Bernie Sanders 2020

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Well, it's completely on him now. If he drops dead between now and November 2020, it won't be because of his supporters.
Of course, the timeline includes the following four years. And it isn't just a matter of remaining alive. We probably ought not to assume that the rigors of a campaign are greater or much greater than being an active, healthy and competent President.
hightor

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 12:01 pm
@blatham,
Christ, I can't help thinking about Sanders and those pictures of former presidents before and after they left office.

revelette1

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 12:30 pm
@blatham,
True, considering his primary goal is completely doing away with our present health care (such as it is) and instituting a Medicare for all. A big undertaking even supposing it will pass both the House and the Senate even if we have majorities in both come election day. Remembering the start of Obamacare which was not as far reaching to say the least, it is will be a vast project filled with setbacks.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 02:39 pm
@blatham,
He won't win, but should he, he will almost assuredly die in office. I don't want to see Bernie die before his time, but his time is sort of now.
Lash

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 02:54 pm
@blatham,
Da, comrade! Everyone who disagrees with you is a Russian!

The Russians are coming!! The Russians are coming!!!!!!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:04 pm
@hightor,
She has been running around claiming she was fired from her first teaching job because she was pregnant, trying to use it as some sort of political ploy that men are anti-woman. Older video has since surfaced of here admitting to not having a teachers cert for the job and not having enough time to get the proper credentials so she became a stay at home mom for a few years.

She has made a habit of lying about her life story to advance either her career or her political ambitions.
[url]https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/10/media-cover-for-elizabeth-warren-lies-again/[url]
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:35 pm
My dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was well into the business of dying when his perfectly healthy best friend dropped dead mowing his lawn.

The friend was set to preach dad’s funeral, but dad had to get out of his deathbed to attend his friend’s funeral.

Bernie will outlive some of you. Maybe me. Both will be a better deal for our society.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:41 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Christ, I can't help thinking about Sanders and those pictures of former presidents before and after they left office.
Yes. I also can't help thinking of my reflection in any mirror when I make the mistake of looking.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:41 pm
All the blather about Bernie's health is just a new stealth move to deny him the right to serve. The same people know Warren and Biden are creaking but you don't hear them bitching about that. Biden's eye exploded like a cherry bomb, but people took it in stride. Bernie and I are a year apart in age and I know no reason he cannot make it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:42 pm
@revelette1,
Yeah. He's not the only candidate in a similar situation but this recent event underlined the dilemma.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 03:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but his time is sort of now.
You guys are making me sad. I think I'm going to up my vitamin M.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:02 pm
Jimmy Carter left office in 1982. Today he is 95. He fell down twice, got stitches, 0n his birthday this month, and promptly went to work on another Habitat For Humanity house. Being president took a toll, naturally. But every experience affects every individual according to their own constitution.
blatham

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 07:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter turned 95 yesterday, ahead of the milestone birthday he told a crowd at the Carter Center last month, that he hopes there will be an age limit on the presidency. He explained that “just in foreign affairs [he doesn’t] think [he] could undertake it if [he] was 80 years old in the White House.”
https://www.rollcall.com/news/video/jimmy-carter-hope-theres-age-limit-run-president
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2019 11:05 pm
@blatham,
I think people who don't really want Sanders to win will pursue any line of argument they can to throw his campaign off track.
blatham

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:42 am
@edgarblythe,
If you're talking about me, you've got it wrong. Carter's statement (and personal knowledge, of course) was precisely relevant to your post I responded to. I had seen Carter's statement previously but didn't post it here until you brought up the fellow and referred to his age and continuing productivity. It's a tad odd for you to suggest that my post (or Carter's statement) represents some sneaky and covert attempt to damage Sanders.
hightor

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 06:49 am
@blatham,
It's incredible that people are so consumed by ******* politics that expressions of concern about an elderly man's health are interpreted as efforts to damage him. He's a person; he's not some puppet which is here to fulfill totally unrealistic expectations about the end of corporate capitalism in the USA.
blatham

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:17 am
@hightor,
Yes. I suppose when some conception of salvation is attended by a notion that only one path or one individual might bring it about, things can go nasty rather quickly if circumstances turn the "wrong" way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:28 am
@blatham,
I'm not disputing Carter. Just pointing out how the ravenous wolves are hoping this angle will stop the progressives and you are playing along with it.
hightor

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:33 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Just pointing out how the ravenous wolves are hoping this angle will stop the progressives...

You mean the "progressive". There's only one in the race, or at least that's what the Sanders supporters here would have us believe.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2019 07:41 am
@edgarblythe,
I suspect that a candidate who is 95 years of age would trouble you regardless of any other positive factor. Age/health are relevant. And if Warren or Biden had just had a heart attack, you'd likely mention that fact.