean, don't drag your inability to deal with real life into a scenerio that makes it my fault.
That last was a general comment bob, not directed at you.

bobsal u1553115

Tue 21 Apr, 2020 02:59 pm
@chai2,
I did not just bring it up. He did and then claimed he didn't "cuss because I know that is not of God. The Bible says to abstain from coarse and vulgar speech."

https://able2know.org/topic/547206-5#post-6992854
"I don't care if you miss having sex with your husband."

https://able2know.org/topic/547206-7#post-6992912
"I don't cuss because I know that is not of God. The Bible says to abstain from coarse and vulgar speech. "

To which I replied: https://able2know.org/topic/547206-7#post-6992912
"So you don't think dragging someones sex life into polite discussion is course and vulgar? This Lutheran was disgusted by you doing just that. Claiming "treatment in kind"? What about turning the cheek? What about forgiveness? What about vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord"?

And now I pluck you out."

I am sorry I offended you. I certainly could have chosen another example.
I am sorry I caused you upset and consternation.

Please forgive me - I will never bring this up or comment on it again.