Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

Rebelofnj

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 09:19 am
@JGoldman10,
So, did you want people to talk about your work at all and in what capacity?
JGoldman10

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 09:28 am
@Rebelofnj,
I wanted to know what others thought of it.
izzythepush

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 09:28 am
@Rebelofnj,
He wants effusive praise. He’s like Norman Boutin the bloke who wrote Empress Theresa. It’s a book on Amazon and the comments page is full with him arguing why his book should not be changed at all and that it is one of the greatest works in American literature. It starts off with constructive criticism but that doesn’t last long.

Check it out, it’s a phenomenon. I think there’s stuff on YouTube about him.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 09:38 am
@JGoldman10,
And izzy said it was good.

Which is technically is still criticism, similar to when I say "this film is good" or "this book is good".

So do you only want positive criticism and not at all negative or even constructive criticism (example: "This film is good but the second act needs work) ?
JGoldman10

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 02:01 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I wanted to know what you and others thought of it. I wanted people's honest opinions of it. I accept constructive criticism.

Izzy was the only person who was making an issue over when I created and published my work, not me.

I am telling him that's not important. The theme of my work is still relevant.
izzythepush

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 02:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
I didn’t make an issue of anything. I gave you good advice, you can’t handle criticism.
JGoldman10

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:17 pm
@izzythepush,
You said I was late publishing my piece and that I should have published it back in February. It would not have made sense to publish an art piece themed around Covid-19 without knowing more about it first.
JGoldman10

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
So you still aren't going to critique my work?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
Don’t worry, I won’t say another word.
JGoldman10

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 07:48 am
@izzythepush,
Jolly good show.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 07:51 am
@izzythepush,
My art piece was something I wanted to create and publish online sometime before 2020 ended. It was something I wanted to get out of my system. I am glad I did and I'm glad I have it showcased online.
JGoldman10

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:06 am
@Rebelofnj,
If I may ask what did you think about my work?
Rebelofnj

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:33 am
@JGoldman10,
It looks fine. I don't know what else to say.
JGoldman10

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:42 am
@Rebelofnj,
Thank you. I realize looking at the pic I kind of made myself look like a Black version of Lupin the Third. Lol.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 11 Sep, 2020 08:47 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

My art piece was something I wanted to create and publish online sometime before 2020 ended. It was something I wanted to get out of my system. I am glad I did and I'm glad I have it showcased online.

Yes, glad I accomplished getting this piece made and showcased online, before 2020 ended, in light of what's going on in the world regarding Covid-19 and in light of what I have to deal with in my personal life.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 01:01 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
The cartoonist Ben Garrison is popular among the Alt-right. He also drew some anti-semitic cartoons that got him disinvited by The White House, after they initially invited him.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/452346-cartoonist-whose-art-was-labeled-anti-semitic-wont-attend-white-house

The ADL likes to falsely accuse conservatives of antisemitism. But don't believe their charges. They lie about people.

The cartoon that the ADL falsely accuses Ben Garrison of drawing:
https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/jewish-control-of-the-federal-reserve-a-classic-anti-semitic-myth

The cartoon that Ben Garrison actually drew:
https://grrrgraphics.com/the-wizard-of-debt
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 10 Nov, 2020 06:27 am
Squawk Box
@SquawkCNBC
·
48m
"If the vaccine is truly 90% efficacious, we're probably going to need about 60% of the population vaccinated" to get close to herd immunity, says Emory's
@CarlosdelRio7
on yesterday's #COVID19 vaccine news.
0 Replies