Bernie Sanders 2020

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 06:33 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/68385078_1500726460064258_2511502926862614528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkrtKhFngD-fr9cA_yUtyyHCaH1iin0vf49z2gPAWUwmNQJ7brwnlQ9pCqk38jR9oTIrtcG6CQgjMephdee0nLK&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=81fe080dc976ebb688335637e0ffffa7&oe=5DCAD616
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 22 • Views: 29,780 • Replies: 779

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 06:47 pm
According to the NY Times, Bernie ate a corn dog but had no one to speak to in Iowa.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:53 pm
At one time I respected this news organization. Seems so long and far away --- The NY Times has become one among the Enquirer, Fox News and MSNBC.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sorry to say, Bernie's time has long past.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 10:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You have a right to think that.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 11:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
An issue with both Sanders and Biden, is the people who urge voting for their choice and then indicate that it'll be just for one term. They have already decided that did to age they'll be too old to go for a second round. They then proceed to prop up choices for V.P.

If nothing else, we are getting to see age discrimination in action.

Personally, I don't want either.
Biden because of his past actions
Sanders because we need a person who might be able to realistically get a few things done and some bills passed during their first term. Sanders is worse than Don Quixote at times.
Lash

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 04:14 am
@Sturgis,
Unless Sanders is reflecting the fervent desire of an overwhelming percentage of the population. Then, whose right is it to stand in our way?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 04:15 am
@edgarblythe,
They all must follow the agendas of their multimillionaire owners. We don’t have a free press now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:18 am
I'm here to push Bernie's policies. Don't intend to argue should he run, can he do the job stuff. He is the only one among them who will actually work to live up to the rhetoric.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:38 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I'm here to push Bernie's policies. Don't intend to argue should he run, can he do the job stuff. He is the only one among them who will actually work to live up to the rhetoric.

Came back to amend. Blatant lies will also be addressed.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:39 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

According to the NY Times, Bernie ate a corn dog but had no one to speak to in Iowa.

Do you have a link? Everything I've been reading and listening to says that Sanders commands huge crowds just like the other A list candidates.

As for Sanders's candidacy, I think his support is stagnant. Those who like him really like him and those who aren't already in his camp aren't really considering him. He's still getting a good amount of press, but Warren is doing a better job of representing his position with concrete proposals and he still has all the negatives he had last time around. I think his best bet is to beat the field in New Hampshire to get some momentum going. He stomped Clinton in New Hampshire four years ago, if he wins there again, that's some hope. If he loses there, well, that isn't a good sign.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:48 am
@engineer,
I will look for at in a few minutes. I blocked it everywhere I could on facebook and twitter.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:49 am
Ramón Benítez
@ScottWFaya
·

When I vote I vote with my morals and my conscience, If I think you will murder in my name I cant vote for you, If you are not 100% #MedicareForAll I cant vote for u, if you will be friendly to Saudis (Wahhabist), Israel (Zionist) or any Nationalist, Im gone
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:50 am
@edgarblythe,
No problem, I found it. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-iowa.html

Quote:
DES MOINES — Bernie Sanders examined the butter cow. He power-walked by the Ferris wheel. He gobbled a corn dog.

He spoke to almost no one.

Most presidential candidates use the 10-day Iowa State Fair to showcase their retail campaigning skills, because it is one of the best opportunities to meet a wide cross-section of voters before the caucuses in February. Mr. Sanders’s approach to the event on Sunday — stride briskly, wave occasionally, converse infrequently — underscored how he has grounded his campaign in championing ideas rather than establishing human connections.

This is a different spin than what you presented and is consistent with other accounts I have heard. Sanders is surrounded by press and staffers and doesn't do the retail politics, hand shaking, selfie taking that other candidates do.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:53 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBt1jkhXoAAt1IG?format=jpg&name=large
There are several more pictures.

beth, stuck in a fish tube
@bourgeoisalien
wait, here's Bernie talking to people... but corporate media told us he spent the day gobbling a corn dog and ignoring everyone... whoa, are they lying to us? no... the good people of CNN, WaPo, and New York times wouldn't do that.. clearly these pictures are doctored
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:54 am
@engineer,
Similar comment from NPR that I heard yesterday.

Quote:
DANIELLE KURTZLEBEN, BYLINE: If you're trying to meet your favorite candidate at the state fair, you might have to fight for it. Candidates like Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders don't so much wander the fair as plow through it surrounded by a mass of reporters and campaign staff.

I will note in the same story, they recorded a girl absolutely freaking out because she "got a hand shake".
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:55 am
The Bern Identity
@bern_identity
·
16h
Bernie Sanders speaks to people. He held a town hall which 25% of town came to. His #Soapbox speech at the fair had biggest crowd. He has over 25K volunteers in IA.

In NYTs own 2020 donor map, the ENTIRE state is Bernie blue with most individual donors. (link: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/02/us/politics/2020-democratic-fundraising.html) nytimes.com/interactive/20… (link: https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1160989866982813704) twitter.com/nytpolitics/st…
RABEL222

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 10:43 am
@edgarblythe,
You have to have allies in congress to get laws passed. I don't like Bernie because while he has some good ideas he will not be able to get much through congress because he sent a democrat. Its called politics. I hate it but I also want change. You know making billionaires pay taxes rather than me supporting them. I still haven't chosen one candidate but am considering several. Still got s year.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 11:23 am
@RABEL222,
Also, Bernies primary message hasn't changed. He's locked into his message that he memorized years ago.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 12:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He has been building his message from the 60s straight til now. When you get it right, you don't have to "evolve," the way apologists for Biden and Hillary claim their candidates do. He got it right the first time.