Just how clean are these Restaurant’s you dine in?

jcboy

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 11:35 am
I have a few friends whom are waiters. Some tell me I’d never eat in most restaurants if I saw what goes on in the kitchen.

I saw on the news where Hamburger Mary’s in Ybor City was reported for rodent infestation. Perhaps he was just a disgruntled employee? Don’t know, but I've eaten there several times and now feel a little disgusted that I did.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/246132/250/Rats-Former-employee-alerts-state-rodent-infestation-in-restaurant
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 28 • Views: 20,937 • Replies: 21
Topic Closed
No top replies

Sturgis

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 02:25 pm
@jcboy,
Disgruntled? Perhaps or perhaps there is reason to be concerned.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/money/consumer/dirty_dining/Dirty-Dining-Hamburger-Marys-Bar-and-Grille-shut-down-temporarily-for-rodent-activity

Quote:
TAMPA - A popular restaurant in Ybor City was one of two bay area eateries to be shut down last week. There were eight Florida restaurants total closed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants for the week ending March 10, 2012, because of roach or rodent activity, unlicensed activity or no hand washing.

Hamburger Mary's Bar and Grille at 1800 E. 8th Avenue Unit E-202 in Tampa was shut down because of rodent activity. State inspectors found over 75 rodent droppings throughout the kitchen including near the server area, mini-bar area, dish machine, box soda cage, storage room, ice machine, and hostess stand.

The state also issued Hamburger Mary's a stop sale order on March 6, 2012 because 24 gallons of chili was not properly cooled from 135 degrees to 41 degrees in the correct time-frame. All of that chili had to be thrown out.

Hamburger Mary's had 40 critical violations over the last 14 months and among those were food stored on the floor, potentially hazardous food thawing in standing water, and raw animal food stored over cooked food.

Another local restaurant to be shut down by the state this last week included Tilli's Pizzeria and Cafe at 13037 Cortez Blvd in Brooksville.

Tilli's was disciplined for operating without a current Florida Restaurant License on February 6, 2012. Their license had expired and it's not the first time the eatery was cited for that same violation.

According to the state's records, Tilli's was operating without a license during most of 2011 when inspectors showed up in November, July, and March of that year.

Other critical violations tallied up inside this pizza place over the last year included food not date marked, no certified food manager on duty, and sausage and cheese at an improper temperature.

Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Does seem like an interesting spot though

jcboy

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 02:58 pm
@Sturgis,
Yeah I was thinking the same thing after reading that.

That video brought back some memories, some not good memories but it was fun to watch!
Adam4Adam

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 04:05 pm
@jcboy,
I heard this as. Well. You know they won't stay in business long after this.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 05:20 pm
@Sturgis,
Morgan hated the food there, not he would ever go back anyway.
jcboy

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 06:04 pm
@MMarciano,
Is that English? Cool
0 Replies

msolga

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 06:36 pm
@jcboy,
This subject of thread is a bit much to take as I eat my breakfast! Wink
jcboy

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 07:51 pm
@msolga,
Breakfast? we just had din din Smile
msolga

Sat 24 Mar, 2012 08:42 pm
@jcboy,
Was it good?
jcboy

Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:59 am
@msolga,
It was our first time at this new place. The sushi was good but they brought my soup to the table cold, I wasn’t thrilled about that.
0 Replies

Adityavarma

Sat 10 May, 2014 03:55 am
Many Restaurants are clean but if you do inside it will be worse
0 Replies

contrex

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:58 am
"According to Albuquerque's KOAT-TV, Garcia, an employee at an area Sunflower Market, served a yogurt sample to a female customer. After taking a spoonful, the woman noticed a flavor not yet offered by yogurt companies: semen. And she was right.

Albuquerque police have now confirmed that semen was found in the sample. Because DNA tests have not yet come back, they haven't specifically charged Garcia with putting it there. But conveniently enough, KOTA reports, he had "an outstanding warrant for criminal sexual contact of a minor, kidnapping and bribery."

As a result, Garcia was taken into custody, thereby preventing him from providing any more sperm swirlies to the market's customers."
ossobuco

Wed 14 May, 2014 09:55 am
@contrex,
That was a few years ago now. That was one of the best, most well run markets I've ever been in and I've been in some good ones. That one employee was a disaster for them. New ownership/name of the place now.

They should have checked for warrants - does every employer do that? Anyway, it was obvious to us who know the place that that was an outlier situation.
0 Replies

collinstniinteriors

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
@jcboy,
Even if a restaurants interior is good. A look at the kitchen by yourself will be good idea.
0 Replies

kk4mds

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:27 am
There is an IOS app that allows you to see the results of the latest health department inspection for restaurants in Florida. I don't know if it's available for Android or for other states.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 01:12 pm
This restaurant is just a dung heap.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/b51c7223754641db80724ee54a266b78/canadian-tiger-swallowtail-butterfly-feeding-on-raccoon-dung-papilio-a8t037.jpg
0 Replies

RobertAncill

Fri 30 Jun, 2017 12:15 am
@jcboy,
Hygiene should be maintained by a restaurant of any level. It is one of the basic reliable factors of a restaurant regarding a customer's perspective.
Agent1741

Sun 3 Jun, 2018 07:23 pm
Sadly I think if you search for reviews for many resturants you will see things that fall below the standard. Sadly I do not think inspectors are able to keep up with what they are expected to do (like many people). I have not been involved in the food industry for many years but I bet wherever you go there will always be room for improvement.
0 Replies

BrandonBoyette

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 12:18 am
@jcboy,
Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

MyFloridaGreen

Mon 3 Dec, 2018 07:00 am
@jcboy,
yes thats considerable.