Further Discussion About Covid-19 and the Covid-19 Crisis 2020

Rebelofnj

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 05:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
It depends on the phone company and your state. You would need to call. It is very likely that they contacted you via email or physical mail about any possible changes to your bill.
JGoldman10

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 01:46 am
@Rebelofnj,
Hello Rebel. My pastor told me this.
I'm going to ask the head of my local employment center- he can confirm whether or not this is true.

I was curious - I thought maybe people here heard something about it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 01:49 am
@chai2,
If I annoy and/or offend you so much, why are you responding to my posts?

Stop trolling my threads.
JGoldman10

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 02:05 am
@Rebelofnj,
I didn't get any emails from Boost Mobile about phone lines being required to stay on. I'll call them.

What state agency or agencies would I contact about this?
izzythepush

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 03:30 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If I annoy and/or offend you so much, why are you responding to my posts?

The only person’s behaviour you can change is your own. You can’t stop Chai, or anyone else for that matter, from commenting on your posts, but you can put her on ignore.

At the end of the day it sure beats having pointless arguments with someone you can’t abide.
JGoldman10

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 04:42 am
@izzythepush,
She is on ignore. I report her posts.
izzythepush

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 04:58 am
@JGoldman10,
If you keep responding they’re not really on ignore.

I’d knock the reporting on the head if I were you. I can’t see anything in Chai’s posts that would warrant being reported. If you keep reporting stuff like that you won’t be taken seriously when you do report something genuinely unacceptable.
jespah

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 05:49 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you.
chai2

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 09:09 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'll call them.

DING DING DING DING!!

Calling your phone provider to get information about your phone plan for the WIN!

I knew you could do it goldman.
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 09:26 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Thank you.

Oh man, I'm sorry I put more work on you jes.
jespah

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 01:38 pm
@chai2,
No prob. Smile
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 01:48 pm
@izzythepush,
She's spamming my threads with her nonsense and offensive posts.
izzythepush

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 02:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sez you. You have an idea of how you should be treated, and when people don't follow your own personal guidelines you get all radgey and start reporting them.

Unfortunately for you, society at large, and A2K in particular ,doesn't follow your own guidelines. What they have is terms and conditions, and Chai doesn't appear to be in breach of those terms, regardless of what you think.

The moderators on A2K aren't paid, they're volunteers. Most of what they have to do involves shitloads of real spam, dodgy websites, not someone who merely disagrees with you.

In short they don't have time for your nonsense, and it is nonsense. If anyone is doing the spamming it's you. Why do you think Jespah thanked me for telling you to stop reporting people?

Here's a clue, it's not because the mods think Chai is spamming your threads, it's because you're becoming a bloody nuisance.

Stop it, put Chai on ignore, end of.

Then you can go back to asking us if the shop at the end of your road is still out of bogroll.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 07:17 pm
I'm still trying to find out phone companies are required to keep on lines active regardless of whether or not people's phone bills were paid.

As of the time of the posting of this I tried calling Boost Mobile to find out and their customer service line was closed. I tried calling Spectrum their customer service line was too busy.

Is Boost Mobile part of Sprint?

If anyone here knows the answers to these questions please help. Thank you.

cherrie

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 07:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
Just pay your bill then none of this will matter.
Rebelofnj

Fri 17 Apr, 2020 08:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
I have found the answers very easily using Google and certain keywords. Basically used each company's name and "coronavirus".

Why do you have trouble using Google on your phone, but can use this site just fine?
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 18 Apr, 2020 05:41 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm still trying to find out phone companies are required to keep on lines active regardless of whether or not people's phone bills were paid.

As of the time of the posting of this I tried calling Boost Mobile to find out and their customer service line was closed. I tried calling Spectrum their customer service line was too busy.

Is Boost Mobile part of Sprint?

If anyone here knows the answers to these questions please help. Thank you.

I suspect there will be financial help for companies that go easy on people who fall behind on bills during the lock downs.

There will be people who go on paying their bills on time, however, so I don't think there can be total bailouts for those who don't.

They're going to have to find some way to honor those who manage to go on paying bills on time while also not punishing those who fall behind too badly.

I'm still wondering when online/remote work opportunities are going to start picking up. I don't know how many employers are in the kind of secure economic position it takes to be able to invest in creating online employment opportunities.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 18 Apr, 2020 09:23 am
@cherrie,
Hello Cherrie how are you? Thank you for the kind response. I asked Boost Mobile if what my pastor said was true or not. They paid my phone bill for April 2020 for me. Smile

That's one less bill I need to deal with at the moment. I don't have to be concerned about my Spectrum bill- I already returned my charter equipment to them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 18 Apr, 2020 10:07 am
I wonder what historians are going to say about the Covid-19 crisis? I wonder if they are going to consider the crisis a "dark chapter in human history"?

Imagine telling your grandkids about the crisis.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 18 Apr, 2020 10:13 am
I read somewhere that Marvel Comics and DC Comics going to get together and collaborate on some comic book crossovers in order to save the comics industry from the Covid-19 crisis.

I wonder if that's true. DC and Marvel have produced 4 decades worth of crossover comics, and some unofficial ones.

The last major one was the JLA/Avengers one but that came out about 2 decades ago.

How is any official crossover between DC and Marvel going to work now, since DC Headquarters moved to L.A. to be closer to Warner Bros. a couple of years ago and Marvel Headquarters is still in NYC?

For many years both companies were stationed in NYC.