Bernie Sanders 2020

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 12:42 pm
@RABEL222,
So you are saying, let the oligarchy have it, because doing the right thing is hard.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
No. I said unless you get a 66% democratic majority in congress you could elect Abraham Lincoln to office and still not get laws passed that help the whole country. There is such a thing as recognizing reality. And while I am at it i might say I resent your olley misinterpretation of what I said. Its dishonest.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 03:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Those are the key words, "when he gets the message right." https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_converter&param2=59b60d0b-7323-44a1-abc2-1f111a0429b0&param3=converter_~US~appfocus1&param4=g-ccc3-lp0-cp_1744376776-bb8-sfnt~Safari~fact+check%2c+is+joe+biden%27s+message+effective~D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E&param1=20190529&p=fact+check%2c+is+joe+biden%27s+message+effective&type=1744376776
Quote:
“As Senator, Joe Biden was routinely criticized by civil rights leaders over his position on busing and desegregation,” said Alexandra Rojas, executive director of Justice Democrats, and Waleed Shahid, communications director of Justice Democrats. “When Joe Biden could have apologized for being on the wrong side of history, he doubled down and appeared angered by Senator Harris’ remarks at the debate. Her argument, and his campaign’s refusal to own up to his past, made clear that Joe Biden lacks the leadership needed to govern America through a series of historic crises today.”
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 03:44 pm
@RABEL222,
Then if we aren't expected to give up, why give up on the candidate that actually wants to do the right thing?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 03:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Bernie Sanders gets it right. It's people who won't give him his due who get it wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 03:56 pm
To see what he stands for, click the link. Each of the below topics will be addressed.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Health Care for All
College for All and Cancel All Student Debt
Fight for Working Families
Jobs for All
Right to a Secure Retirement
Combat Climate Change and Pass a Green New Deal
Meet Our Commitment To Our Veterans
Enact A Responsible, Comprehensive Foreign Policy
Fight for Women’s Rights
Fight for Disability Rights
Fight for LGBTQ Equality
Empower the People of Puerto Rico
Demand that the Wealthy, Large Corporations and Wall Street Pay their Fair Share in Taxes
Gun Safety
Criminal Justice Reform
Racial Justice
Immigration Reform
Empower Tribal Nations
Real Wall Street Reform
Fight For Fair Trade and Workers
Reinvest in Public Education and Teachers
Get Big Money Out of Politics and Restore Democracy
Fair Banking for All
Revitalizing Rural America
Bernie 2020
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 04:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know what Bernie stands for, but it’s pie in the sky. There’s no way to pay for all of that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 04:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
FACT: Only 40% who enroll in college graduate in 4 years. Check out the cost of college?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 04:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sure there is. Cut back on military spending, tax the wealthy, raise minimum wage - there are lots of ways to pay for it. Medicare for all for instance actually costs much less than what we have now, including Obamacare.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 04:50 pm
(CNN) Bernie Sanders has been running for president for the last four-ish years straight. In the wake of his closer-than-expected primary loss to Hillary Clinton in 2016, Sanders kept his massive grassroots organization active and made sure anyone and everyone knew that he wasn't done with this whole "national politics" thing.

But as of late, for the first time in more than 1,000 days as an official (and unofficial) candidate, Sanders has climbed to the top of the mountain: He is, as of today, the leader of the Democratic 2020 pack, according to our updated power rankings.
Link on my Progressives liberals thread
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Military spending can be cut. We're already spending more than the top three countries combined. https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=military+spending+by+country&fr=yhs-pty-pty_converter&hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_converter&imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fniallmccarthy%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F04%2F20170424_Military_Expenditure.jpg#id=0&iurl=https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-
Our forces are stationed around the world. It's impossible for Russia or China to attack our country or any of our allies. They know what the consequences will be. It was the same strategy when I was in the USAF back in the late 1950's, and worked with nukes. We can win just on the logistics.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It has gotten so totally out of hand it has become a monster, eating up what resources are left after the wealthy tax cuts.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That’s not true.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
You are sounding more and more like ollay and lash. Clinton blew him away. She got more actual votes when his people couldent control who got to vote. Bernie doesn't have the organization to pass shyt. Wake up and smell the coffee. He has some good ideas with no way to get them into law. Obama damn near dident get his health law passed not because of republicans but because demo rats, from his own party wouldent back him. He had to weaken the law to get it past the democrats. I guess you think the republicans are going to back him. You've been watching too much fox news.
Lash

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:18 pm
@RABEL222,
You’ve been swilling on too much failed elitist propaganda, sad losing Centrist. Your time has ended. Move aside.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 06:00 pm
@RABEL222,
I don't agree with a word you just posted, but I support your right to be wrong.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 06:22 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

You are sounding more and more like ollay and lash. Clinton blew him away. She got more actual votes when his people couldent control who got to vote. Bernie doesn't have the organization to pass shyt. Wake up and smell the coffee. He has some good ideas with no way to get them into law. Obama damn near dident get his health law passed not because of republicans but because demo rats, from his own party wouldent back him. He had to weaken the law to get it past the democrats. I guess you think the republicans are going to back him. You've been watching too
much fox news.

I haven't ever watched Fox news, even once.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
How courageous of you
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Please, please convince the majority of your leftist friends to insist on these.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yea, it's those people who won't give him his due. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies